PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible to have zoom feature with IL2 on a TrackIR?

Slap
11-06-2007, 02:11 PM
I know the cockpits in generally where not designed to make use of TrackIR's 6DOF but I am wondering if the zoom feature in IL2 could be allowed to work with a TrackIR unit? Or maybe allow the wide and narrow field of views to be allocated on the TrackIR?
Would really ad to the immersion.

Thanks

S!ap

RockStar
11-06-2007, 05:03 PM
It would be great if we could but I don't believe it is possible. LOMAC supports that feature.

6S.Manu
11-06-2007, 06:30 PM
I have the zoom key on my X52... I point my TIR and press the key.

Sokol1
11-06-2007, 10:46 PM
Try this utility: ZoomTracker

http://forum.sukhoi.ru/showthread.php?p=1023368#post1023368

SVMapper and HAT or two joy buttons alow a smooth FOV ZOOM.
http://thommos.com/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=MostPopular

Sokol1

4H_V-man
11-07-2007, 02:15 AM
I've got three views assigned to a hat switch on my HOTAS: wide view, zoom view, and the Shift F1 gunsight view. Having the last one on the hat allows me to better track aircraft as they move behind canopy framework.

BadAim
11-07-2007, 03:00 AM
SoKol, Zoom tracker seems to be just what the Doctor ordered, but the link listed produces a corrupted file. Do you know any more about it Mate? I would appreciate any help, as I don't know the language so I can't even sign up for the forum.

vanderstok
11-07-2007, 11:55 AM
Look here (scroll down to my posts) for an alternative solution using autohotkey :)

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/26310365/m/7131031195?r=7131031195#7131031195

Sokol1
11-07-2007, 11:35 PM
BadAim

I download, extract and install OK.
Made a new ZIP files and put in Yousendit:
http://download.yousendit.com/D177D2EA1B7A368D

Check with your AV, because I don't use none. :wink:

Sokol1

BadAim
11-08-2007, 12:58 AM
Sokol, you rock big time, If I were rich I would fly over there and kiss you. Since I'm not a very big THANK YOU will have to do, oh, and a :D too! Seriously I've been trying to find a way to do this for nearly two years. I really appreciate the tip and the quick response to my trouble, that was waaaay above and beyond the call of duty. Did I say Thanks?

Triad773
11-08-2007, 01:44 AM
Thanks Sokol1- will give it a try soon :D

I've been monkeying around with this too but this looks like the best thing going

Cheers

Triad 8)

vanderstok
11-08-2007, 07:10 AM
Hang on! This actually works with TrackIR?? I have been looking for ages for a tool like this. I will try this out ASAP! :)

I/JG27_Heini
11-08-2007, 07:48 AM
Hi!

Hmmm..for me it is not working, trackIR stays in normal mode, not enhanced, and is not functioning in Il2. I made the keysettings as described in the readme...perhaps someone has a clue?

cu
Heini

Bearcat
11-08-2007, 12:06 PM
I'll have to try this too.. in the meantime I just have a key mapped to > < FoV on my X-45... I look I press I am zoomend. It is all so natural to me now I dont even have to think aboput it.. but I will give it a try.

vanderstok
11-08-2007, 07:52 PM
I'm afraid it doesn't work for me. Has this been tested with TrackIr 4 and the latest driver? I remember that a trick like this was possible in the older TrackIR (software) versions, but not in the latest. On the TrackIR forums I read only one application could have access to the device.

When I run the Util, TrackIR stops working altogether :(

Official Naturalpoint statement about other apps accessing the device: http://forum.naturalpoint.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showthreaded&Number=6390

BadAim
11-08-2007, 10:20 PM
I used it for several hours last night with my TIR4 and had no trouble. I believe I have the latest driver, I try to keep up with that stuff. Don't forget that you have to assign the keys to the FOV settings in game. Also, you have to start TIR first, then zoom tracker, it won't work the other way around.

96th_Nightshifter
11-09-2007, 02:20 AM
I'm afraid it doesn't work for me. Has this been tested with TrackIr 4 and the latest driver? I remember that a trick like this was possible in the older TrackIR (software) versions, but not in the latest. On the TrackIR forums I read only one application could have access to the device.

I have track IR4 as well and eventually got the combination to work (I forgot to set up the FOV keys in game to match the program).

I start Track IR, then start Zoom tracker.
I used the "Key repeat" option with two random (un-assigned in game) keys and I disable the back region option. When you load up your game go to your control options and for the two options "increase FOV" and "Decrease FOV" set up the same two random previously un-assigned keys that you used in the Zoom tracker options and you should be set to go.

Works brilliantly I might add.

vanderstok
11-09-2007, 06:55 AM
Thanks guys, I 'll try again tonight. I used the same keys in zoomtracker as I already have assigned in IL2 for increase/decrease FOV so I still don't understand what I'm doing wrong here. I'll try some different keys and also disable the back region option. See if that will get me anywhere.. :)

vanderstok
11-09-2007, 07:05 PM
Well I changed the keys, disabled back region, did everything in the right order, but no show...

As soon as I've zoom tracker running or had it running, TrackIR doesn't work in IL2 anymore. When the game starts, the blue led doesn't light up.

Even without IL2 started, nothing happens when I press the "Test" button. I'm using TrackIR 4, with Version 4.1.030 - Final B driver.

matip
11-09-2007, 10:55 PM
I have the same problem. No blue led on IL when ZoomTracker is/was running ;-(

BadAim
11-10-2007, 11:14 PM
I have 4.1.030 Final drivers (not final B). I suppose this could be the difference. It's curious because I had no trouble at all, I guess it just goes to show the nature of software and computers.

choctaw111
11-11-2007, 01:03 AM
I have just tested it. I like it very much. Is there a way to get a smooth zoom in and out rather than just "steps"? I know there isn't a way in the controls menu besides the 5 degree steps but has anyone else done this some other way? I guess what bugs me the most is being just between two steps and it switches back and forth between them when I am not intentionally zooming in or out. Other than that it's another top notch no hands control.

BadAim
11-11-2007, 01:16 AM
I've been using the same fov's with the slider on my x52 and it looks much smoother, I wonder if it's perhaps some lag in the interface. I plan on experimenting with that a bit.

vanderstok
11-11-2007, 09:25 AM
I have 4.1.030 Final drivers (not final B). I suppose this could be the difference. It's curious because I had no trouble at all, I guess it just goes to show the nature of software and computers.

Badaim, do you still have the driver version on your HD? It seems Naturalpoint has done a good job in hiding it, I can't download that version anywhere... :(

Tbag
11-12-2007, 10:30 AM
Yes, that would be great, I have the same problem here.

Wild.Bill.Kelso
11-12-2007, 04:15 PM
I'll have to try this too.. in the meantime I just have a key mapped to > < FoV on my X-45... I look I press I am zoomend. It is all so natural to me now I dont even have to think aboput it.. but I will give it a try.Yea, I saw you posted this in another thread and it works pretty good. But I have the zoom out send the keystroke in a macro about 5 times so I can zoom out fast if I loose track of my target. It works pretty good.

choctaw111
11-12-2007, 04:38 PM
Is there a way to zoom in or out in smaller than 5 degree increments? I asked this earlier but I worded it differently. To be able to zoom in or out in a smooth transition would be incredible :D

Wild.Bill.Kelso
11-12-2007, 04:49 PM
Is there a way to zoom in or out in smaller than 5 degree increments? I asked this earlier but I worded it differently. To be able to zoom in or out in a smooth transition would be incredible :DYou can do it smoothly with the mouse. I think you hold the mouse button down and move the mouse in/out. Maybe you could setup the mouse on your throttle if you have one?

choctaw111
11-13-2007, 05:48 PM
Is there a way to zoom in or out in smaller than 5 degree increments? I asked this earlier but I worded it differently. To be able to zoom in or out in a smooth transition would be incredible :DYou can do it smoothly with the mouse. I think you hold the mouse button down and move the mouse in/out. Maybe you could setup the mouse on your throttle if you have one?

Is there anyway to do it in TrackIR? I didn't know you could do it with the mouse. I will have to try it, but it will still do me no good that way.

choctaw111
11-13-2007, 05:51 PM
I tried the mouse trick with no luck.

manfromx
11-14-2007, 12:34 AM
Here is the link for the old "Final" (not Final B).
Dunno if it'll help!

http://media.naturalpoint.com/software/TrackIR_4.1.030.Final.zip

Tbag
11-14-2007, 08:19 PM
Thanks manfx but you're right, no luck so far.

I've uninstalled TIR and Zoomtracker first and then installed both again, this time with the driver you supplied. I set ZT on Key repeat and choose two keys. Then closed ZT, I opened TIR, opened ZT again and then IL2. The keys in IL2 were already mapped correctly but no luck. Did I forget anything. Are the TIR settings important?

BadAim
11-17-2007, 01:35 PM
Guys, do those of you who are having trouble have your Z axis turned off in Track IR? I had my extra axes turned off and had to re-check Z. Just thought of that, hope it helps.

vanderstok
11-17-2007, 06:41 PM
Nope, z-axis is enabled. TrackIR doesn't work at all when zoomtracker runs (has run) so it's not just one axis...

BadAim
11-18-2007, 02:31 AM
Damn, I was grasping at straws anyway. I just can't imagine what's different. What I don't get is why TIR stops working all together.

Wild.Bill.Kelso
03-10-2008, 03:54 PM
I just got around to trying this, and did get it to work using the Key Repeat mode with Numpad+ & Numpad-. It worked ok, but as the readme says, it will probably work better in IL2 using the Key Sections mode with all separate keys.

I tried it again using the Key Sections mode using the Ctrl+1, Ctrl+2.... Ctrl+0 keys, and for some reason, it does not end the keystrokes.

Does anybody know if ZoomTracker can send combined keys, like Ctrl+1??

WBK

123-Wulf-123
03-12-2008, 09:13 AM
Has anyone figured out the problem yet? I have the same experience TIR simply stops working?

lelek
05-18-2008, 08:09 AM
Hi, I had the same problem as above with zoomtracker so I did a bit of code in GlovePie http://carl.kenner.googlepages.com/glovepie_download.

PIE.FrameRate = 120 Hz
If (var.x=0) then
var.min=-5
var.max=9
EndIf
var.t=(RealTrackIR.z*50)
if (key.Delete) then
var.min=-13
var.max=1
var.x=1
ElseIf (key.End) then
var.min=-5
var.max=9
var.x=1
ElseIf (key.PageDown) then
var.min=-1
var.max=13
var.x=1
EndIf
if (var.t<var.min) var.t=var.min
if (var.t>var.max) var.t=var.max
if (key.Multiply) var.z=0
if ((var.t-var.z)>1) then
key.f12=true
key.f12=false
var.z=var.z+1
ElseIf ((var.t-var.z)<-1) then
key.f11=true
key.f11=false
var.z=var.z-1
EndIf

Instructions:

1. Copy - paste the above code into GlovePIE and save
2. Start your TrackIR / FreeTrack software and set (*) as the recenter key (or change key.Multiply in the code into what ever you have set as recenter)
3. RUN the GlovePIE code
4. Start il2 Sturmovik and set f11, f12 as increaseFOV, decreaseFOV respectively (or change key.f11, key.f12 in the code into what ever you have set for FOV - increase / decrease in il2)
5. Play!

If you want to change sensitivity of zooming you can do it by changing the number 50 in 'var.t=(RealTrackIR.z*50)'
Increasing the number will increase sensitivity and vice versa.