PDA

View Full Version : The new "Wolf Pack" would like to welcome you!

WP_Gutshot
11-23-2007, 12:47 AM
Hello Fellow Pilots!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A76HziFh3I0

The new "Wolf Pack" Squadron is now recruiting!! We would like to welcome ANY and ALL pilots, from brand new simmers to salty veterans, to come view our website, roster, and forums at www.sim.lightning-bolt.net. The Wolf Pack focuses on training, Historical Co-Op Missions, and Intra-Squad missions and events. We are a laid back group of friends first and foremost. The only thing we ask our new members is that they share the same passion for flying IL-2 that we do!

If you like what you see at our website and on our forums, please feel free join us by registering at our forums... If you have any questions about our squad and don't wish to join until some of your questions are answered simply post your questions on our "public" sign up thread!

The Wolf Pack will be gathering on our TS server for some good training this Sunday evening Nov. 25th starting at 6PM EST (come and go as you please) till around 1AM-2AM EST. Please join in if interested. Our TS server information is on the website. Hope to see you there!

-S- Gutshot

IFly_1968
11-23-2007, 03:43 PM
What settings do you plan on using for the standard of the group.

WP_Gutshot
11-23-2007, 09:00 PM
Hey IFly,
Thanks for the question. Right now we are training up some of our greener pilots. Once we start our Historical Co-Op Campaign Missions we will be flying on full realism with these exceptions:Speed Bar Option will be enabled, Minimap Path will be visible on the map (no icons however), external views will be allowed, and padlocking will be allowed for those that dont have Track IR and wish to use it against the AI. We may eventually decide to deactivate the minimap path and external views during the campaign later on. Seeing as how these missions will be flown against the PC AI there is no real disadvantage. Our Intra squad events will more than likely be FULL realism like some of the more popular Hyper Lobby servers are.

http://sim.lightning-bolt.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=33

WP_Predator
11-25-2007, 04:11 AM
Hi everyone

id just like to take the time to say that the Wolf Pack is really looking great and is very exciting to be involved in.

for me being relatively new to IL2 i find that the friendly atmosphere created by a group of great guys makes it really easy for me to improve my skills by learning from experienced professionals

so if your new to IL2 or even flight simulators in general, dont let that put you off, we are more than willing to teach you and conversely if your already a veteran then you can fly alongside some top-notch pilots.

all that is expected of you is that you have the commitment, dedication and maturity that we all have. If you can display the above skills i really hope that you will visit our homepages at http://sim.lightning-bolt.net and maybe even get on for our training night this sunday to get a look at us first hand

hope to see you online soon :D

Vigilant
11-25-2007, 05:04 AM
You should mention where you are based too, that helps (ie ping wise) :D

WP_Gutshot
11-26-2007, 04:50 AM
Good call Vigilant,
We actually have a good mixture right now of both North American and UK/European pilots. As far as ping goes I'd say we're definitely based out of US however we connect via direct IP for squad operations and there have never been lag issues. When we wish to fly co-op as a squad against other humans we will be utilizing some of the more popular HL servers like Winds of War, WarClouds and so on. If interested please check us out. Our dedicated squad times are Fridays 9PM EST/2AM GMT and Sundays 6PM EST/11PM GMT all other night are considered off nights however those of us available will routinely meet up on off nights to train/fly.

www.sim.lightning-bolt.net

Cheers!

WP_saipan
11-29-2007, 06:40 AM
As pilot who always played in Hyperlobby I have had a great time flying with the Wolf Pack (http://www.sim.lightning-bolt.net/).

I have learned alot from the seasoned pilots and I also feel comfortable asking questions. Check us out on Team Speak Friday night Nov 30, 9 pm eastern.

WP_Gutshot
11-29-2007, 02:07 PM
Hey fellas,
If you've always thought of joining a squad come check us out. We're growing every week and now is the right time to join as we are starting to certify our pilots for our 100 missions Co-Op campaign and we are covering great training every Friday and Sunday evening on our TS server. www.sim.lightning-bolt.net We also have made custom missions, skins, awards, noseart,and sigs for all members. The only thing we ask is that you are over 18 and have the same desire to learn, teach, fly with a great group of guys as we do!

WP_Gutshot
12-03-2007, 09:35 PM
Bump!

:wink:

WP_ShipWreck
12-03-2007, 09:54 PM
I would especially like to invite people who are new to simming and Il-2. We train from the ground up!

Wild.Bill.Kelso
12-05-2007, 02:24 PM
What aircraft are you going to be flying the most?

WP_Gutshot
12-05-2007, 06:12 PM
We will be focusing on the Amreican aircraft mostly during our co-op campaign missions. We will be starting at the begining of the war and working our way through to the end. However we conduct multiple intra-squad events where we actually will fight in opposing force aircraft such as the zero and 190/109's for good training. We do not restrict our members into only flying one sort of aircraft. We do however, during our Co-Op campaigns only fly a certain amount of aircraft so that members learn how to fly them well. We also have a Fighter squadron and a Strike squadron in which you'll fly different aircraft withing the squadron.

Come check us out! www.sim.lightning-bolt.net

WP_Gutshot
12-10-2007, 03:02 PM
Hey All!
We have just assigned WP_Doc as our training officer and he has TONS of training lessons planned for our squad from basic aerodynamic forces to flight tactics like the Thatch Weave. If you're new or old to the sim please check us out and if interested in what you see, register in our forums post a hello in the sign up and log into TS any night to catch us flyin'! www.sim.lightning-bolt.net

WWTaco
12-10-2007, 03:14 PM
Once you guys get up and going drop by and give us a holler. Always looking for new virtual friends to fly with and against... You guys a Open Pit Squad or a Closed Pit Squad?

S!

Taco

http://www.wingwalkers.org/vault/taco/wwt.jpg

WP_Gutshot
12-11-2007, 07:58 AM
Hey Taco!
If by open pit, you mean do we allow external views, then the answer is sometimes. We wll allow external views ONLY for training. However for our Co-Op Campaign, intra-squad missions, and certifications we do not allow externals.

WP_Gutshot
12-12-2007, 11:58 PM
Hey All!
The Wolf Pack will be starting our extensive custom online training classes and online maps for our members! We're growing every week, please check us out if you are interested in flying with a great group of laid back but knowledgeable guys!

WP_Gutshot
12-14-2007, 05:46 AM
Hey Fellas,
Just wanted to let you all know tonight we will begin our extensive training to help train our green members. This training actually involves a 20-30 minute online course with our Training Officer "Doc". We will connect to a virtual calssroom online via the internet and from there we will transition to our training maps where we will be practicing what was taught in the calssroom lesson!

Check us out if you're looking for a great squad full of enthusiastic pilots looking to learn and grow together. www.sim.lightning-bolt.net

S!

WP_Gutshot
12-18-2007, 07:44 PM
We just welcomed our 18th active member WP_Snacko (Wild.Bill.Kelso)!! Come check us out. Again we accept all skill levels. We can train you from square one!!

WP_Gutshot
01-06-2008, 01:34 AM

WP_Gutshot
01-07-2008, 04:21 PM
Hey all,
The Wolf Pack has just released thier recruiting video that can be streamed at the website www.sim.lightning-bolt.net or on youtube at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A76HziFh3I0. Let us know what you think and if you're looking for a great squad to learn IL-2 with, we're the right choice for you! We train from the bottom up and take part in all sorts of events from training, inter/intra squad dogfights/missions, and we utilize the Dynamic Campaign Generator for our weekly Co-op Campaign where we award points, medals, and promotions based on long term performance.

Stop on by!

WP_Gutshot
01-09-2008, 07:15 AM
up she goes :)

WP_Snacko
01-09-2008, 01:29 PM
I just joined the Wolf Pack about 2 weeks ago, and all i can say is they are a great group of guys. I am a total noob to online flying, and don't know the etiquette of talking online in Teamspeak. But they are teaching me everything I need to know to succeed in online play.

Our Training Officer (Doc) is very patient, and a great teacher. He uses an online chalkboard to start his lessions, so you can learn what we are going to do for that day. Then we go online and get one on one training on that day's topic. Couldn't ask for anything better really!

Stop over to our TeamSpeak server and say hi and ask any questions you may have. If 'I' can do this, you can do this, because I sucked online till now.

Snacko

Viking
01-09-2008, 02:37 PM
This thread is beginning to sound like an ad in TV Shop.

Viking

robtek
01-09-2008, 03:12 PM
This thread is beginning to sound like an ad in TV Shop.

Viking

roger that.

JG52Uther
01-09-2008, 05:44 PM
Well why not,its not harming anybody.The more threads the better here.

WP_Gutshot
01-10-2008, 09:39 PM
Thank you for the support Uther. I see nothing wrong with asking members of the community, that are interested in possibly joining a squad that is willing to train you from the ground up, to check our Squadron's website.

That being said I'd like to invite anyone that is interested in joining a squad and taking their IL2 experience to the next big level to check us out at www.sim.lightning-bolt.net
The Wolf Pack will be commencing our first Co-Op Campaign utilizing the DCG (Dynamic Campaign Generator) on Feb 10th, 2008. Missions will be won, members will be promoted, medals and awards will be earned!!

Viking
01-11-2008, 03:08 PM
I honestly meant no harm in my, slightly, mocking remark; but the perpetual bumping of this thread, without any real news added, is IMHO getting somewhat tiresome.

I believe that a request to the mod, or admin, to make a sticky where squads could announce their presence; and post info for presumptive new members, might be a good idea.

Viking

Edit: Or perhaps even, daring thought, create a NEW room in this forum;”IL2 Squad forum”!

JG52Uther
01-11-2008, 03:24 PM
Edit: Or perhaps even, daring thought, create a NEW room in this forum;”IL2 Squad forum”!
Very good idea!

WP_Doc
01-13-2008, 12:59 AM
~S~

The Wolf Pack (http://www.sim.lightning-bolt.net/)
Make a post in the sign-up topic of our forums and we'll get you started.

Thanks for the kind words Snacko, we are still recruiting both experienced and new pilots. All we require is you be willing to learn and fly as a member of a team. Lone wolves need not apply.

~S~
WP_Doc

WP_Kommodore
01-15-2008, 09:47 PM
Joined up recently, really nice group of pilots here. Very helpful as far as training goes. Campaign starts soon! If you do sign up you'll find it a lot of fun. Definately some of the most fun I've had on a sim, as far as simulating real world situations ;)

WP_Doc
01-18-2008, 05:05 PM
BUMP*

Are you a team player looking for a team? Then the Wolf Pack wants you! We want everyone to know that NO MATTER your IL-2 skill level we will always warmly welcome anyone that shares our passion for learning how to fly well and in an organized group of friends.

We can train you from the ground up.

If you are brand new to IL-2 or are a many year veteran, please take a look at what the Wolf Pack is about and if you feel we may be a great fit for you, fill out the enlistment form on the "Join the Wolf Pack" link and start flying as a team member today!

Lone Wolves need not apply.

~S~
Doc

WP_Gutshot
01-23-2008, 05:53 AM
*bump*

Kaptein_Damli
01-24-2008, 09:51 AM
I would love to join your squadron, but I don´t understand the timezone/time you posted in the registerform. I live in Norway as I speak it is 11:40 (I use 24H format, never understood the pm/am thing lol). I play mosty after 20:00 Norwegian time. I play mostly fridays as I work day/evening every other week. I have a child at 4, so I can´t play when I want to. I also have a wife that needs some attention too. ;)

So what "Norwegian time" while your squadron mostly play? I am available after 20:00 friday to sunday and maybe some weekdays, but as I read at your site, there is no forced play? I will fly as much as I can. I also have a couple of friends I sure would join. I will talk to them tonight.

Kaptein_Damli
01-24-2008, 10:38 AM
BTW: I have patch 4.09 beta, are you guys using 4.08? If so, I need to reinstall the game. (Hope not as I love the new maps! :) )

WP_Gutshot
01-24-2008, 08:18 PM
Hey Damli,
Thanks for your interest in our squad... As far as the time zones are concerned our dedicated squad nights are Fridays at 2100 EST which in GMT is Sat 0200 GMT, and Sundays at 1800 EST which in GMT is Sun 2300 GMT. Let us know whether or not this is a problem with your schedule or not... most of our members (especailly the staff) fly every night 0200 GMT.

We do use v4.08m. None of the well known and popular dedicated servers will not transition over to 4.09m until it is officially released.

Since you have signed up on our forums please post any further questions over there. Thanks

WP_Snacko
01-29-2008, 02:30 PM
We've had about 3 new members join in just the last few days, and it's never too late to get started! The training is very complete, in a classroom setting and also 1-on-1 when needed.

Come check us out on Teamspeak. If your an IL2 or online noob like I was, you'll find this an easy place to learn everything you need at your own pace.

http://sim.lightning-bolt.net (http://sim.lightning-bolt.net/)

WP_Doc
02-25-2008, 04:21 PM
BUMP* Still recruiting

Are you a team player looking for a team? Then the Wolf Pack wants you! We want everyone to know that NO MATTER your IL-2 skill level we will always warmly welcome anyone that shares our passion for learning how to fly well and in an organized group of friends.

We can train you from the ground up.

If you are brand new to IL-2 or are a many year veteran, please take a look at what the Wolf Pack is about and if you feel we may be a great fit for you, fill out the enlistment form on the "Join the Wolf Pack" link and start flying as a team member today!

Lone Wolves need not apply.

~S~
Doc

WP_Gutshot
05-13-2008, 06:59 PM
Still looking for dedicated pilots. All skill levels accpeted. Come check us out!