PDA

View Full Version : Is there going to be a patch for ToW 3:Korea?/New content suggestions

AVL
05-17-2011, 01:07 AM
Can anyone from 1C give us information on whether a patch is being worked on for this game? Adding a Chinese PLA/PVA infantryman unit (limited to one model type equipped with a rifle or submachine gun) for use in the campaign and in the scenario editor would be a great addition and add to the authenticity of the game. I really hope the bugs in this game get fixed, many of the reviews I have read were not favorable. There is only one other fairly recent Korean war RTS/RTT which is Korea: Forgotten Conflict (made in 2003) and reviews for that were generally bad. This is a groundbreaking game in the RTS/RTT genre because of the subject matter, but very likely there will not be another RTS/RTT about this again in the near future so please take the effort to at least fix the bugs and add a Chinese infantry unit in if possible. I think this would redeem the game somewhat and get more people interested in playing it. Also, creating an expansion that includes ROK forces might be welcomed once the bugs are resolved.

Sneaksie
05-17-2011, 09:05 AM
Yes, patch is in the works, but i doubt it will bring new content.

AVL
05-17-2011, 11:52 PM
Thanks for responding, good to know there will be a patch. I'll just have to try to mod a soviet infantry skin to make it look Chinese. ;)

AVL
07-24-2011, 05:10 PM
Has work on a patch for this game been discontinued? Will ToW 3 be the last game of this series?

tk471138
08-02-2011, 12:05 AM
good question, i recently got this game after just hearing about it for the first time a few weeks ago, on simHQ...it seems to be a cool game so far, definitely got alot going for it...

hedley
08-07-2011, 02:11 PM
With regards to patches - is there anything due in the (near) future?
I haven't found a changelog in my install either...

Scipione
09-06-2011, 04:49 PM
A splendid idea gone down the toilet:
The strategic system in Tow 3 Korea boils down to choose where to attack. I've played 10 turns out of 30 (it seems) and fought over 20 battles, but never could I decide to order more troop, new material o reinforcemente. You have to stuck with what you're given in the beginning, three corps, each one with vehicles and reserves fixed. Even the additional support is kind of a joke: you can choose two (fighter, artillery, mortars or bombers), but the support appear late in the battle whene you are already winning and don't need them (because you need winning point to order support). Cm'on! Artillery and bombers are used prior to the battle, non in the end.
For the rest Tow 3 Korea is identical to Kursk or Africa, same goods, same bads: same stupid behavior of tanks and infantry, same overpowered anti-tank guns (able to destroy a tank with a single shot, as soon as it appears in the line of sight miles away, and even able to hit a single prone soldier a mile away just in the middle of his eyes). The only difference is in the maps and sometimes you play on the same map even when you change province (did they have shortage of designers?) But overall, if you like the Tow series (which, more ore less I do, believe me) is not bad.