PDA

View Full Version : Column AI ground speeds

Widowmaker214
05-15-2011, 02:04 AM
While tinkering with the setup for some online missions,

I noticed that ALL of the ground columns (except for the FUEL column) move EXCEPTIONALLY slow...
both german and british.
the fuel columns move like you would expect... the rest.. snails pace.

*edit* after looking over it again, only the german fuel column seems to move at the right speed.
even the british fuel column is slooooowww

brando
05-15-2011, 09:46 AM
While tinkering with the setup for some online missions,

I noticed that ALL of the ground columns (except for the FUEL column) move EXCEPTIONALLY slow...
both german and british.
the fuel columns move like you would expect... the rest.. snails pace.

*edit* after looking over it again, only the german fuel column seems to move at the right speed.
even the british fuel column is slooooowww

I reckon they must've been adjusted then, 'cos a couple of patches ago they were too fast.

What speed do you estimate they're doing? The common practice was always to place the slowest vehicles at the head of the column, to prevent the convoy from getting strung out into a long line. It's worth noting that the early war lorries, with 3-speed crash gearboxes, really were slow compared to anything we know now.

JG53Frankyboy
05-15-2011, 10:19 AM
at least in my official version ( i dont use these BETAs) , they waypoint times are not accurate. at most times the columns are much faster than the estimated waypoint time :D

Widowmaker214
05-15-2011, 04:51 PM
thanks franky... I'll actually place some and go look at how they are moving.

interesting the waypoint times dont match. since thats how I like to set up so I know things GET to a certain place when I want them to lol.

the german fuel convoy seems right as far as waypoint times.
EVERY thing else.. is like waaayy slower lol.
what the german fuel convoy can do in 20 minutes.. the waypoint times for everything else is about 3 hours plus. (including the british fuel convoy)

6BL Bird-Dog
05-21-2011, 05:47 PM
The vehicles are treveling at a more believable speed now compared with the original game release .
The Ant looks a bit speedier than it was,(I drove one when I was an apprentice ),double the clutch, slow grating through the gears and braking down a steep hills made you pucker up a bit because of brake fade.
The only thing I see wrong is with mixed convoys of different types that bump into each other and start weird Ai behavior.
Having a concistant road speed would help if it is possible.The roads were not that brilliant back in those days .Most were still country lanes and even the main roads were full of twists turns and tight places not forgetting the pot-holes of course so movement was not done at speed with the ecception of a few faster cars and some speedy motor cycles .
Big Improvement on the original release though.:-)