PDA

View Full Version : Pie in the sky.

partic
11-21-2007, 09:45 PM
6 weeks, 6 jpgs... whack'o!
Actually it's more like a year and 6 jpgs. I think it's time to start looking elsewhere... I don't care what those in the know claim, this is starting to look like vapour-ware. And if it's not, why would they want to make it look like it is? Over at UBI-zoo Ivan said (no, not promised) Oleg would maybe start weekly updates in July. Nothing. This forum opens to much anticipation and we have 6 underwhelming pictures. Why?
Oh well, the game may come out eventually but let's face it, there is no reason to hang around the forums anymore.

SlipBall
11-21-2007, 09:48 PM
Believe me, I'm sure that they are doing their very best...just hang in there with us

Triad773
11-22-2007, 02:07 AM
Well buh-bye then.

The rest of us will be sure to drop you a line when there's news.

Geez what's the point of that when we all feel a bit impatient then.

partic
11-22-2007, 03:43 AM
The rest of us will be sure to drop you a line when there's news.
That would be great, actually. Now I think about it... is there a feature on this board for allowing some kind of alert when a given user, Oleg for instance, posts a message? The fact is we all just have to endure the information blackout and it's not as if I won't buy the game when it comes out but then I am only interested in combat flight sims so will put up with a bit of poor customer service if I have to. That may not apply to customers with broader interests, though. After all, there's a difference between waiting and being kept in the dark.
There's nothing wrong with a customer expressing frustration with poor service. Smart businesses listen when they do.

96th_Nightshifter
11-22-2007, 03:55 AM
Now I think about it... is there a feature on this board for allowing some kind of alert when a given user, Oleg for instance, posts a message?

There is actually, go to "Oleg Maddox News" thread and at the bottom select, "watch this topic", then if any actual news is posted you will get an e-mail to let you know about it.

partic
11-22-2007, 05:27 AM
Thank'ee, 96th_Nightshifter.

Evgeny
11-22-2007, 05:50 AM
Oleg is working very hard, guys, and he does his best to give you something new. I'll ask him to post something as soon as he can. Just stay tuned!

Triad773
11-22-2007, 06:28 AM
Well there you go Partic- yes Watch this thread for replies works as well as if anyone did send you a note on stuff. I have the temptation to try that myself sometime soon.

Also thanks to Evgeny for trying to provide something in way of an update. Any news is better than none.

Cheers

Triad

Vigilant
11-22-2007, 10:18 AM
is there a feature on this board for allowing some kind of alert when a given user, Oleg for instance, posts a message?
I hear the 1C genital electrode prototype is available, and long as you share the updates with rest of us we can cuff you in :D

Isn't that news to your ears? :D

Insuber
11-22-2007, 05:04 PM
I hear the 1C genital electrode prototype is available, and long as you share the updates with rest of us we can cuff you in :D

Isn't that news to your ears? :D

MEGALOL!!!!!

Friendly_flyer
11-22-2007, 07:31 PM
I'll ask him to post something as soon as he can. Just stay tuned!

Thanks Evgeny!

BG-09
11-24-2007, 02:12 PM
Hmmmmmmm...dont panic....dont panic...it is all ok...BoB is comming soon...

Slap
11-24-2007, 02:22 PM
Two more weeks chaps

http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/7906/2672575ag5.jpg

*Buzzsaw*
11-24-2007, 06:21 PM
Salute

Oleg finishes what he starts.

Old_Canuck
11-24-2007, 07:08 PM
Two more weeks chaps

That's Archie McKellar with the dog (credited with the first enemy aircraft shot down on British soil). There's a similar photo taken prior to yours where Hector MacLean (right player) was down only 6 or 7 white pieces :)

Bearcat
11-25-2007, 04:05 AM
This community just blows my mind... between the whiners, the hackers, the thieves, the nay sayers and the clueless... it is a miracle and a testament to his love of the genre that Oleg just didn't take the prodigious talents of 1C and just toss them full tilt into a FPS for some console and say to h@ll with all this flight sim stuff with these complaining, never satisfied, always wanting more people. :?

Slap
11-25-2007, 07:40 AM
Two more weeks chaps

That's Archie McKellar with the dog (credited with the first enemy aircraft shot down on British soil). There's a similar photo taken prior to yours where Hector MacLean (right player) was down only 6 or 7 white pieces :)

Cheers Old_Canuck! Interesting stuff m8; looks like poor old Hector is taking a bit of a thrashing...:)

BTW,and since talking BOB etc, I've just finished re-reading Geoffrey Wellum's book "First Light"...Highly recommended.

S!app[/b]

partic
11-25-2007, 10:07 AM
with these complaining, never satisfied, always wanting more people.

I guess that's true. :cry:
I mean they are posting a dev shot every 18 months or so... I'm a bad person for always wanting more.
I'm a bad person, too, for loving Oleg's work so much that I actually want to hear what's going on at least once a year.
But that's me, never satisfied.

Chivas
11-25-2007, 12:36 PM
The developer says he's hard at work, has a good track record, and you imply its vaporware, hmmmm, yea it fits.

Slap
11-25-2007, 01:40 PM
So much pain and hurt here...Lets hug :D

Old_Canuck
11-26-2007, 05:40 AM
Two more weeks chaps

Cheers Old_Canuck! Interesting stuff m8; looks like poor old Hector is taking a bit of a thrashing...:)

BTW,and since talking BOB etc, I've just finished re-reading Geoffrey Wellum's book "First Light"...Highly recommended.

S!app[/b]

Thx for the good reading advice, Slap. Will look for this one. It should fill in a bit of time until SoW is finished. Here's one for you if you haven't already found it. "Spitfire into War" by Air Vice Marshall Sandy Johnstone.

BG-09
11-27-2007, 07:20 AM
Oleg, stop to work for a while and come here to enjoy the fine company of your real friends - our great comunity. Too much work is dangerous!

http://www.overtimecomedy.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/05/henson_tms_season_1.jpg

S!

BG-09

KOM.Nausicaa
11-27-2007, 03:07 PM
This community just blows my mind... between the whiners, the hackers, the thieves, the nay sayers and the clueless... it is a miracle and a testament to his love of the genre that Oleg just didn't take the prodigious talents of 1C and just toss them full tilt into a FPS for some console and say to h@ll with all this flight sim stuff with these complaining, never satisfied, always wanting more people. :?

Well said!