PDA

View Full Version : Fantom vehicles

BB-Rayner
08-07-2015, 07:32 PM
Guys,
I recently built a mission that had several vehicles driving around the airfield aprons. It seemed like a good idea but I discovered that squad members kept crashing into them.

To avoid all the cries of anguish and blue language I deleted all the vehicles and their way points and resaved the mission.

HOWEVER When we now fly the mission I, as the mission host, do not see an vehicles but other pilots still call out in panic screaming "watch out for the truck coming in from the right". One guy even blew up when he hit a fantom vehicle.

What's causing this?

wheelsup_cavu
08-09-2016, 05:28 PM
Have them delete the contents of their cache files.

Default locations for the cache folder.
(32 bit systems): C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\IL-2 Sturmovik 1946\Missions\Net\cache
(64 bit systems): C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\IL-2 Sturmovik 1946\Missions\Net\cache
That folder stores the mission locally, the .mis and .properties files, when you play using multiplayer and it might be loading a prior version for them especially if you did not change the name of the file. Delete the contents of the cache folder, NOT the entire folder. If you delete the folder you will no longer see the briefing when you fly in multiplayer since the cache folder is where the .properties file is stored for multiplayer games. The .mis files in the cache folder are encrypted so you can't edit them in the FMB anyways. :)

This may have caused your spawn problem when you flew the Operation Oyster mission on Sunday too since you had been testing that mission before I edited it. I did not change the name of the file when I sent it back to you.

Wheels