11-01-2014, 03:59 PM
Why is there no forum for Dark Side? Or am I blind. :mad:

ShadowTek
11-07-2014, 06:12 PM
Good Question!

jaden24
11-27-2014, 04:22 AM
Why is there no forum for Dark Side? Or am I blind. :mad:

Whatever the case, there isn't a good answer.

sonhot
12-29-2014, 04:08 PM
They said that this game is as buggy as wotn,is that true?Does the game playable?

Elwin
01-05-2015, 07:11 PM
Game has little annoyiing bugs but nothing game breaking

sonhot
01-09-2015, 03:50 PM
Game has little annoyiing bugs but nothing game breaking

Yeh i'm playing it now,the rage description still say "rage of the valkiries amulet" from wotn lol.

DeepSoul
01-13-2015, 09:47 AM
They said that this game is as buggy as wotn,is that true?Does the game playable?

They have fixed some issues with the game and it's definately worth playing. It's better than WoTN imo. The only real bug I've encountered was an incorrect troop count that made it too difficult to fight that army but you could come back later and it might be different according to some reports. There are a lot of bugs in the form of spiders though. ;)

DeepSoul
01-13-2015, 09:50 AM

They fixed most of the early bugs but there are still some small issues in the game that may or may not occur. It's still definately worth playing since it's better than WoTN imo.

ShadowTek
01-17-2015, 03:07 PM
What I don't get is that IMO this is the funnest version of KB. But its like they don't even care enough to support it.

I'm having a blast playing Dark Side.

Shadowcran
01-19-2015, 04:37 PM
Maybe they're waiting for enough to demand it?

Anyways, I can see why there are people who are not giving it good reviews:

1. It's the 4th(Yeah, I know about the original and it's PS2 copy) in the series so reviewers can be lazy and just use the same old "not as good as" references they use every single time instead of actually playing the game.

2. It's harder, at least with the vampire. Some people want their games spoon fed to them constantly.

3. Bug, blah, blah, blah. EVERY game has bugs nowadays and the ones for DS I've seen are nothing compared to those. The bugs I've seen have been easily gotten around.

*Playing the Vampire has been hard as hell(I'm playing all 3 at the moment) due to two simple things. Quality of opening creatures(Boy, could I have used a couple more vampires to buy) and lack of spells. I've lost count the number of times I've cast Poison Skull due to simply not having anything else. And this one is randomized as to damage! What's worse, I'm eagerly getting to the next store and finding almost nothing spell wise that helps. At least after Whitehill you can get quality troops from near the Shelter. I lost count the number of spiders and snakes( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXk8BTyiEXY )I've sacced to the meat shield gods. To top THAT off, the items I've gotten so far have been the bottom of the barrel.

Does this make it a bad game? Hell no? Quite the contrary. It's making me WORK for my tactical advantages. The Demoness so far has been a cakewalk and the Orc not much harder. I'm playing them on Normal of course as I'm learning the nuances.

sonhot
01-28-2015, 10:10 AM
I also playing as vampire on impossible,and i literally mop the floor with invincible enemies ,no loss of course :)

BB Shockwave
01-29-2015, 04:42 PM
Actually, the majority of reviews have been good. Read a few and I understood why - the reviewers, with a few exceptions only played the previous game for a few hours and not more, hence they don't see how little Dark Side adds and how many more things it gets totally wrong. Many reviewers were not even aware that this game uses the same engine, models, sounds, everything as the previous ones.

So why no separate forum?
Maybe because this is the fourth "fox-skin" (as the Hungarian saying goes, you can only skin ONE fox so many times before it gets useless) of the same game?
Maybe because they re-made the SAME mistakes they did in WotN, and ignored things Armored Princess corrected?
Maybe because of the ridiculous imbalance of the units and skills, like Death Knights with rechargeable Drain Soul, a Warrior skill that lets you Halve enemy units (no leadership requirement like with the Archdemon in CW), or overpowered spells like Gift making a return?
Or maybe because of the cookie-cutter "bad people are good, good people are bad" story that has been translated via Google Translate?
Or possibly because 80% of the new units are minor shade-changes (not even reskins) of existing units with "Of the Dark" / "of the Light" (prime example of bad translation) added. And half of these skin mods are actually taken from a FAN-MADE MOD, like they did with the Undead Lizardmen in WotN...

I played this game for a week and uninstalled it, uninspiring empty maps, bad story, munchkin units like Dragon Riders that summon Black Dragons (why not have them cast Armaggedon too every turn, eh?) - sorry, already WotN was bad enough. I have been replaying CW with different army setups since then, and enjoying it far more than these last two games. The change in programming team is sorely showing.

I also playing as vampire on impossible,and i literally mop the floor with invincible enemies ,no loss of course :)

Seriously? How the heck did you beat the three impossible armies at the first castle? I went with Demoness and on Hard, and it was not doeable no-loss, simply put.

sonhot
02-09-2015, 05:08 PM
Seriously? How the heck did you beat the three impossible armies at the first castle? I went with Demoness and on Hard, and it was not doeable no-loss, simply put.

Well,i mean all the enemies after those three.Those three are truly impossible for no loss :)

OGKingsBounty92
03-11-2015, 07:09 PM
Well,i mean all the enemies after those three.Those three are truly impossible for no loss :)

I'm playing the Vampire on hard difficulty, I'm not as good as other people but I've been playing KB for a few years now. I have no problems after the first 4 bosses (that Black Gate fight is very hard) but the beginning is kicking my ass.

For those that claim or have actually done it, would you please make a video of you playing as a Vampire with no loss during the first 4 battles? I would like to see what tactics you use and what army. I just can't get enough soldiers or good enough spells to at least have "no loss" on one of those fights.

Shadowcran
03-12-2015, 02:36 AM
On the Steam forums, I made a Guide in the guide section for this game.

Avoid as many battles as you can, doing 'just enough' to get started on Portland. That means at Whitehill, only fight ONE of the 3 battles there. The one to the left of where you enter is usually the easiest one.

At Portland, you can start grabbing some great creatures/items/spells before having to fight a single battle again. My guide helps with that.

1. Once you are "run out" of Dragandor(dwarven area)and kill ONE unit in Whitehill, you can go to Portland. Once there:

2. Return through the catacombs, the entrance is located in a graveyard. First, go back into:

3. Dragandor and retrieve what loot is there. Usually not much.

4. Then go back into catacombs, go into Tristem and Atrixus and immediately leave back into the catacombs.

5. The reason being you can now teleport to those zones and it's worth it to do so. When you teleport in, there's nothing there to attack you.

6. Tristem. Avoid the elven patrols. They're far too much to deal with. Instead pick up goodies while avoiding them. Two really good ones take place outside "Grumph's Inn". You can get 70 shaman or 70 "Goblins with Catapults" there. Very good units at this point in the game. Also, make your way into the underground area. There is another free "friendly unit" there. A lot of either Veteran Orcs or regular orcs. There is also a large supply of goblins outside the Shaman's Tent as free friendly units, but you won't need them.

7. Teleport to Atrixus. There is an area where, if you avoid one patrol, and it can easily be done, you can reach an area that has 15-18 either Demons or Executioners. Again, very good units and they're free "friendly units". Also, immediately right next to the area you teleport to, there is a movable tile to an area with Verdelet the Demonologist and no encounters to get there. You can buy Demonologists there, an excellent unit as well as either Demons or Executioners. Later in the game, Verdelet will come to the Shelter so you can recruit units there from him. He only has top of the line demonologists and demon units then.

8. Once you get the map to Insenburg, which can be obtained by killing the Paladin unit located in front of a navigational chart(he's actually slightly easier than the pikeman unit guarding the chart to Monteville), go there and sail around picking up chests. One island has 4 fields on it of various "crops", with a road in front of it with usually a plant type unit. The GREEN FIELD can be landed on and in the middle is a chest that has from 100,000 to 180,000 gold pieces in it. The units in Isenburg aren't all that good to recruit though.

9. Once you get the map to Monteville from the Pikeman unit, sail there. Immediately avoid the unit that's close, and go left to a castle where you can recruit Necromancers, a truly excellent unit. Further along the path, avoiding TWO tough units, you get to another castle where you can recruit all 3 types of vampires. Save the female vampires for now as you'll need them for a quest later. Both of these castles, as well as the "Dead House", where you first land, often have excellent undead items if you have enough gold saved to buy a few now.

With these great units, you can more easily handle Portland. Portland can be extremely tough for a starting area, but with these units, it can be a cakewalk. Once Portland is "finished" and "of the dark", you can recruit Human Traitor units, which are "dark versions" of units you might be more familiar with from earlier King's Bounty games.

Another good thing is the Blood Priestess to fill up those "must keep" units. Her sacrifice, unlike the spell,works on summoned units like Call of Nature and Demon types and the like.

**Also, there is often a spell in a coal cart when you first enter Dragandor. I got Death Star last time and yes, it really helps in the early going and is tough until end of game. Often for vampire, the spell there is a very good one.

Hope this helps.

OGKingsBounty92
03-12-2015, 03:32 PM
Thanks for the tips, I think I've read your tips before. I don't have any issues after the first 4 battles, I can find most spells and most everything I need once I get the ghost pirates and the spell that replenishes specials.

My problem is BEFORE getting to Portland but it seems everyone has a very difficult time with the vampire during the first few battles.

Shadowcran
03-12-2015, 06:50 PM
It's mainly due to his starting spells being random damage and therefore, unreliable.

In the absence of that, he needs quality creatures to make up for it and...there aren't any.

In the absence of THAT, he needs good buff spells...and he doesn't have them.

nor does he have: which would cover for the above
leadership
defense and to a lesser extent
attack

If he had started with Fire rain or Fireball, then yeah, it would be possible.

*hope a dev is listening.

OGKingsBounty92
03-13-2015, 06:49 PM
It's mainly due to his starting spells being random damage and therefore, unreliable.

In the absence of that, he needs quality creatures to make up for it and...there aren't any.

In the absence of THAT, he needs good buff spells...and he doesn't have them.

nor does he have: which would cover for the above
leadership
defense and to a lesser extent
attack

If he had started with Fire rain or Fireball, then yeah, it would be possible.

*hope a dev is listening.

Hahah so we're in deep shit in other words.

Shadowcran
03-15-2015, 09:26 PM
The Orc has different problems starting.

1. He's dependent on Rage, which you don't get til Whitehill. My "big strong" Orc had to basically run from everything until then and only fight what he had to

2. Again, the starting troops are brittle, especially the gobs. The Imps, on the other hand, are very good for starters if you protect them with the bodies of the almost useless gobs.

No loss? No way until Whitehill and where my tips start. After that it's rather easy to go no loss.

Those demons you get free from kiting Atrixus along with Demonologists are tough, but so are the Shaman you pick up free in Tristrem AND the Spirit Talkers(which weren't there for purchase with Demoness and Vampire). They're brittle, but make up for it with all 3 of their specials.

Once you get your rage up there, it's almost a cakewalk in every battle, especially when you get the skill that allows more than one per turn. Hell, at times I got to 7 or 8 rage abilities in one turn. Then it's simply a matter of picking off what's left.

Defense is a lot more important that Attack for all 3. With high defense, all you have to worry about are the bleeding, freeze, burn and shock, which means the lab coat at level 4 is one of the best "armor" in the game, if not THE best as it gives +20 to all resistances. with one of your companions wearing another resistance armor, it's easy to resurrect, not so if they're losing units every turn.

The "effect lost on a turn" skill is way worth investing for this very reason.

Archdemons and Dragon Riders are also the best units imo. Archdemons for all they do, PLUS they shrug off bad effects when their turn starts. As a melee unit, they kind of stink, but they've enough other things that melee should always be the last option with them.

*Negative effects, not melee or ranged damage, are your worst enemies in this version.

Dragon Riders are the best unit in the entire series imo. On that Steam Guide, I also left a section on obtaining princesses. It's worth it to run them as a single unit, not divided mainly due to DIVE.

ilayda
05-01-2015, 06:55 PM
there are too many bugs at game. I can't play with demoness at xp. ıt crashess at the beginning of the game when ı try to attack . and ıt crashes both with pc. ıt crash and restart.
Now the same problem is at vampire in the middle of the game. ıt is so annoying. Now ı cant playing the game. because ı cant fight.

jaden24
07-26-2015, 02:50 AM
I'm playing the Vampire on hard difficulty, I'm not as good as other people but I've been playing KB for a few years now. I have no problems after the first 4 bosses (that Black Gate fight is very hard) but the beginning is kicking my ass.

I have no idea how people are getting through this on vampire/impossible. I simply do not have proficient magic or leadership to even make it through the human and elven armies. I barely made it through the dwarf stack with few units standing.

I love the KB series, but this game is so unbalanced. I shelved this game for 6 months waiting for them to patch it, and it remains unpatched.

I shouldn't have to relegate myself to a playstyle (warrior) in order to get past the black gate.

And no loss? Pfft, you can kiss that goodbye.