PDA

View Full Version : Strategic Bombing raids that ACTUALLY count

Patchman123
06-11-2018, 11:07 PM
Hey everyone, I was thinking about having Team Daidalos create an option where players can conduct strategic bombing against German, Italian, and Japanese targets in Europe and the Pacific, where the results of these raids, after repeated and constant attacks, cause the enemy to lose valuable tanks, artillery guns, supplies, etc. The bombings of these factories by the American 8th Air Force, (or 15th Air Force or whatever) will cause your enemies to lose vital resources that they can use to resupply their forces at the front line. How about having the strategic bombing raids affecting how many tanks are sent to the Russian front to fight the Soviet Union (Eastern Front, same place)?

I'm talking about making these raids actually count for something that you as players can be proud of, that you're making a difference in the war.

Treetop64
06-13-2018, 12:26 AM
You could try this:

Lowengrin's Dynamic Campaign Generator (http://forum.jg1.org/forum/8-lowengrins-dynamic-campaign-generators-dcg-for-il-2-cfs2/).

Fhechene
06-14-2018, 04:47 PM
Hey everyone, I was thinking about having Team Daidalos create an option where players can conduct strategic bombing against German, Italian, and Japanese targets in Europe and the Pacific, where the results of these raids, after repeated and constant attacks, cause the enemy to lose valuable tanks, artillery guns, supplies, etc. The bombings of these factories by the American 8th Air Force, (or 15th Air Force or whatever) will cause your enemies to lose vital resources that they can use to resupply their forces at the front line. How about having the strategic bombing raids affecting how many tanks are sent to the Russian front to fight the Soviet Union (Eastern Front, same place)?

I'm talking about making these raids actually count for something that you as players can be proud of, that you're making a difference in the war.

Like Treetop said, you could try Lowengrin's, BUT with some modifications. Put an allied airfield way outside the map you are playing and place some squadrons there. Make those squadrons airstart and then you are done. You'll have to adjust the Frontier markers and locations so that allied airfield doesn't get overrun by Axis forces.