PDA

View Full Version : Could the tragedy ever happen where TD get enlisted to fix Clod and 1946 passes away

Mysticpuma
05-15-2011, 10:49 AM
I can appreciate everyone looking at the Emperor's new clothes in the CloD Forums, but it is sad that it appears that 1946 is very quiet now.

It can, I suppose only be expected, but now that there is an Official Mods section in Cliffs of Dover, does this mean that TD could/will be spirited away to try and develop Mods for CloD and therefore 1946 cast aside?

1946 is still, for me, the best out there until CloD gets fixed, but I wonder what the situation is regarding new features and patches for IL2:1946 if, now that Modding is allowed, TD get enlisted to 'Patch' CloD.

Cheers, MP

ATAG_Doc
05-16-2011, 05:17 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9peZ5WOtL0&feature=related

Mysticpuma
05-16-2011, 10:09 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9peZ5WOtL0&feature=related

Made me feel better.....I thought I'd follow it up:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEl5k3Tzedc&feature=related

MicroWave
05-16-2011, 11:52 AM
Some members of DT are helping the CloD development on individual basis. Work ranges from beta testing, historical research and creating new content. I'm not sure exactly how many are participating in CloD development, but I would say "a few".
DT as a whole has no such plans in the immediate future.
Il2 development continues as before.
Well, hopefully better than before. :grin:

Bearcat
06-08-2011, 08:50 PM
Well FWIW I appreciate what you guys are doing.. and for me, while I have to admit I do enjoy many mods.. the stock rendering will always set the tone.. I lkke the fact that HSFX is willing to work with you guys.. or maybe that is vice versa .. I sincerely believe that if TD could find it's way to incorporate just some more of the mods.. into the official version it would go a long way to solidifying the community. I like what I am seeing from you guys so far..

steppie
06-09-2011, 07:44 AM
!

ElAurens
07-08-2011, 01:01 AM
All the great old sims of the past met this fate, so will IL2 at some point.

Currently I'm the only BlitzPig left that still flys the sim.

There was much anticipation in advance of CloD, but the botched release soured my squad mates to the point where they are just taking a wait and see attitude. Most stopped flying IL2 a long time ago, because it was, and is very dated.

Still the best thing going so far, but once CloD gets sorted it will be like EAW or CFS2, less than a dozen hardcore people playing it, the rest having moved on.

JG52Karaya
07-08-2011, 08:11 PM
Currently I'm the only BlitzPig left that still flys the sim.

There was much anticipation in advance of CloD, but the botched release soured my squad mates to the point where they are just taking a wait and see attitude. Most stopped flying IL2 a long time ago, because it was, and is very dated.

Same sad story here, our squad has been inactive for well over a year now with most being bored of IL-2. Yet the buggy CoD release has not motivated enough of us to get the new sim, let alone the fact that the majority (including me) need a new PC to play CoD decently.

I do have a Quad core 2,66Ghz PC with 4GB DDR2 RAM, not the best PC there is but it's simply frustrating at the moment to play CoD at a miserable 1024x768 and the fps never going up over 40fps at all but low details (for comparison IL-2 is constantly running at around 100fps at perfect settings and 1920x1080). Maybe at the end of the year when CoD has been patched to a point that it's truely "gold" I might think of investing into a new computer.

CWMV
07-09-2011, 12:56 AM
I think IL2 has a long way to go before it passes.
We have over 50 guys who regularly play our coop campaign.
With UP all things are possible!

JG52Karaya
07-09-2011, 09:23 AM
Karaya,

I'm running a q6600 at 2.45Ghz, 6gb DDR2, but put a 560Ti with 2GB in, and I'm able to consistently get minimum 45+ (average around 65) fps, at 1680x1050 (my monitor's max res). Most of my graphics are turned to high or medium (except buildings).

Well thats fine if your PC handles it ok, mine doesnt and it's no fun that way

Ace1staller
07-12-2011, 03:57 AM
I think IL2 has a long way to go before it passes.
We have over 50 guys who regularly play our coop campaign.
With UP all things are possible!

Genius it could happen that way.

JG52Karaya
07-12-2011, 05:18 PM
Karaya,

I think with a fairly upper tier video card, you can greatly improve your CoD performance. No need to upgrade the whole computer, just the video card. If you get a good enough one, then when you are ready to upgrade your comp, there's 1 less expensive part to worry about.

Problem is that I would also need to upgrade the PSU as the current one is only worth 350W.

Silverback
08-04-2011, 05:20 AM
Not as long as UP, SAS, Histomod , Fusion, AAS and HSFX are around. IL-2 will never die.