PDA

View Full Version : Darkside - Vampire Archmage skill

Metathron
02-02-2016, 11:55 PM
Does anyone know how the vampire's archmage skill works? It says it gives you +1 intellect and mana for every magic skill you have, starting at level 10. However, when I finally get enough runes and pick the skill, I only get a measly +1 intellect increase (and some mana, but I was hoping for the intellect). Am I misunderstanding the description?

Metathron
02-03-2016, 11:10 PM
Well, in the meantime I got the higher magic 1 and transmutation 1 skills and my intellect is still sitting pretty at 24 (just where it was when I got the Archmage skill). How very disappointing.

Hello? Anyone still alive in these deserted halls? Headless skeleton? ;)

J.B.
02-04-2016, 06:39 AM
Well, in the meantime I got the higher magic 1 and transmutation 1 skills and my intellect is still sitting pretty at 24 (just where it was when I got the Archmage skill). How very disappointing.

Hello? Anyone still alive in these deserted halls? Headless skeleton? ;)

Maybe a translation error and Magic skill means Order, Distortion & Chaos Magic including each of their Levels (1 to 3)?

The general problem in DS is, that there are a lot of translation errors regarding the russian version. It might be a good idea to contact the User Sneaksie on Steam (DS-Discussion). He is one of the "officials". :)

BR

J.B.

Metathron
02-04-2016, 07:59 PM
Thanks, J.B. I don't think that's it, as I had Order 1, Distortion 1 and Chaos 3 when I got the Archmage skill and I only got 1 intellect and 1 mana. Hasn't increased at all, after subsequent skill picks.

I only found one other topic about this but which doesn't answer my problem:
http://steamcommunity.com/app/289520/discussions/0/494632768628398306/

J.B.
02-05-2016, 06:44 AM
Thanks, J.B. I don't think that's it, as I had Order 1, Distortion 1 and Chaos 3 when I got the Archmage skill and I only got 1 intellect and 1 mana. Hasn't increased at all, after subsequent skill picks.

I only found one other topic about this but which doesn't answer my problem:
http://steamcommunity.com/app/289520/discussions/0/494632768628398306/

The answer in this thread is really confusing. Or could it mean the skill does only count from the eleventh Magic Skill (incl. leveling of skills) on? I would try to contact Sneaksie, because he takes care of the game although the Support has been stopped for a Long time now. At least he has added the fixes for "Military Department"- and "Sabotage Press"-Quests on steam! :)

BR

J.B.