PDA

View Full Version : Videos from Igromir 2007

Ubaku
11-05-2007, 05:56 PM
We finally got our first video from Igromir 2007. 30 minutes long.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6072047574341265283&hl=en

As soon as more videos appear I will post them here.

ciypriyan
11-05-2007, 06:25 PM
wooooooowwwww

Freak Of Nature
11-05-2007, 06:53 PM
thanks Ubaku I was starting to think that there will be no video :)

pook
11-05-2007, 06:57 PM
Very very bad physics semi - trailer, exaggerated acceleration retardation, automatic load semi-trailer????. This is Game. :-( No simulator. :( :x :roll:

Freak Of Nature
11-05-2007, 07:02 PM
don't judge game from videos, maybe it just looks bad, or even if it is, everything will be fixed for sure ;)

ciypriyan
11-05-2007, 07:05 PM
welcome to the real world of rig`n`roll :D

Flagman_20
11-05-2007, 08:29 PM
I think the video looks good.
I didn't like the trailer loading automatically, but, everything else looks good. Besides, if we just start to point out the bad things about the game, will it be worth a wait? :mrgreen: :wink:

1Truck
11-05-2007, 08:37 PM
I wish we could hear sound and see it better, the lighting is awful. It's great to see how the game works now though. The effects.....look off.

Ubaku
11-05-2007, 09:02 PM
I dont know why you guys are complaining. I actually like it. I mean its a game not real life. And the physics look fine to me.

Here is my impression from this video.

Excellent graphics, We really dont have to race in the game but can deliver cargo and go where we want like in other truck sims, complete 360 degree views unlike some other truck sims, very realistic interior.

And remember this is a demo which is still very buggy and was filmed in horrible lighting conditions, and horrible video quality after it was uploaded to google video. This demo is not the entire game but just a small incomplete piece.

Kolorabi
11-05-2007, 09:24 PM
I think it looks cool. I've always preferred the more fun and fast-paced gameplay of King of the Road to the IMO quite boring gameplay of the competing truck simulators (the games from SCS Software, mostly), and it looks like Rig'n'Roll will follow King of the Road. Which is great. :)

1Truck
11-06-2007, 01:52 AM
I dont know why you guys are complaining. I actually like it. I mean its a game not real life. And the physics look fine to me.

Here is my impression from this video.

Excellent graphics, We really dont have to race in the game but can deliver cargo and go where we want like in other truck sims, complete 360 degree views unlike some other truck sims, very realistic interior.

And remember this is a demo which is still very buggy and was filmed in horrible lighting conditions, and horrible video quality after it was uploaded to google video. This demo is not the entire game but just a small incomplete piece.

I should have been more specific. I'm sure the lighting in the game and the graphics are excellent, but just from recording a screen with a camera, everything looks worse. I still like the videos though, they show good footage of what we should (sort of) expect.

Bombakas
11-06-2007, 10:00 AM
Awsome 33 minutes video was but realy this demo is good for release for public.We all need expo 2007 rign roll demo :roll: Please? We are tired waiting rign roll in six years or so :roll:

bakingcookies
11-06-2007, 03:05 PM
The handling looks sorta weird......

roebedoes
11-06-2007, 03:40 PM
wowwwwwwwwwwwww i have now sound with this video is that right

Ubaku
11-06-2007, 09:58 PM
Yes this video has no sound. He did this on purpose. Imagine how loud it is at the convention center. In fact you dont have to imagine just watch the videos from last year.

bigbubba467
11-06-2007, 10:45 PM
Awsome 33 minutes video was but realy this demo is good for release for public.We all need expo 2007 rign roll demo :roll: Please? We are tired waiting rign roll in six years or so :roll:
I am sure that they are worried that we will get bad impressions of the game but we are also getting bad impressions when we dont see the game in 6 - XXXX number of years. a demo would be more better to keep people more interested. like how rig of rod is just say that it is a beta version for demo. people can expect bugs just not major ones.

USA Driver
11-07-2007, 06:48 PM
Holy cow. I love the main menu background. :D

number9ark
11-07-2007, 10:08 PM
The clip doesnt work for me , I guess something happen to it. And Ubaku what other truck sim are you talking about ? the world has never had a truck sim yet just cheesey attempts .

Bombakas
11-07-2007, 10:27 PM
The clip doesnt work for me , I guess something happen to it. And Ubaku what other truck sim are you talking about ? the world has never had a truck sim yet just cheesey attempts .
Be sure you have Adobe Flash Player :? If you try this flash player then before uncheck Google Toolbar (Not required for operation of Flash Player) and then continue install.
http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash

USA Driver
11-08-2007, 05:52 AM
Heah. It's too bad we can't make requests.
Or I would be wanting to see the guy traveling on I-80 full length. :mrgreen:
Or, AT LEAST, Sacramento to San Francisco. :twisted:

nicknackpaddywack
11-08-2007, 05:16 PM

thats because its keyboard, keyboards on driving games suck.

bakingcookies
11-08-2007, 07:15 PM

thats because its keyboard, keyboards on driving games suck.No, really??? :?:

USA Driver
11-09-2007, 12:14 AM
-snip-

Bombakas
11-09-2007, 12:25 AM
We finally got our first video from Igromir 2007. 30 minutes long.

As soon as more videos appear I will post them here. Google deleted this video.We're sorry, but this video may not be available. :(

:D stop worrying that 30 minutes long video mp4 file is downloadable at:
http://forum.kasperskyclub.com/index.php?automodule=downloads&req=idx&cmd=viewdetail&f_id=252

Ubaku
11-09-2007, 12:27 AM
The video is still there. Click the link.

Bombakas
11-09-2007, 12:31 AM
I got still same message :? We're sorry, but this video may not be available.

USA Driver
11-09-2007, 12:41 AM
The video is still there. Click the link.

Link works for me as well. Have to view it threw IE.
Apparently it won't work threw Firefox. :P

I know, I could probley drive better with a keyboard than that guy. But I believe he was showing the truck/trailer handling and braking abilities.
Since this is a teaser, it helps show the would-be player what he's going seeing and what s/he's going to need to deal with in this game.

thats because its keyboard, keyboards on driving games suck.He was using a wheel. You can see it. But with his erratic driving, he wasn't USING it.
The guy drives like a complete dummy at times. Makes me want to push him off and show him how it's done. :lol:

Ron Falco
11-09-2007, 02:24 AM
Man, whoever was playing sure can't drive. :?

The truck that passed when he got arrested the first time was behind hiim earlier in the game if you payed attention, so the arresting cutsecene isn't entirely repetitive.

Pete379x
11-09-2007, 02:31 AM
The handling of the truck looks bad :? It must be a demo that there were playing and the steering.

doordie
11-09-2007, 05:44 AM
guys let me remind you..

this was supposed to be the game to break into the main-stream with.. for the developers and publishers (I mean both trucking games in general, and respect for eastern european game industry)

i'm talking about changing the minds of some close-minded north american gamers who are brainwashed by massive companies like EA and Sony..

it is quite possible that they decided to not be a simulator at all.. since it would only capture a limited audience..

it is also possible that the gameplay will not be anything like in this video so stop judging it so fast...

that's my opinion. be sure to shout at me if you disagree :)

Evgeny
11-09-2007, 05:55 AM
I agree with doordie, a simulation game may be created for very small audience, just for the real sim fans, but R'n'R is a product for a massive consumption, just to let everyone try it and enjoy.

number9ark
11-09-2007, 08:47 AM
I personally avoid anything EA and sony if I wanted noobish crappy titles id download 3dgame maker and develope my own . It's cheaper with the same results .

I was trying to open that in firefox , IE worked .

bakingcookies
11-10-2007, 04:48 AM
I agree with doordie, a simulation game may be created for very small audience, just for the real sim fans, but R'n'R is a product for a massive consumption, just to let everyone try it and enjoy.And that's why you're not in developing. Because that idea completely sucks. I'm not trying to cut you down, but train and flight simulator do very well, probably more than anyone thought they would.

JOleg
11-10-2007, 11:41 AM
On the other hand ... why make most of the things realistic and close to life (accurate truck modeling, damage modeling, true to life locations, city names, truck names, speeds, and lots of other things), spend 5+ years developing it and not do the physics right? Just what's the point?

Let me tell you just one thing - if physics is arcade like and obviously not even close to realistic, I will not play the game. And it's not that I'm a total simmer, but physics is the least thing I can ask for from a game which is tryig to nominate itself for the ultimate trucking simulator. It will never be a simulator if physics is not true to life.

Easy example ... NFS Pro Streat was trying to position itself as a world's first Street racing simulator. Damage modeling, accent on physics and all that. Just yesterday I've tried the demo and man it sucks. Just one evening was enough for me of NFS Pro Street. Physics sucks, so the whole game sucks.

See, it's not necessary to make other things very true to life like for example, buying new tires every N months spending 200 EUR for just one tire... I'm sure gamers would find that an overkill ... but physics... is where devs should spend more time making it true to life.

I hope Rig'n'Roll is not going to be like NFS PS physics wise.

pook
11-10-2007, 01:32 PM
I agree with doordie, a simulation game may be created for very small audience, just for the real sim fans, but R'n'R is a product for a massive consumption, just to let everyone try it and enjoy.

Yes get business. But I don't see why no 2-3 levels of. Arcade (RnR now) / semi simulator / simulator. Sales in addition more and all get it what they like. (for example in a way GTR)

doordie
11-11-2007, 10:48 PM
you're absolutely right.. GTR way would be best! (variable difficulty/levels of simulation)

its like having 3 games in one..

-total arcade style (for noobs)
-semi-pro (realistic but with ABS. Traction control, etc)
-full-simulation (sensitive throttle/brake, steering, no driver aids, etc)

That would be awesome

number9ark
11-12-2007, 07:02 AM
IMHO

If a company developed a true to life truck simulation . where if you Had to press that fifthwheel up under that trailor and slide it up onto the lock and lock it into place . You had to listen to that truck wined up hard to get moving through the gears at a slow pace with cab twisting jerking poppin up on the right front just a little .
All the seasons of the year changing on me as the calender never stops .
If the truck took a turn to fast it rolled over or jack knifed making me have to replace the entire truck if the damage was to bad . Id just require a very curvy stretch of highway and 100 mile trip between to loading docks . I wouldnt need the rest of the world because Id be addicted for the rest of my life making that 1 trip back and forth .

This is my hope someday for a truck sim , I dont care if the graphics are back in 1990 as long as the rest fall into place .

Im sure we will all find RignRoll to be better than our other selections of phsyicsless truck crap thats on the market. I am ready for something new and different that works in xp . 8)

and

guys let me remind you..

this was supposed to be the game to break into the main-stream with.. for the developers and publishers (I mean both trucking games in general, and respect for eastern european game industry)

I thought this was what the first Hard truck was for along with the rest of their awsome titles which I own some of . IMHO