PDA

View Full Version : When is next king bounty ??

jake21
04-07-2016, 10:36 AM
Any news on any king bounty (or king bounty 2) after darkside ?

DanTheBanjoman
04-11-2016, 10:31 AM
I've been checking if the new site has launched and hopefully some announcement (why would they make a new site for a game they don't support?) for like half a year now.

It would be nice if the existence of fans of the series would be acknowledged by the makers.

AndreiTz
04-15-2016, 02:44 PM
I've been checking if the new site has launched and hopefully some announcement (why would they make a new site for a game they don't support?) for like half a year now.

It would be nice if the existence of fans of the series would be acknowledged by the makers.

I visit the KBs official site AT LEAST once a day - since September or so - and all I get is the same Armored Princess wallpaper. Literally every day, I have it on my bookmarks.
The only reason for the delay that kinda makes sense is that they want to announce a new game/expansion along with the new site and the latter is taking longer to develop than they initially estimated.
But, yeah, I agree with you. I would really like to know if I should keep my hopes up for a new KB! Or maybe they gave up completely so there will be no more games, therefore no need for a new site.

AndreiTz
05-05-2016, 03:56 PM
I wrote a message here like 2 weeks ago but it got deleted. What I was saying is that I too visit the website daily for more that 6 months now, and I would really apreciate any kind of news.

jake21
05-05-2016, 11:00 PM
Your post from april 15 is still here; it is right above this one in the same thread.... would be nice to get more info on new game.

I wrote a message here like 2 weeks ago but it got deleted. What I was saying is that I too visit the website daily for more that 6 months now, and I would really apreciate any kind of news.

Darkeonz
05-12-2016, 10:56 AM
I would love a new King's Bounty. I wish there was any kind of news about it. I really think they would have to do a king's bounty 2 next probalby. It would take time to develop. I wonder if there's even any from the company checking these boards. Since there's no reply, I guess not :(

wolfing
04-10-2017, 03:02 PM
A year from the OP post and still nothing, or did I miss an announcement?

Zhuangzi
04-30-2017, 06:29 AM
Likewise, I've been waiting for a new KB for years now...

Gothric
05-01-2017, 01:32 PM
Same here, waiting for ages for the next KB... playing the WOTN with ice and fire again to make the waiting more bearable.

krc6311
05-04-2017, 02:34 PM
Agreed, I wish the devs would at least comment as to whether another one is in the process or not

celestine900
05-10-2017, 05:53 PM
Yes definitely! I want a something like back in TL and AP to come out! There is such incredible potential in this franchise and I want to help make it succeed

Darkeonz
05-11-2017, 10:39 AM
I would love if there was just an indication whether or not they are working on it. Because you know they might be totally done with the series? Who knows. They might just have put it on the shelf permanently, and then it is kind of sad to go hope for a new game.

Jack654
05-30-2017, 09:52 AM
Maybe they're actually fixing bugs for the next one, that's why it takes so long

DanTheBanjoman
06-07-2017, 09:22 PM
Omg, new site under construction!

http://www.kingsbountygame.com/

Oh wait, it's the same site I've been looking at over a year ago. It would indeed be nice if either 1C or Katauri would at least say if a new Kings Bounty is coming at all. Anything past that would be a plus.

dereck_rickit
07-17-2017, 06:13 PM
the crappy Facebook version King's Bounty: Legions probably holds the license

Steam (which isn't actually a primary mode of play) shows 100k players with less than 1k in last 2 weeks.

afaik, most log in to Legions through Facebook or Google account though.

Compare that to King's Bounty: Dark Side stats 70k players with 2.5k recently but Steam is primary way most people got the game as GOG was late to the party.

from what I've read about Legions, I hate everything about it - but it doesn't look like it will be letting go of the license anytime soon if they still got thousands of active players.

lostkiwi
07-19-2017, 03:47 AM
I too would absolutely love a new Kings Bounty game. I check these boards perhaps once every 3 months hoping for a new announcement.

Alistair80
09-20-2017, 06:43 PM
Website "under constructions" exist for several years. This is ridiculous. I may be wrong but I don't like it. I can wait for a new game but I want a new website. "Very soon" - very funny.

jake21
09-20-2017, 06:54 PM
Well truth be said we don't know that there will be a new one :(

Darkeonz
11-01-2017, 11:35 PM
I just wrote an email to every contact I found on the C1 contact page. I hope to get some answer. Time will tell :)

jake21
11-02-2017, 07:12 AM
Please update thread if you hear back. There used to be a fellow that would reply to threads like this (and steam) but haven't seen a post from him in a few years.

Darkeonz
11-02-2017, 09:07 AM
Hello Andreas,

Thank you for contacting us. In the future you can just send your email directly to me or to pr@1cpublishing.eu.

Kings Bounty series is certainly not dead! We have huge plans for the series but unfortunately we cannot share with you any info or details. Only thing I can say that something is coming and it will make you hopefully very very happy.

Also I don’t believe that great games can ever day (I assume he ment die) if they are properly handled.

Have a great day and if you have any futher questions please let me know 😊

Best regards,

Dan

So this is great news!!! Means it's not dead :-D

King's Hunty
11-03-2017, 01:49 PM
Stimulating

celestine900
11-03-2017, 10:52 PM
Aww that is so encouraging, I really do hope that they carry through and make a successor to TL/AP/CW. This series has a solid foundation, dedicated fans, and even more potential

DanTheBanjoman
11-10-2017, 07:47 AM
Hello Andreas,

Thank you for contacting us. In the future you can just send your email directly to me or to pr@1cpublishing.eu.

Kings Bounty series is certainly not dead! We have huge plans for the series but unfortunately we cannot share with you any info or details. Only thing I can say that something is coming and it will make you hopefully very very happy.

Also I don’t believe that great games can ever day (I assume he ment die) if they are properly handled.

Have a great day and if you have any futher questions please let me know 😊

Best regards,

Dan

So this is great news!!! Means it's not dead :-D

The site has been suggesting something is coming for over 2 years now. No updates, news or whatever since. So what does "something is coming" actually mean? Will it take another 2 years?

They're not "properly handling" the franchise right now, so I'm skeptical.

That being said, they can indeed make me very very happy by giving me more kb.

jake21
11-10-2017, 02:31 PM
Well it can take 3 or 4 years to develop a quality game :)

I doubt they have been working on it that long; after all the last king bounty was release 3 years ago.

The site has been suggesting something is coming for over 2 years now. No updates, news or whatever since. So what does "something is coming" actually mean? Will it take another 2 years?

They're not "properly handling" the franchise right now, so I'm skeptical.

That being said, they can indeed make me very very happy by giving me more kb.

Zhuangzi
11-11-2017, 08:57 AM
I've just been playing Crossworlds again after not touching it for years. WoTN was a disappointment and Dark Side was okay, but for me the series hit its peak with Crossworlds. I'm still hoping for a new KB some day :)

Darkeonz
11-11-2017, 04:04 PM
I've just been playing Crossworlds again after not touching it for years. WoTN was a disappointment and Dark Side was okay, but for me the series hit its peak with Crossworlds. I'm still hoping for a new KB some day :)

WoTN was really bad. I agree dark side was okay. The biggest problem with Dark Side was that it seemed bugged and unfinished. So many semi bugged quests. A lot of the time it wasn't obvious at all what was supposed to be done.

BB Shockwave
11-24-2017, 06:56 AM

Anything after Crossworlds is a disappointment. A new team developed them, and it shows, not just from the bugs they left in but the design of the maps and the uninspired story too.
I really hope we get a KB2 someday, but so far it does not seem so. Even Katauri's KB page has been dead for years.

jake21
11-27-2017, 10:48 PM
I thought dark side was decent but a bit too long. The crash to desktop easy to reproduce bugs (time-back with orc shield up from orc shield down) and last hero are annoying (esp since they are trivial to reproduce). Also the balance at the very beginning making it very hard to play on impossible (even though the rest of the game is easy on impossible) is annoying.

Anything after Crossworlds is a disappointment. A new team developed them, and it shows, not just from the bugs they left in but the design of the maps and the uninspired story too.
I really hope we get a KB2 someday, but so far it does not seem so. Even Katauri's KB page has been dead for years.

Zhuangzi
12-23-2017, 03:00 PM
I've been playing KB games solid for two months after years without touching them. My ranking for the whole series goes like this:

1. Armored Princess/Crossworlds - the best KB, not too long, lots of possibilities for different playstyles.

2. The Legend - excellent story and attention to detail, but Holy Christ it is looooong. I'm not sure if no-losses can be done easily, but I've never achieved it on TL and yet have done it several times on CW and DS.

3. Dark Side - a lot of labour saving things that I am really missing in The Legend, e.g. TELEPORTING BETWEEN LOCATIONS and HAVING TROOPS AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE CENTRALLY. Can't tell you how much time I wasted on this replaying The Legend recently.

4. Warriors of the North. I never actually finished the game a second time after the Ice and Fire DLC came out. I fired it up recently and I have a save at about level 32, which I fully intended to finish, but what's up with the really long load times? I had to give up. Plus I recall WoTN being a boring grind the first time.

New King's Bounty game please!

vegan42
12-25-2017, 12:38 AM
2018 will be 10 years since the release of KB-L so i am hopeful there will be an announcement for the next KB game.

gooler
03-14-2018, 02:18 PM
https://www.gamewatcher.com/news/2018-12-03-1c-company-to-announce-3-games-at-pax-new-king-s-bounty-game-coming It's coming!

krc6311
03-16-2018, 12:17 AM
[QUOTE=gooler;717418]https://www.gamewatcher.com/news/2018-12-03-1c-company-to-announce-3-games-at-pax-new-king-s-bounty-game-coming It's coming![/QUOT

Dude you just made my week

J.B.
03-17-2018, 11:42 AM
I really would love to see a new KB-Title, but I'm not sure, if this will happen in 2018.

I found the following News regarding the new 1C-Titles to be presented at PAX (APR2018):

https://www.dsogaming.com/news/1c-company-reveals-pax-south-2018-lineup-two-strategy-games-one-strategy-rpg-hybrid-a-puzzler/

None of the titles Looks like KB, but I Keep my fingers crossed, that we will see something new from the KB-Universe.

BR

J.B.

vegan42
03-17-2018, 03:00 PM
I really would love to see a new KB-Title, but I'm not sure, if this will happen in 2018.

I found the following News regarding the new 1C-Titles to be presented at PAX (APR2018):

https://www.dsogaming.com/news/1c-company-reveals-pax-south-2018-lineup-two-strategy-games-one-strategy-rpg-hybrid-a-puzzler/

None of the titles Looks like KB, but I Keep my fingers crossed, that we will see something new from the KB-Universe.

BR

J.B.

these were announced at Pax South in January. the 3 new games referenced in the new article are for PAX East in April and will be announced then. it is almost assured that the hand drawn strategy RPG is the next Kings Bounty game. lets just hope that it's an all new platform and not just another re-hash as the past few have been.

Darkeonz
03-19-2018, 11:49 AM
these were announced at Pax South in January. the 3 new games referenced in the new article are for PAX East in April and will be announced then. it is almost assured that the hand drawn strategy RPG is the next Kings Bounty game. lets just hope that it's an all new platform and not just another re-hash as the past few have been.

Hand drawn though? I am thinking of some artsy kind of game. Like Darkest Dungeon looked handdrawn.

I am not thinking of KB. Maybe I am misunderstanding what they mean by hand drawn :)

Alistair80
03-21-2018, 05:37 PM
I don't think "a unique, hand-drawn strategy RPG game" will be King's Bounty. First word "unique". We have KB: The Legend, Armored Princess, Warriors of the North and Dark Side. So, new game King's Bounty will not be "unique". And second - is King's Bounty "hand-drawn"? In my opinion - no. But hope dies last.

Darkeonz
04-08-2018, 10:50 PM
I am guessing none of the new games are King's bounty. I googled for reviews of PAX East 2018. And seems like they mention all kinds of other games from c1. No king's bounty

jake21
04-08-2018, 10:56 PM
Correct - none of the announced games were king bounty. Disappointed myself.

I am guessing none of the new games are King's bounty. I googled for reviews of PAX East 2018. And seems like they mention all kinds of other games from c1. No king's bounty

Axeslammer
04-10-2018, 04:41 PM
Count me in for dissapointed too :(

Darkeonz
05-29-2018, 02:51 PM
I wrote another email to a guy from c1, asking about a new king's bounty. He responded with this.

"
Hi Andreas,

Well as mentioned previously I cannot share with you anything but I can tease a bit. Lets just say that you may hear more about it sooner than expected… 😉"

That can mean anything though. There's really no info here. But it does indicate that something is coming. Sooner than expected all depends on when I expect to hear something ;).

jake21
05-29-2018, 06:01 PM
Well E3 is the next big game conference but I'm not sure 1c presents at E3. What's the next one in Europe ?

I wrote another email to a guy from c1, asking about a new king's bounty. He responded with this.

"
Hi Andreas,

Well as mentioned previously I cannot share with you anything but I can tease a bit. Lets just say that you may hear more about it sooner than expected… 😉"

That can mean anything though. There's really no info here. But it does indicate that something is coming. Sooner than expected all depends on when I expect to hear something ;).

krc6311
06-12-2018, 06:39 AM

"
Hi Andreas,

email them back and say if they give us more info, that krc6311 will offer his luscious body to the creators. They will either fork over all the information, or they will stop making the game entirely out of fear that this may happen

Alistair80
06-20-2018, 04:11 PM
"sooner than expected" - hahaha, in 3 years or more. They can't make a website for several years.

Darkeonz
07-21-2018, 01:19 AM
"sooner than expected" - hahaha, in 3 years or more. They can't make a website for several years.

Perhaps I just gotta make them keep their word. I will now expect the game to be out in 6 months. That way it has to be sooner than 6 months. Wohooo!

Xev
07-28-2018, 01:54 PM
Next King's Bounty will come soon ...

Alistair80
07-28-2018, 02:42 PM
anything else? Any info? or just talking? I will believe when I see.

Alistair80
09-09-2018, 05:05 PM
And so, when will new King's Bounty be? I only see information about another games, nothing about new KB.

Tonbo
09-16-2018, 12:12 AM
Just dropped in here to say I really hope they will announce a new game soon.

I absolutely love the game series, especially the legend and armored princess/crossroads <3

Xev
09-18-2018, 07:01 AM
And so, when will new King's Bounty be? I only see information about another games, nothing about new KB.
Give it 1-2 months

Darkeonz
09-25-2018, 05:07 PM
Give it 1-2 months

I hope you're right. With all due respect though. Is this some information you're certain off or just a hunch?

matek24
09-28-2018, 03:47 PM
Hello
on 4 speptember 1C Entertainment filed the prospectus with the Polish Financial Supervision Authority and we can read in Game production part
"The ongoing projects include both video games that are the continuations of the existing series (Men of War and King's Bounty) as well as the new Free-to-Play MMO initiative."(via google translator).

mamkerink
11-11-2018, 10:12 AM
Any news?

Darkeonz
11-25-2018, 12:42 PM
Well. I contacted someone at C1 who has previously hinted that a game was being made and that we would hear about it soon. Well that's 6 months ago. So I asked again and just got this reply.

"Trust me when I tell you that if we could share something with you (the public in general) you would know 😊 So the situation is still the same I am afraid."

So no info. I still believe they are making a game based on previous hint though. Also because I believe the sales of king's bounty has been really good. I Just wish they would announce it soon.

DanTheBanjoman
11-26-2018, 10:21 AM
And the website is still under construction, impressive.

Kingsbounty.com is for sale btw. If you want to start your own kb site you'll have a better domain than 1c has :)

BB Shockwave
11-26-2018, 11:47 PM

Too true. I keep checking every few months and see nothing changed...
I love the series' first two (well, 2 and a half, including Crossroads) games, but they dropped in quality fast after that sadly when they replaced the team making it. Not sure what Katauri is even doing these days, I think Royal Quest died a few years ago so they don't even have the excuse of working on that MMO.

Darkeonz
12-16-2018, 07:36 PM
Too true. I keep checking every few months and see nothing changed...
I love the series' first two (well, 2 and a half, including Crossroads) games, but they dropped in quality fast after that sadly when they replaced the team making it. Not sure what Katauri is even doing these days, I think Royal Quest died a few years ago so they don't even have the excuse of working on that MMO.

The quality definitely dropped. Many of the newer expansions feels so flawed. Almost as if it is just mods, rather than actual expansions. Lots of errors and bugs. Not nearly as polished as Legend and Crossworlds.

I do hope they are working on a new one. Didn't know they replaced the team. That's too bad :(

Sirlancelot
01-24-2019, 11:37 AM
Well. I contacted someone at C1 who has previously hinted that a game was being made and that we would hear about it soon. Well that's 6 months ago. So I asked again and just got this reply.

"Trust me when I tell you that if we could share something with you (the public in general) you would know 😊 So the situation is still the same I am afraid."

So no info. I still believe they are making a game based on previous hint though. Also because I believe the sales of king's bounty has been really good. I Just wish they would announce it soon.

Well, that's sounds promising!

Point out the importance of an improved AI, please. :) Really. Please. That area needs much more care, attention and fine tuning. In fact I would gladly replay and rebought any of the already existing games with "just" that.

Alistair80
01-24-2019, 07:09 PM
I will believe when I see. Two months have passed and nothing. On the main page we get information about new games from 1C Company but nothing new about The King's Bounty. That's why I'm still waiting. With hope and doubts.

Erkilmarl
02-15-2019, 02:55 PM
Please make it shorter than WoTN. The game could half of the length of WoTN, and if it were good, I would gladly buy the other half as a sequel.

Sirlancelot
03-02-2019, 02:14 AM
Improved AI.
Improved balance.

Allow to sell troops.
Allow to buy troops from distant lands, without actually need to go there. Use your imagination.
Castles under siege which leads to fights where you have to use your garrisoned units.

J.B.
03-02-2019, 03:09 PM
Looks interesting! Wishes or teasing facts? :)

BR

J.B.

Sirlancelot
03-03-2019, 12:33 AM
Looks interesting! Wishes or teasing facts? :)

BR

J.B.

Wishes.

J.B.
03-03-2019, 04:23 PM
Wishes.

Then we're two! :cool:

BR

J.B.

raknefne
03-04-2019, 10:46 AM
Until then you could try my new KB campaign THE TRENT WAR: http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=230196

Sirlancelot
03-04-2019, 12:53 PM
Then we're two! :cool:

BR

J.B.

Hope we'll be three soon! :-P

And meanwhile yes, try out The Trent War, as per raknefne recommendation. It's a shorter campaign than the AP original one, but very carefully made and with a lovely level design which puts attention to the detail and rewards exploration and new tactics. And important, is very easily customizable.

We're trying to balance it out conscientiously, but a new voice would come in handy.

Now I'm playing and testing it myself as a paladin on Hard (which is supposed to be simmilar to vanilla Impossible in challenge terms) and really enjoying the experience.

mamkerink
05-17-2019, 01:46 PM
still no info? :(

Sirlancelot
05-21-2019, 09:39 AM
still no info? :(

Not yet, it seems. Patience. :cool:

vegan42
06-17-2019, 09:17 PM
i hope there is some real news about a KB sequel sometime soon too but a new HOMM/KB type game was just announced at E3:

https://www.songsofconquest.com/

Sirlancelot
06-27-2019, 11:50 AM
i hope there is some real news about a KB sequel sometime soon too but a new HOMM/KB type game was just announced at E3:

https://www.songsofconquest.com/

That's a 4X game (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/4X), not a new KB alike iteration. They are different genres. With some similarities, but different nonetheless.

mamkerink
08-14-2019, 05:18 PM
Finally! kingsbounty2.com

jake21
08-14-2019, 05:53 PM
Yes someone pointed it out to me earlier today. Quite shocking how little notification given the strong demand for the game. It looks really really interesting from the screenshots on steam (there is a steam entry):

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1135300/Kings_Bounty_II/

Finally! kingsbounty2.com