PDA

View Full Version : Do We need more realistic humans in SoW?

BG-09
11-09-2007, 05:26 PM
Hello all folks!

Please vote about new humans in to the "Storm of War - Battle of Britain"!

Do We need more realistic humans? We will get perfect aircrafts, but ugly humans can spoil the "game". Sorry, It is not game, but real War... Please vote! Oleg, You can vote too... :wink:

Your oppinion counts!

S!

BG-09

Chivas
11-09-2007, 05:50 PM
I'm sure Oleg already stated that he is working on exactly that. He mentioned something about doing the human skeletal form.

stalkervision
11-09-2007, 06:46 PM
At least can't we get some realistic ground crews to service our plane once and a while.. :cry:

even a stock file video tape of the actual thing to run once and a while.. :(

BG-09
11-09-2007, 08:09 PM
I'm sure Oleg already stated that he is working on exactly that. He mentioned something about doing the human skeletal form.
Realy!? G R E A T !

S!

BG-09

Flyby
11-09-2007, 08:44 PM
For my two cents, I don't want anything stealing processor cycles that does not lend to the subject at hand: air combat. Even if there is a strong air to ground component in Sow_BoB, I still don't see the need to have more fully articlulated human models. Do I need to see the gore of a Stuka gunner getting splattered? I could live with it. Do I need to see a member of an antiaircraft batter get gutted by a strafing attack? Not if it steals processor cycles. I figure it will be enough trying to set the clouds, weather, and other eye candy to where they provide some immersion while not bogging down the frames. Heck, if you're flying full real (full difficulty) you won't be able to see that stuff anyway. You know how Oleg is. He'll say you'll need a 9ghz processor to get the full beneift anyway. So why add to our woes?
But that's just me. ;)
Flyby

Chivas
11-09-2007, 10:23 PM
Having an active ground crew would be a huge immersion increase for me. I don't suppose it will affect frame rates to much when your dogfighting, unless they are still hanging onto your wings when you take off. :mrgreen:

Triad773
11-10-2007, 03:35 AM
Good idea- it always has thrown me off being in a cockpit with the controls seeming to move by themselves.

I (and no doubt most) have flown other sims where they have sprites representing you or other people- its only detracting if it looks too 'cartoonish' to me.

Cheers

Triad

stalkervision
11-10-2007, 04:11 AM
Having an active ground crew would be a huge immersion increase for me. I don't suppose it will affect frame rates to much when your dogfighting, unless they are still hanging onto your wings when you take off. :mrgreen:

:lol:

proton45
11-10-2007, 09:07 AM
Anything that adds to the illusion of flying in a real world is a welcome addition to me. I for one would love to watch humans scatter as I drop a bomb on them.

I know that a lot of people are worried about humans running around the battlefield eating up "cpu" power that could better be used to calculate "air vectors" or something...But I hope that Oleg will simply keep the selectable on/off feature (the animation of people/gunners) for people who want to save cpu power and will continue to develop the illusion of an animated/"living" world for people who like to "ground pound"...

Jughead
11-10-2007, 04:30 PM
We do need new pilots. We need pilots that are more proportional to the plane size! The ones in IL2 makes the planes look like undersized replicas!
Fly a SBD or a P47 and look at the outside view. Then look at any RL photo. Takes away from the immersion.

Friendly_flyer
11-10-2007, 07:50 PM
Realistic humans? Could we have some WAAFs?

DKoor
11-10-2007, 10:36 PM
New people and their health restrictions etc. please.

Vigilant
11-11-2007, 12:07 AM
Splendid idea Chivas, I'll back you on this one. And an option to turn them off would be nice for those with lower spec PC's :wink:

New humans FTW

DKoor
11-11-2007, 11:00 AM
Droping one 250kger among them while they do their work on enemy ac would be better than actual fight 8)

Blood_Splat
11-11-2007, 01:01 PM
I'm all for blood and carnage myself. :twisted:

BG-09
11-11-2007, 04:48 PM
It is true! We need new humans - I was looking at the MS Combat Flight Simulator's "Pilot", and I could not belive my eyes - this was real human - wit all gestures, and even body language!!!

Oleg, my friend if You are too bussy with the aircrafts developing, You can just buy human from another developer, and implement it in "Battle Of Brittain - Storm Of War". Very wise decision...I think...I think... :roll:

Mr.Gates, how much money do You want to recruit Your pilot in "Battle Of Brittain - Storm Of War"?

Hmmm...What do You think guys?

S!

BG-09

76.IAP Männis
11-12-2007, 06:57 AM
Well to be quite honest, I absolutly hate the CFS Figures :lol:
They're just to comiclike in my opinon, like the whole game. But I do think we need new Pilots for SOW

Talisman
11-12-2007, 02:00 PM
I'm with Flyby on this topic and have not voted as I do not see this as simply a black and white issue. Yes, it might be nice to have human figures improved a little, but it comes a long way down the priority list for a FLIGHT sim IMHO. Also, no way do I want to see a figure in my own cockpit with arms blocking my view of instruments when flying full real.

Happy landings all,

Talisman

BG-09
11-12-2007, 04:08 PM
Also, no way do I want to see a figure in my own cockpit with arms blocking my view of instruments when flying full real.

But the hands of real pilots do block the view of the instruments in flight...
Realism...thats what we need...

76.IAP Männis
11-13-2007, 05:16 AM
Yes but a real Pilot kann move to get a view on the things he is blocking way easier as we can eaven using TrackIr. It's the same with a clickable cockpit, it's a great feature and a love it in FSX or FS2004, but in a Dogfightsimulation it just takes to long. A real Pilot can react much faster with his hands than we can with our mouse. Realism is important for me to but you've got to make compromises, becouse Sims just aren't real.
New Pilot Models I'm all for it, but seeing youself in the cockpit i'm not sure. Maybe there could be a transpericy feature that could be selected or something, so you could look through the pilot when you need to.

secretone
11-14-2007, 11:56 PM
I think that graphic representations of wounds and death would add to this game's realism.

BG-09
11-15-2007, 05:32 PM
I will say it again. Imagine, that You get PERFECT AIRCARAFT, and then You get "pilot" loking like sack full of potatoes - it will be D E S A S T E R...
The realism of the humans is crucial. If You see real looking peoples, You will know what You are fighting for...

One more thing - I am not sack of potatoes, and thats why I do not want to appear online as sack of potatoes. :lol:

S!

BG-09

Ogdens
11-15-2007, 06:31 PM
A pilot figure blocking the instruments because you can't move like you can in real life is not realism, it's merely representation

BlitzPig_DDT
11-15-2007, 06:37 PM
Good idea- it always has thrown me off being in a cockpit with the controls seeming to move by themselves.

I (and no doubt most) have flown other sims where they have sprites representing you or other people- its only detracting if it looks too 'cartoonish' to me.

Cheers

Triad

Having the pilot only visible from outside actually helps. I'm sitting there with a HOTAS and rudder system, I don't need to see a fake me moving the controls. It will kill frame rates too.

Without seeing "yourself" in the pit, things are cleaner, and you can marvel at the complexity and workings of the pit, while saving frames in the process.

BlitzPig_DDT
11-15-2007, 06:39 PM
A pilot figure blocking the instruments because you can't move like you can in real life is not realism, it's merely representation

Exactly.

But that said, we do need better modeling of G induced fatigue (or rather, to finally get modeling of G-induced fatigue, period).

Bodkin
11-15-2007, 11:03 PM
The only humans in this sim should be the ones behind the computer screen!

Everything else is artificial. Direct processing power to where it counts most - issues involving flight. How many humans do you see at altitude anyway?

BSS_Sniper
11-15-2007, 11:48 PM
I think whats more important than the visual "more real" pilot are the effects incurred by certain maneuvers. For instance, the unrealistic negative g pushover that seems to be so popular should incorporate an aneurysm along with it. Heck, it should kill you. lol Read about any pilots that did extreme neg g pushovers and they'll also mention that they NEVER wanted to do them again. It hurts, A LOT!

Chivas
11-16-2007, 05:37 AM
I personally don't need the pilot modelled, but would much prefer a ground crew animation. If IC is going to model pilot fatigue atleast the playing field will be equal for everyone, but he can't model the 20/20+ vision I used to have. ;) Maybe they should have an over 50 campaign server, hehe.

BSS_Sniper
11-16-2007, 12:46 PM
I personally don't need the pilot modelled, but would much prefer a ground crew animation. If IC is going to model pilot fatigue atleast the playing field will be equal for everyone, but he can't model the 20/20+ vision I used to have. ;) Maybe they should have an over 50 campaign server, hehe.

Or keep track of how much online playing time you have, convert that to years and let your eyes and body "degrade" in suit! lol

igitur70
11-16-2007, 01:42 PM
Since this new piece of art is supposed to be a combat flight simulation, I'm expecting an unequalled level of immersion, which means :

1) a pilot's body modelled, in and out of the aircraft, able to walk around and do the sights,
2) a living airfield, including men at work, singing little birds, sexy ladies wandering in, ambulances and firemen,
3) historical procedures for take off, tactics, navigation, landing, rearm and refuel,
4) a dead-is-dead mode campaign : if you're downed, you restart as another pilot. The few had no respawn option.
5) a dedicated briefing/debriefing room, where all pilots would meet before scrambling, or after landing, what would involve a few animated sequences,

Personnaly, I hope that the game engine is powerful enough to enable future infantry, tank, ship or subsim-oriented developments.

Men, 8-core processors are awaited for the end of the next year,

regards

BlitzPig_DDT
11-16-2007, 03:31 PM
1) a pilot's body modelled, in ... the aircraft

And get in the way of the guages so you can't see them. No way. Leave the insides just as they are now.

You NEED the guages, but you ARE the pilot, so you don't need a second one. Look at your own arms if you really want to so badly.

Blood_Splat
11-16-2007, 03:33 PM
I just don't want ghost town like airfields anymore.

BlitzPig_DDT
11-16-2007, 03:35 PM
I think whats more important than the visual "more real" pilot are the effects incurred by certain maneuvers. For instance, the unrealistic negative g pushover that seems to be so popular should incorporate an aneurysm along with it. Heck, it should kill you. lol Read about any pilots that did extreme neg g pushovers and they'll also mention that they NEVER wanted to do them again. It hurts, A LOT!

You guys really get on a roll, don't ya?

So I guess outside loops would be IMPOSSIBLE then as people couldn't continue to safely fly, IF they even survived it.

Col. Stapp survived 46.2 negative Gs, went through total red-out, was just barely concious, burst all the capilaries in his eyeballs, and was blinded for about a day or so, but his retinas did not detatch, he did not suffer an aneurism, and he did not die.

We will never see that kind of negative G in flight (that was done with a rocket sled designed for testing the effects of Gs on the human body), so we don't have to worry about dying from it, no matter how well it's modeled.

But just as with the endless blackout-riding, there needs to be fatigue modelling to keep things from getting too out of hand.

igitur70
11-16-2007, 04:30 PM
1) a pilot's body modelled, in ... the aircraft

And get in the way of the guages so you can't see them. No way. Leave the insides just as they are now.

You NEED the guages, but you ARE the pilot, so you don't need a second one. Look at your own arms if you really want to so badly.

I'm afraid that someone has decided it for you, kid :

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/viewtopic.php?p=3095&highlight=#3095[/url]

Never thought about being polite ? It may help you in your life.

BSS_Sniper
11-16-2007, 06:13 PM
I'm glad they are going to implement fatigue and that DDT isn't a dev. :P I wouldn't want to have The hulk flying 190's doing outside loops and turning this any more into an arcade that it already is. BTW the G restrictions on ww2 aircraft are on avg +5, -3 to +6, -4. I've seen the bogus -g push overs that should snap wings, cause structural damage and/or hurt or kill pilots.

Please don't reference an extreme example as it doesn't apply here or to the avg pilot in an aircraft. I'm relying on my flight training and job to comment on little things like this. Thx :)

BG-09
11-17-2007, 08:52 AM
Boys, I want o add some more thing to the topic:

WE NEED CIVILIANS!

Women, childrens, and men runing arround the cities when bomb attack begins. They must walk on the streets and scream...for more realism.

I was looking in uTube a film when P-47's are straffing civilians with 50 callibers, they were shooting at horse carts and civilian automobiles and civilian trains! Such a butchery...it is a war simulator? Or I am wrong...

More blood more fun...is this the reality?

Hm....

BG-09

revi
11-17-2007, 11:57 PM
I would love :
* to have an LSO bring me safely onto a carrier deck or give me the go around because I'd not got my speed right.
* some aircrew around the planes, maybe pulling the chocks or sitting on the wings of your P47 taxiing to the runway - airfields are lifeless without people
*some sexy broads in uniform