PDA

View Full Version : Icon Detail in Coop (mp_dotrange)

Tolwyn
12-01-2017, 03:31 PM
Doesn't seem to be working correctly in 4.13.4.

If I am the server in a coop, and I type in the console:

mp_dotrange FRIENDLY COLOR 5.0 DOT 15 RANGE 5.0 TYPE 5.0 ID 5.0 NAME 5.0 ALTICON 3.0 ALTSYMBOL ยท ALTCOLOR 7
mp_dotrange FOE COLOR 5.0 DOT 15 RANGE 5.0 TYPE 5.0 ID 5.0 NAME 5.0 ALTICON 3.0 ALTSYMBOL + ALTCOLOR 5

I'm not seeing a change in ALTSYMBOL or its color.

Also, I have a question about the icon file in the ./user/<your pilot> folder.
What takes priority? The console or aliases in the RCU or this file?

Why the change?

wheelsup_cavu
12-30-2017, 07:18 PM
I thought in multiplayer games the server, be it another Player or Dedicated Server, dictated what icons were used in online Play and not each individual Player?

Wheels

Tolwyn
01-15-2018, 04:02 PM
Right. I'm the server.
And it still doesn't work.

wheelsup_cavu
03-16-2018, 04:46 AM
Sorry for misreading your original post. I am having my own issues with the tod command so I feel your frustration. Hope you are able to figure it out since now I too want to know why it isn't working.

Wheels

wheelsup_cavu
03-29-2018, 04:40 PM
Something that came to mind because of my tod command issue. Is the host machine making the changes and not the client or are all the machines ignoring the change?

With my tod console command script the host machine accepts the time change and does it but it is not transferring to the client machines. I am wondering if you are seeing a similar issue with your attempt to change the icons.

Wheels

Tolwyn
03-30-2018, 03:54 PM
The icon command change works just fine.
It's the ALTICON, ALTSYMBOL, and ALTCOLOR aren't being recognized (even for the server).

Something that came to mind because of my tod command issue. Is the host machine making the changes and not the client or are all the machines ignoring the change?

With my tod console command script the host machine accepts the time change and does it but it is not transferring to the client machines. I am wondering if you are seeing a similar issue with your attempt to change the icons.

Wheels

wheelsup_cavu
03-30-2018, 04:56 PM
When I read your original example it seems that you have things backwards? According to the v4.11 Guide the old style Icons need to have a smaller value in the "Type" value for new Icons for it to work.

Additional icon options (from the v4.11 guide.)
Three more options were added for mp_dotrange command: ALTICON, ALTCOLOR, ALTSYMBOL.
ALTICON sets the maximum distance when the icon will be shown.
ALTCOLOR sets the color of the icon.
ALTSYMBOL sets the one character symbol which will be shown as icon.
These settings only kick in when old style icons are not shown, i.e. when distance of COLOR, TYPE, NAME, ID and RANGE are smaller than the distance to the aircraft.

Example:
mp_dotrange FRIENDLY DOT 25.0 COLOR 0.1 RANGE 0.1 TYPE 1.0 ID 0.1 NAME 0.1 ALTICON 2.5 ALTSYMBOL + ALTCOLOR 3
This will display a symbol "+" above the aircraft between 1.0 and 2.5 km in color 3 (green).

In their example "Type" is 1.0 and ALTICON is 2.5. (Only numbers that match their example)
In your example "Type" is 5.0 and ALTICON is 3.0. Reverse the numbers and see if that works for you?

Edit:
I tested it on the 352nd dogfight server and found that everything except the DOT value needs to be smaller than the ALTICON value or the ALTICON symbol will not show. Once one of those values is triggered the ALTICON symbol disappears in favor of the other options.

Grab4894 shows three plus signs but grab4896 shows just two plus signs and the Range and Type ID for the other aircraft. In grab4896 the Range and Type ID's have taken precedence for the closest aircraft.

Wheels

Tolwyn
06-26-2018, 09:01 PM
You are correct and I get it now after re-reading the 4.11 readme.

When I read your original example it seems that you have things backwards? According to the v4.11 Guide the old style Icons need to have a smaller value in the "Type" value for new Icons for it to work.

wheelsup_cavu
07-30-2018, 06:54 PM
Cool, glad to hear it is working for you now. :cool:

Wheels