PDA

View Full Version : So did it really roll back to 4.12.2?

Flyby
03-19-2017, 09:32 PM
Before I knew HSFX was not compatible with 4.13.xx I installed that patch. Then i found out, and decided to try reinstalling 4.12.2 All seemed fine until I tried to join AOP on Hyperlobby with only sues 4.12.2. I got a messaging saying AOP was using a different version. Will I have to start from 4.7?
thanks Flyby out

Marabekm
03-19-2017, 10:24 PM
Did you double check your JSGME and make sure you had both HSFX and Expert mods selected and on? Or it might just use HSFX and not history. So if you have them both on, and it doesn't work then turn off expert mode and try.

Flyby
03-19-2017, 11:49 PM
hi Marabekm,
To answer your question; yes both mods were activated in jsgme. I'll try your suggestion and see if I can get into AOP or AOE without the Expert mod. Out of curiosity I deactivated both mods, activated the 4.12 mod, and started the sim. Once in, I checked the plane selection in the quick mission builder, looking at the Spitfire offerings., The I reverted back to the HSFX and Expert mods and again checked the Spitfire offerings. I noticed that the Spit xiv was offered in the HSFX version, but not in the 4.12 version. So it appears I did roll back from 4.13.
I will try your suggestion and see what happens. it's been a long time since I fired up the old Great one.
thank you for your reply,
Flyby out

Flyby
03-20-2017, 12:11 PM
Well....OK. Here's what happened. I still got the error message and AOP and AOE (on Hyperlobby) are running a different version fo the sim, with 4.12.2m in parenthesis. At startup, my game shows 4.12.2m HSFX7.03 too. So I will assume that my roll-back (by installing 4.12.2m over 4.13) was a failure. I'll have to delete the folder and try again, unless there is some useful tip I've yet to discover.. ;)
Flyby out