PDA

View Full Version : Abandoning the defensive position/goal?

TheBirthdayParty
11-14-2007, 01:17 AM
What's with the AI abandoning the towns its supposed to keep me from getting. I just walk right in and complete the quest, easy as pie.

Raziel
11-14-2007, 11:50 PM
Umm...dunno it never happened to me sometimes they left ordinary towns bu the ones that are your objective hardly :o

desert dawg
11-15-2007, 01:03 AM
Great game. Although, I have pulled my men up to a river opposite a castle I need and the A.I. will pull his men out into the river and attack. Then I mop up and take the castle. The A.I. is not maintaining its advantage and staying defensive and, of all things move, attack from a river.

astrosmurf
11-18-2007, 11:42 AM
Was the AI playing orcs? Then that's it roleplaying... ;-)

desert dawg
11-19-2007, 09:56 PM
Yeah, they must be stupid, but they're tough!

Ogre
12-18-2007, 08:05 PM
The game plays great but I agree the AI could be a little smarter.

In addtion to the above comments regarding AI I would also like to state that I coudl choose a better retreat path most of the time. Often units retreat toward the enemy even when there is a significantly better Option.

In the attached image the Orc unit that was in the Hex with the blue circle retreated toward the red circle but should have retreated toward the green circle.

Alex Mars
12-21-2007, 04:42 PM
What's with the AI abandoning the towns its supposed to keep me from getting. I just walk right in and complete the quest, easy as pie.

This seems to be a common problem, I have seen the AI do this in AoW and HOMM.