PDA

View Full Version : Balance & Challenge Mod

Sirlancelot
05-06-2011, 08:31 PM
Hello, frogs ladies lovers.

I'm thinking about make a simple and humble mod to specifically try to improve the challenge and balance of the game without changing it that much. The general idea would be to put the game more in line with which i think it should have been (and probably planned to be) from the beggining if the infamous exploits everyone knows about wouldn't have appeared.

So i open this topic to ask you for insight.. what do you think should be changed first, why and how/to what degree? Bear in mind that i prefer to seek balance trough nerfs rather than boost things and that i want to keep statistics at low numbers.

I have decided to begin with the spells and skills. I think these both are roughly speaking the easiest to change and at the same time have a tremendous impact over gameplay.

Regarding the spells, i would vote for the ones used for the "no casualties" runs like the most troublesome to keep challenge up. Specially since their true potential comes through combos, not alone. When used alone they are not so overpowered.

So, which spells and or combination of spells do you think should be nerfed/disabled or more difficult to cast/use? Why? How and/or to what degree?

I have already in mind:

Magic Spring + Resurrection
Resurrection
Gift + Inquisitors?
Sacrifice
Phantom
Hypnosis
Invisibility + devastating AoE offensive spell
Blind
Slow
Battle Cry
Target?
Trap?
Fit of Energy?
Armageddon?
Fire Rain
Ice Snake

Vulture
05-06-2011, 10:46 PM
Only one thing.

Higher Magic.

Thanks for your attention :)

Sirlancelot
05-06-2011, 11:36 PM
Only one thing.

Higher Magic.

Thanks for your attention :)

Sure, but i would rather focus first on spells.

By the way, are you, me and Marlow the only ones that remain here or it's just an impression of mine? xD

Vulture
05-07-2011, 07:10 PM
Well, it's the worst advertised and worst published best game on earth :) It's even a miracle that I'm not the only one. Especially since I'm basically still here only to troll people ^^
With an actual publisher this game would still have many active followers.