PDA

View Full Version : TD News

Verdun1916
06-08-2017, 04:59 PM
Hi!

Any official news of what you guys are up to and planning for the future?

We know you have the amazing Channel map in the making and that it will come with a few befitting aircraft. We now there are ongoing work on other aircraft aswell.

But what else are you guys up to? :)

Thanks for your effort! It is appreciated!!!

Sita
06-08-2017, 06:55 PM
For now no any official news ... we slowly working forward ...

in nearest plans we have two bomber plane which now in focus ... one of them is Greif He177 ... very interesting and Big Bird! ... hope you gonna like it when it will be finished...

Verdun1916
06-08-2017, 07:41 PM

in nearest plans we have two bomber plane which now in focus ... one of them is Greif He177 ... very interesting and Big Bird! ... hope you gonna like it when it will be finished...

Thanks, Sita!

Well the Greif He-177 is a plane I will love to fly! I'm looking forward to it! :D

dimlee
06-09-2017, 11:00 PM
Thanks for heads up about flyable He 177.

Slowly working forward...
"though the mills of God grind slowly, yet they grind exceeding small"
(H.W.Longfellow)
:grin:

shelby
07-03-2017, 08:31 PM
it is still wip but i like to fly the mbr-2
www.youtube.com/watch?v=SAuhKNxajRE

Sita
07-03-2017, 09:18 PM
Thanks Shelby, for the head's up) ..

and once again sorry for lo FPS ... it's not really official updates..

i just like how flying boat feels on the waves)..

76.IAP-Blackbird
07-05-2017, 09:08 AM
Interesting video and good news for the greif! :grin:

wheelsup_cavu
07-05-2017, 10:35 PM

Any thoughts on enabling "Chocks" to keep the amphibious flyables from moving around after you land on the water. They did moor them and have anchors to keep them relatively stationary but in game you just keep floating around.

Wheels

Verdun1916
07-06-2017, 03:55 PM
That MBR-2 looks like it will be a sweet addition to the stock game! :)

dimlee
07-06-2017, 11:20 PM
Any thoughts on enabling "Chocks" to keep the amphibious flyables from moving around after you land on the water. They did moor them and have anchors to keep them relatively stationary but in game you just keep floating around.

Wheels

Valid suggestion, indeed. I just afraid that existing "chocks" is not helpful. You still float around yet within limited radius when you are anchored or fasten to mooring buoy.

wheelsup_cavu
08-29-2017, 10:34 PM
Valid suggestion, indeed. I just afraid that existing "chocks" is not helpful. You still float around yet within limited radius when you are anchored or fasten to mooring buoy.

I agree with you that it is not a "perfect" solution but it would keep you from floating into another aircraft and exploding or damaging your aircraft.

Wheels

dimlee
08-30-2017, 08:59 AM
Sorry, I just realised that my post was not clear. Any object floats around in real life while anchored or fasten to a buoy. How much - depends on the length of the cable and on current/wind conditions.

KG26_Alpha
08-30-2017, 04:51 PM
Sorry, I just realised that my post was not clear. Any object floats around in real life while anchored or fasten to a buoy. How much - depends on the length of the cable and on current/wind conditions.

The problem in IL21946 world is that any contact with objects is seen as a collision.

Allowing float planes to "chock in" would be the preferred solution, at the moment they can be "beached" on certain coastline tiles,
but if taxied into an area of piers jetty's etc they will explode after floating around unanchored/tied into the scenery/objects.

Pursuivant
09-01-2017, 06:58 AM
Allowing float planes to "chock in" would be the preferred solution, at the moment they can be "beached" on certain coastline tiles, but if taxied into an area of piers jetty's etc they will explode after floating around unanchored/tied into the scenery/objects.

Perhaps the better solution is to rework damaged/destroyed effects for all collisions based on relative speed of collision and (relative) mass of the objects involved.

Currently, it is possible to harmlessly "flip" V-1 rockets if you match speeds. Why couldn't something similar work for low speed collisions with other objects?

For example, if you taxi past a truck and clip it with your wingtip, your wingtip should break off or show damage based on the speed of collision and the combined mass of your aircraft and the truck.

Or, if you clip a telephone wire with your wing while strafing in your P-47, you get serious wing damage, not explode.

For seaplanes, however, battering by waves against even a relatively light object like a floating dock can eventually cause serious damage - especially to the floats. In such cases, the proper "destruction mode" would be for the plane to gradually sink into the water.

Treetop64
09-05-2017, 09:19 PM
Perhaps the better solution is to rework damaged/destroyed effects for all collisions based on relative speed of collision and (relative) mass of the objects involved.

Well, yeah. No offense, but this is an obvious thing to say.

Very easy to talk about what needs to be done. Entirely different matter to know specifically what to do to actually make it work, and without breaking something else in the process. Especially when digging in modifying someone else's existing framework.

Verdun1916
09-24-2017, 11:12 PM
Any news on plans regarding the next update and regarding your other work? :)

Storebror
09-28-2017, 04:55 PM
I hear a distant "it's done when it's done" coming closer... http://www.sherv.net/cm/emoticons/office/paper-work-smiley-emoticon.gif (http://www.sherv.net/)

Sita
09-28-2017, 05:35 PM
a lot of work ... lot of work ...))

Verdun1916
01-25-2018, 01:57 PM
I was a while since there were any news on what you TD guys are up to! :)
I'm guessing you are busy working on future updates wich I for one, and probably most other IL2 1946-players appreciate a great deal. :grin:

But...are there any news you are willing to share with us? Me and many others I'm sure off are very curious of what you are up to? ;)

KG26_Alpha
01-25-2018, 04:52 PM
I was a while since there were any news on what you TD guys are up to! :)
I'm guessing you are busy working on future updates wich I for one, and probably most other IL2 1946-players appreciate a great deal. :grin:

But...are there any news you are willing to share with us? Me and many others I'm sure off are very curious of what you are up to? ;)

Working off the Christmas feastings.

dimlee
01-25-2018, 06:10 PM
Working off the Christmas feastings.

And now Chinese New Year approaching...
;)

Ice_Eagle
02-16-2018, 09:24 PM
I hear a distant "it's done when it's done" coming closer...
Always the the bright ray of sunshine eh. :roll:

Verdun1916
03-08-2018, 06:49 PM
It would be nice with some kind of news on the next update. I know it's done when it's done. But it would be interesting to see what that "it's" is. ;)

shelby
03-08-2018, 07:09 PM
It would be nice with some kind of news on the next update. I know it's done when it's done. But it would be interesting to see what that "it's" is. ;)Work in progress :)

dimlee
03-08-2018, 07:20 PM
Work in progress :)

Two weeks. :-P

shelby
03-08-2018, 07:46 PM
Two weeks. :-Pfor this? sure :P
https://img-fotki.yandex.ru/get/912395/107711741.10/0_17668a_f6f965e0_XXL.jpg