PDA

View Full Version : How can I return the game and refund the money?

kpapik
05-04-2011, 05:57 PM
I bough the game via Steam. Im playing singleplayer and for the second time the game AUTOMATICALLY installed patch without an option not to install it. My save positions are AGAIN not possible to load.

I was playing the game on hard and it take a while to finish the level. I dont want to start from the start AGAIN.

This is so lame that I cant really believe its happening.

I WANT MY MONEY BACK, I DONT WANT TO PLAY THIS CRAP.

razputin
05-04-2011, 09:01 PM
What a shame you can't sell or transfer games on Steam, I would buy it from you right now...:(

kane1
05-05-2011, 03:01 AM
I bough the game via Steam. Im playing singleplayer and for the second time the game AUTOMATICALLY installed patch without an option not to install it. My save positions are AGAIN not possible to load.

I was playing the game on hard and it take a while to finish the level. I dont want to start from the start AGAIN.

you can try this,
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=16575

Divebomb
05-12-2011, 07:58 AM
there are no refunds on steam. should probably have looked that up before you bought anything on there, but I don't really blame you for failing to figure that out. I've been burned by quite a few things on there as well. no refunds, retail games suddenly requiring steam.

customers getting plowed in the ass by steam again and again

Czynszol
05-14-2011, 07:02 AM
And THATS why i don't buy games on steam...Haha,sometime i cloudn't even log on the account with Red Orchestra,cause "wrong passoword",even if i write good login&passoword.
PS.You can deactivate the code on steam,uninstall the game,put it with code on somthing like... e-buy and wait for costumer.

djsatane
05-14-2011, 07:48 AM
Too bad for you as you wont be able to play Red Orchestra 2...

Czynszol
05-14-2011, 09:50 AM
Why? :) Ill buy it,only because its RO.Ill use my current steam acc.

djsatane
05-14-2011, 02:31 PM
nevermind then I thought someone said they wont play games that must use steam. I havent had single issue with steam for years... although I know many european and other countries have price issues, but if you can find a buddy in country where games cost less u can always setup way to have them gift it to u and u pay them, I do that for few australians.

Divebomb
05-15-2011, 10:10 AM
PS.You can deactivate the code on steam,uninstall the game,put it with code on somthing like... e-buy and wait for costumer.

deactivate the code on steam? nope. there is no such thing. pretty sure it says right in the steam subscriber agreement that codes are tied to accounts "FOREVER"

you can, if a game also uses securom or whatever, deactivate the securom drm. but it will never be deactivated from steam.

Czynszol
05-16-2011, 04:22 PM
deactivate the code on steam? nope. there is no such thing. pretty sure it says right in the steam subscriber agreement that codes are tied to accounts "FOREVER"

you can, if a game also uses securom or whatever, deactivate the securom drm. but it will never be deactivated from steam.

Well,i tough,sometime [about 2 years ago...]i have some game,in somewhere it write "deactivate".It was box ver. too but,it was a loong time ago,
Ps.Sorry about off topic.

djsatane
05-16-2011, 04:45 PM
You cant deactivate codes, once its registered/used that goes for all games that use cd keys/serials it has nothing to do with steam.

konigtiger88
07-25-2011, 07:36 AM

Go to C:\Doc and settings\My Games\MOW AS
Open profile file, and there u have all your saved games!
Open one by one and edit the version on your game! For example, your game start with 1.90.2 version but with patches automatically installed it modifies at 1.96.6! Just replace 1.90.2 with 1.96.6 and save!

After that u cand load any of your saved games, they will not appear in red in Load section of the game!

DMS|Instinct
07-25-2011, 03:30 PM
The topic starter's issue has been solved a while ago. It's in fact as easy as konigtiger88 wrote. You can also disable autoupdates on steam to prevent this from happening.

kane1
07-25-2011, 08:57 PM
Go to C:\Doc and settings\My Games\MOW AS
Open profile file, and there u have all your saved games!
Open one by one and edit the version on your game! For example, your game start with 1.90.2 version but with patches automatically installed it modifies at 1.96.6! Just replace 1.90.2 with 1.96.6 and save!

After that u cand load any of your saved games, they will not appear in red in Load section of the game!

Was this something you discovered or did you read it somewhere?
Thanks DMS I didn't know you could turn off Auto-Update.