PDA

View Full Version : Any new games like this or add-ons coming out?

Redjac
05-08-2011, 07:17 PM
I've played this game over soo many times. Actually I'm just in it for the fire fights now and don't bother with the story line.

i would love to see a sequel. Maybe a sequel with less quests and more gun fights, something like Hired Guns in that respect.

So any rumours? Maybe a monster mod?

Hurzwa
05-09-2011, 08:58 AM
There is a successor to this game called 7.62 Reloaded. The game is mission based and not open world like 7.62 so the gunfights are more important than the quests. It has not been released in english but I think there was a fan made translation some time ago.

Kuujis
05-09-2011, 12:21 PM
Also - the new Jagged Alliance: Back In Action should be similar to this game in regards to the combat system, although wheather it will be concentrated on fighting and not story/rpg elements - I cannot say. See here for more info http://www.jaggedalliance.com .

IceShade
05-09-2011, 02:11 PM
I believe there was also a game called Marauder / Man of prey. I saw some early shots, a video or two .. but never seen anything otherwise.

Maybe it was released in Russia. Probably died along with Apeiron.

D_F_N
05-10-2011, 09:29 AM
@ Redjac

Have you tried the prequel (Brigade E5)? If you are in for the firefights i would suggest that you try it with the Immortal Badass mod installed. The prequel had some features that didnt make it to 7.62. It also has different, bigger and HIGHER maps. Also, if you can read russian, you can try another excelent mod - the Bonus mod (for BE5).

Also, if you can read russian, you can try the HLA (Hard Life Addon) mod for 7.62.

As for 7.62 Reloaded, there is a fan-made translation. Reloaded is to 7.62 what Fallout Tactics was to Fallout. A series of battles.

Last you have Man of Prey. There is a machine translation out there if you cant read russian, because it was never released in the west AFAIK. Its a linear story based on a novel , pretty good i might add. I still remember one of the most intensive fights where you defended your home/appartment from a mob of about 20 enemies who were armed with H2H weapons, stones(!) and some firearms.

Though i have to say that after 6 years of playing Apeiron SPM games, the best fights i got were in BE5. The enemies drop to the ground when you fire a machinegun burst to them, trying to avoid getting hit. The also seek cover and try to flank you every time. Apeiron chose the eye candy way for their next games instead of making the fire fights more realistic. This trend continued in Man of Prey. All of their games suffer from 3 major problems. First, no fire-on-the-move. Second, no map editors. Third, no destructible environmnet. Sadly there is no game that i know that adresess these issues and builds on the SPM engine.
The SPM engine was (and still is) a well kept secret. No source code given to the public and now that Apeiron closed its doors, i dont think we will ever see it.

The last has an impact on JA:BIA. I dont think their fire fight engine will be as sophisticated as Apeirons'. IMHO they bought the wrong IP. And now they are stuck with a bunch of angry fanatics that only want to play chess with guns. Anyway, only time will tell.

IceShade
05-10-2011, 10:35 AM
I miss a lot of stuff from BE5 .. From all those enterable buildings in towns, the way bigger and more interesting maps to simple stuff like the locked doors .. which you could shoot to open. :P

I can only hope that someday Apeiron will release their source code and BSM will continue to grow and become better.

Tozmeister
05-10-2011, 06:31 PM
There's another few to look into...
- 9th Company:Roots of Terror
- alfa: Antiterror
- Planet Alcatraz ( by 1C)
- UFO Trilogy

JA2 Gold or X-Com if you want to go retro.

safoolfool
05-10-2011, 06:37 PM
Don't forget Silent Storm (and its standalone addon Sentinels). Turn based, but still pretty good.

Battleseed
08-18-2011, 11:43 PM
a bunch of angry fanatics that only want to play chess with guns.

That sums up the Bear's Pit community fairly well.