PDA

View Full Version : logitech g25 racing wheel

rcm.1982
11-15-2007, 06:32 PM
how good is the wheel..im planning to buy it but i dont know how good it will be? i hope i dont get dissapointed in after spending $280 canadian :)

Towmanjt
11-16-2007, 12:22 AM
dude, its worth it, I LOVE MINE TO DEATH! And its compatible with pretty much EVERY racing game. i say BUY IT.

GargantulaKon
11-16-2007, 06:34 AM
Since you have one, I have a question to ask. :D I read somewhere that you can set the wheel to 270 (the web site site said 200 degrees, but I think that could be wrong) degrees lock to lock and 900 degrees. Is that true?

I also read that the shifter has an annoying click. I saw a video on Youtube with someone who removed the sound by sticking foam between something inside the H shifter.

Oliwerko
11-16-2007, 07:35 PM
Is it true that you can shift in REAL H-pattern? If so, I am probably going to buy it.

JOleg
11-16-2007, 09:37 PM
Is it true that you can shift in REAL H-pattern? If so, I am probably going to buy it.

Yep! And yes, if Rig'n'Roll comes, I will buy it too :roll: :? :wink:

GargantulaKon
11-17-2007, 05:05 AM
I have a Logitech MOMO Racing wheel with the Act Lab Pedals and H-Shifter with seven gears. Until I have the extra money, the G25 is out of my reach for now. I do not like the lack of on-the-steering-wheel buttons. It looks like the G25 has only 2 and the rest is on the shifter. The MOMO Racing has 6 buttons, plus the 2 paddle shifter. I like the double force feedback that it has.

Flagman_20
11-17-2007, 10:39 AM
I have the Logitech MOMO Racing wheel too.
Did you get your H shifter in separate?

GargantulaKon
11-19-2007, 09:20 PM
Yeah, the Act Lab H-Shifter (7 gears) as stated earlier.

Flagman_20
11-19-2007, 09:40 PM
Got to see if I buy that one :wink:

GargantulaKon
11-20-2007, 12:09 AM
I got it before Act Labs went into a downfall and seemed like they were going out of business. They sold the last stock and I bought the last production that were made. They made a comeback and made new versions of the shifters and pedals.

Go to:
http://www.act-labs.com/products/race1.htm

I trust the reliability and accuracy of Logitech's products. The wheel I have is always accurate, but the pedals have issues that I have to work around. If I had the dough, I would have a G25.

rcm.1982
11-20-2007, 02:11 PM
thanks for the suggestions guys..i am going to go for the g25..it costs quite a bit though..i could put in 1 gig of memory and buy a new video card with that money but i need the wheel so im going to go for it once the game comes out..am also going to buy trackIr..but i am running out of patience for this game..im really losing it..lol :roll:

btw..if anyone wants to buy the g25..the cost is around $280 :shock:
its big money very big money for a WHEEL! but my dad said he will buy me one i didnt even have to argue with him!! lol :wink:

Flagman_20
11-20-2007, 02:46 PM
but the pedals have issues that I have to work around. If I had the dough, I would have a G25.

Wow, I have a problem with the pedals too, they're WAY to sensitive (sometime's I'm not even pushing it, and it accelerates)

GargantulaKon
11-20-2007, 10:29 PM
I forgot to be specific about the pedals I was talking about. The comment was for the Act Labs pedals and not the Logitech pedals. The Act Labs pedals need constant tweaking and re-calibrating to get right. If the game does not have advanced settings, then I have to deal with the issues of a jumpy dead zone or the fact that the brake requires too much strength to reach the limit.

The Logitech pedals are also wearing out though. I was having issues when I had to recently use then for a game that does not recognize two game controllers at the same time. A quick calibration fixed them though.

nicknackpaddywack
11-21-2007, 12:42 PM
For anyone thinking of buying the logitech G25 i suggest you do, it is the best quality product ive bort for the PC ever! except my 8800GTX... but this steering wheel is the dogs balls, it will own any other racing wheels by the fact the built quality, design and overall performance is better than anything ive seen for a long time.

Flagman_20
11-21-2007, 05:02 PM
I forgot to be specific about the pedals I was talking about. The comment was for the Act Labs pedals and not the Logitech pedals.

Ok then :wink: . Probably too much of a coincidence lol.