PDA

View Full Version : 4.14 Deleted JSGME

Tolwyn
04-05-2019, 07:55 PM
I'm sorry, did this patch seriously just delete a 3rd party application not affliated with 1C on my installation???

jsgme is now gone.

shelby
04-05-2019, 08:09 PM
Yes

Tolwyn
04-05-2019, 08:19 PM
The unauthorized removal of 3rd party software... blah blah blah.

(EDIT)
Tolwyn has his panties in a bunch. move along... bad day, bad day....

Nothing to see here....

shelby
04-05-2019, 08:23 PM
As you said it is not 1C or Ubisoft product

Tolwyn
04-05-2019, 08:26 PM
As you said it is not 1C or Ubisoft product

EDIT
Received clarification... panties still in a wad... it's getting better...

Tolwyn
04-05-2019, 08:28 PM
Still clenched... move along...

shelby
04-05-2019, 08:33 PM
Did the 1C authorize the product maker to do JSGME for use the content of il2? I do not think so....

Tolwyn
04-05-2019, 08:40 PM
Did the 1C authorize the product maker to do JSGME for use the content of il2? I do not think so....

JSGME is product AGNOSTIC... It was not written for FB. It was not written for anything at all. If I wrote a batch file that did this:

md .\backup
copy .\files.sfs .\backup
copy .\foobar\files.sfs .\

This is what JSGME does. It's nothing more.

Tolwyn
04-05-2019, 08:43 PM
Shelby in cross hairs of aforementioned bunched panties...

Tolwyn
04-05-2019, 09:07 PM
OMG. This patch actually seeks out and TARGETS other files.

I have a back up, since 20xx or whatever of rts.dll from a few versions ago, right?

This patch sought out and found it and DELETED it.

Wait for it... response forthcoming...

Tolwyn
04-05-2019, 09:19 PM
AND this patch has removed uninstallation EXE files that has NOTHING TO DO with the patch (Wings over Jungles, Wings over Waves... ANY EXE that has NOTHING to do with the patch has been removed).

HOLY CRAP

Sita
04-05-2019, 09:25 PM
at First i want to apologize for that situation ... there was no any wish and ideas to make any harm to users and their files...

some about half year of more we collect information from any versions of il2 ... Platina(1946) Gold collection, Steam version ... and those versions was installed from Forgotten Battles CD and all other Addons ...

1. we want to refresh all old files in Il2 dirrectory and make it simillar ...make it in single standard

and 2. second we try to findout which files are belong to game ... to make one standart for all users which will install 4.14 ...

according to our idea all that was made to make Anticheat system for the game..
in theory in il2 root folder must be only those files what you can get from CD or digital distribution from Steam or GOG ... 4.14 was made for default game... and supposed that it will be installed on 4.13.4 version ...

in text of readme indicated that it will be done in instalation process.

i argee that it is too hard way for make base for anticheat mechanism ... and at current moment we understand that would be much better make dialogue window with warning and cancel button to abort install in installation process ...

we sincerely apologize for that situation.

Tolwyn
04-05-2019, 09:41 PM
These aren't cheat programs.
They are uninstallation files, etc.
JSGME is not a cheat program. It's a copy/backup batch file program.

Daidalos has unilaterally wiped out files without user authorization that have nothing to do with altering code of the game; these are innocuous files. It's draconian and should be changed or at least tested and considered. Luckily I have a backup, but c'mon, you guys should have known better. From someone that has flown this thing since December 2001, by this point... I would have expected more consideration/carefulness.

Grr! ;) (grumble, bitch, moan, whine). I FEEL better knowing that it wasn't targeting JSGME, but... well.. any EXE and DLL (by the way, that is a seek and destroy CRC algorithm... um... borderline malware).

Bombsite table: gone.
JSGME: gone.
Wow and Woj uninstallation: gone.
I'm using WinMerge to fix all of this and create an installation that can be used by myself and my friends (this will make switching between 4.14 and 4.12/hsfx easier). And OBVIOUSLY can not impact any cheat issues that should be handled by packet-CRC and/or server hash handling.

Gah.

at First i want to apologize for that situation ... there was no any wish and ideas to make any harm to users and their files...

some about half year of more we collect information from any versions of il2 ... Platina(1946) Gold collection, Steam version ... and those versions was installed from Forgotten Battles CD and all other Addons ...

1. we want to refresh all old files in Il2 dirrectory and make it simillar ...make it in single standard

and 2. second we try to findout which files are belong to game ... to make one standart for all users which will install 4.14 ...

according to our idea all that was made to make Anticheat system for the game..
in theory in il2 root folder must be only those files what you can get from CD or digital distribution from Steam or GOG ... 4.14 was made for default game... and supposed that it will be installed on 4.13.4 version ...

in text of readme indicated that it will be done in instalation process.

i argee that it is too hard way for make base for anticheat mechanism ... and at current moment we understand that would be much better make dialogue window with warning and cancel button to abort install in installation process ...

we sincerely apologize for that situation.

Sita
04-05-2019, 10:01 PM
Luckily I have a backup

Thanks GoD!! really THANKS GOD that you have backup ... i'm sitting on chair now red like tomato

Tolwyn, please аccept my (speaking from me) and our (from team) apologies for that...

ofcourse was no aim to delete any yours file.. no aim at JSGME ... ofcourse it's not cheat ... we just try make some similar space in all installed version ..

once again really sorry for that situation ... we thought that we foresee all variants ...

and i must apologize before all other users... especially before you ... i've read you here on Banana last ...some about ten year... omg...

Sita
04-05-2019, 10:08 PM
you asked about replacment SFS fille .. we check all version of distributive il2 ... from CD from DVD from any packs... and find out some about three or four SFS with same name but different weight and content ... in some vrson was added some skins to sfs ,in some verson was some other changes... and it with all that variant system what was make won't work ...in some version sfs have 50mb volume in few next 580 mb... so all sfs which have difference from version to version was find and replaced to correct one for all

Tolwyn
04-05-2019, 10:08 PM
Oh I know I'm being a bit of a whinging little girl (no offense to girls), and I get it.
I was just surprised.
I'm calming down. Thanks for listening and responding.
And just throw me a glass of wine. I'll be okay.

:D

Thanks GoD!! really THANKS GOD that you have backup ... i'm sitting on chair now red like tomato

Tolwyn, please аccept my (speaking from me) and our (from team) apologies for that...

ofcourse was no aim to delete any yours file.. no aim at JSGME ... ofcourse it's not cheat ... we just try make some similar space in all installed version ..

once again really sorry for that situation ... we thought that we foresee all variants ...

and i must apologize before all other users... especially before you ... i've read you here on Banana last ...some about ten year... omg...

Tolwyn
04-05-2019, 10:11 PM
I've noticed this too. Most is a 1 hour offset from US Daylight savings time (1 hour difference) and the files are identical; in others, there are some differences which I find unique...

My installation is a true progression from at least FB+PF and then 1946, et al. It's actually interesting, and might be valuable to you guys if I posted it on Drive.

I've never had to have more than one installation. This is the first time (so far).

you asked about replacment SFS fille .. we check all version of distributive il2 ... from CD from DVD from any packs... and find out some about three or four SFS with same name but different weight and content ... in some vrson was added some skins to sfs ,in some verson was some other changes... and it with all that variant system what was make won't work ...in some version sfs have 50mb volume in few next 580 mb... so all sfs which have difference from version to version was find and replaced to correct one for all

Tolwyn
04-05-2019, 10:14 PM
Sorry for getting my panties in a bunch.
I do feel a little better now.

Sita
04-05-2019, 10:15 PM
I've never had to have more than one installation. This is the first time (so far).

professional deformation have bad influence on me...(( i have someabout 9 or 11 on workstation ... for any tests.. I do not always remember that not everyone has such bedlam on hdd

Sita
04-05-2019, 10:17 PM
Sorry for getting my panties in a bunch.
I do feel a little better now.

Thank you... you pointed out very important thing ...

damn... need more warnings ... with Big letter ...

dimlee
04-06-2019, 01:32 PM
This "Tolwyn accident" is a reminder about rules of safety. Back up or be sorry...

Actually, this game is very convenient in terms of installation. Make several of them, as many as your disk can sustain, each version you like, modded or stock.

Tolwyn
04-06-2019, 01:45 PM
The issue is you should never need multiple installations.
I've NEVER had multiple installations. I've been able to back-patch, forward-patch, and even activate mods with...

JSGME.

This is the first time I've ever needed 2 installations.
My main install is natural 4.13.x. With a couple clicks, I can be 4.09m, 4.10, 4.12m (for HSFX), and then activate HSFX with another click.

Usually IL2 installations can be backdated / retro-verted with a single click that moves literally 1-4 files.

This "Tolwyn accident" is a reminder about rules of safety. Back up or be sorry...

Actually, this game is very convenient in terms of installation. Make several of them, as many as your disk can sustain, each version you like, modded or stock.

Tolwyn
04-07-2019, 01:12 PM
Ok. Got it working like before.

My main install is 4.14.m and can retro-back to 4.13.x at one click (and then back to 4.12m/HSFX).

Nice (and grumble for all the hoops).

Treetop64
04-07-2019, 02:50 PM
Hard to endorse a product that not only removes user files without consent or notification, but also refuses to run anymore at all when DCG is used.

Absolutely one of the best ever third party add-ons to ever come around for this sim - one that doesn't actually modify anything except copy and paste the DGen executable as a backup - and 4.14 not only shuts it down, but shuts itself down as well.

I was about to install Mat Manager for 4.14, bit I think I'd better skip that now... :roll:

For all the great content 4.14 has, these gaffes make going back to 4.13 look that much more appealing. Sorry to sound so cynical, but c'mon...

hafu1939
04-08-2019, 09:54 PM
It is very pity to hear about that what here is called "Tolwyn accident". Do I understand it well, that the new version has an essential functionality undescribed in read-me?
“Some about half year of more we collect information from any versions of il2” and did not find ten minutes for description or just a little warning? Somebody was humbly silent about his work.
Could you at least now exactly describe your newest functionality, tell us, which files and which folders it affects?
Are there more surprises in the new 4.14 version? It was said here that this is a reminder about rules of safety. Yes, it was. Please, remember, how easy you could lose others confidence…
Sincerely
HaFu1939

Sita
04-08-2019, 10:32 PM
for us it's pitty too infact ...

when we worked on it, we not planning to make some harm to any 3rd party program.. all what we want do it's standardize files and from that base make secure mechanism ...
and ofcourse there was no any thought to special disable JSGME or DCG ... mat manager ... it's really was accidental .

i suppose no anymore surprizes
and for now we need make a list of desireble 3rd party programs ...to make it work as usual ...

and we agree that lines in read me about what will happend during instalation was better do like warning and not small ... big red

so for now better avoid 4.14 ... till hotfix for it...

for us it's even more unpleasent situation ... please excuse us for all that difficulties what we bring to users

Tolwyn
04-09-2019, 04:27 PM
IL2 4.14 Won't even start if JSGME.exe EXISTS in the folder.

Yeah, this is not acceptable.

Sita
04-09-2019, 05:31 PM
working on it...

it will be fixed... JSGME and support of other 3d party programms...

boogabooga
04-10-2019, 02:06 AM
IL2 4.14 Won't even start if JSGME.exe EXISTS in the folder.

Yeah, this is not acceptable.

I got around it by installing JSGME to a subfolder and creating a desktop shortcut during its installation. Right-click the shortcut, and edit the "start in" to be the IL-2 root directory.

Hopefully, you still have the contents of your MODS folder...

I agree that the current state of affairs is extremely disappointing....

Sita
04-10-2019, 07:48 AM

tottaly agree(( we working on it

Fhechene
04-10-2019, 08:08 PM
I got around it by installing JSGME to a subfolder and creating a desktop shortcut during its installation. Right-click the shortcut, and edit the "start in" to be the IL-2 root directory.

Hopefully, you still have the contents of your MODS folder...

This is a fix for exe files in the folder. Basically, we trick the game into thinking that there aren't more exe files than there actually are

http://www.mission4today.com/index.php?name=ForumsPro&file=viewtopic&t=24242

Ice_Eagle
04-10-2019, 08:20 PM
i suppose no anymore surprizes
and for now we need make a list of desireble 3rd party programs ...to make it work as usual ...

MAT MANAGER / IL-2 GRAPHICS EXTENDER / SWEETFX-RESHADE / CARSMASTER HD.DLL (even though you have the 24bit option) / JSGME for starters. I know you're familiar with these.
PLus these have nothing to do with anticheat online. My Microsoft Security Essentials would define 4.14 installer as malware. Why? Because the 414 installer didn't even ask for permission or to let you answer yes/no to remove programs from your hard drive. If NO, then inform the user that the game will not be updated & it's business as usual with 4.13.4. That IMO was total BS.

Storebror
04-11-2019, 05:39 AM
True that.
Add IL-2 Selector to the list and then, consequently, better get rid of the idea of checking executable files and libraries completely, because it's pointless and your "anti-cheating" mechanism isn't working either way. The "best" you get of it is locked-out users who didn't ever touch their plain vanilla game.
IL-2 Graphics Extender, SweetFx and IL-2 Selector are subjected to continuous change, therefore your attempt to check the contents of such files means that you forbid these relevant game enhancements, meaning that you'd attempt to make the customer experience worse.

This "anti cheat" thing is a laughing stock anyway - as long as side-loading DLLs is still an option (and you can't get rid of that), what's the point?
Take back that file check/prohibition thing, take your time to reconsider, and everyone will be happy.

Oh... and don't forget to take down the malware patch in the meantime.
Thanks.

Cheers!
Mike

idefix44
04-11-2019, 11:45 AM
+1