PDA

View Full Version : Where do people play multiplayer?

Ubaku
11-16-2007, 05:49 PM
Hey, I had IL-2 for years, but just recently got DSL and bought IL-2 1946. So where do you guys fly online and how does one join you?

JG53Harti
11-16-2007, 06:12 PM
Install the latest patch ( 4.08 ) download the hyperlobby from here http://hyperfighter.sk/

go to the Forgotten Battles room there and have fun

Pit
11-18-2007, 02:34 AM
Hyperlobby be da place!!! :D

GF_Mastiff
11-18-2007, 03:00 AM
you can also add it to All Seeing Eye (http://videogames.yahoo.com/multiplayer). I use it, it's less intrusive as HL is. Just Down load the Trial version as it is free and it won't expire if you don't mind it asking you to join every 7th day. Hl has a habit of going down quit a bit and All Seeing Eye is another alternative to HL.

JG53Harti
11-18-2007, 09:01 AM
but ASE can only see running servers. If you like coop-play ASE is no alternative to HL.

4H_V-man
11-18-2007, 09:53 PM
If you like 'Full Switch', you might want to give us a try:

http://www.warbirdsofprey.org/

One server is ETO/MTO/Eastern Front, the other is PTO/CBI. Maps are mission oriented. Being on TS helps a lot, especially if you're new.

secretone
11-19-2007, 01:53 AM
Here is another question: does it cost money to play online? If so, what advice can you give a newbe?

GF_Mastiff
11-19-2007, 07:54 AM
Here is another question: does it cost money to play online? If so, what advice can you give a newbe?no this particular MP game doesn't charge a fee. Unlike EVE and a few others this
one is free.

Avimimus
11-21-2007, 03:03 AM
I don't fly online. I have...issues that prevent co-op play (look up the term "taran") and I find spit vs. ki-84 terrible tedious.

mwolf
11-22-2007, 06:45 AM
well there is online coop servers
one of them is 102nd_COOP_dedi
so if you want to play coop missions with friends online that is the place
only thing is there is limit of 32 players :(
becouse that is limit for coop play online :(
we hope that it will be increase soon in last patch

76.IAP Männis
11-30-2007, 03:55 PM
Talking about warbirdsofprey.org
I've been banned from there, the admins telling me that i'm not who I am :lol:
It seems they banned a entire german squadron becouse of missbehaviour, but instead of shuting down every single one, they've banned a major part of the city of darmstadt :lol:
That's kept them out allright, with a whole load of other people including me who haven't done anything. But how do you prove online that you realy are who you're saing you are?

Billy885
12-14-2007, 05:09 AM
I know your grief Mannis, but you must understand the game is hard to keep disrupted players out. It also treats these as different player "Mannis" 'mannis" "manNis". I think you get the picture and if the players keep changing their callsigns to get back on the server then the server admin only has one choice and that is to use a good router and ban a range of IP numbers. The game itself can not do that only single IP number but a good router can and I beleive that is what is happening here. Yes, if your IP is within that range you are banned also.