PDA

View Full Version : Got a reply from Igor Belago

Ubaku
11-05-2007, 05:50 AM
I got a reply from Igor Belago since its monday and he came to work and read my email. The news arnt bad at all. I'm sorry I can't translate for you right now, I will do it properly later. Here is the original link in Russian. http://forums.games.1c.ru/?type=thread&msgid=1954886

Edit: Evgeny has properly translated the letter into English. Thank you very much.

Hi,

Two versions of the demo were presented at IGROMIR. The first one was from the previous IGROMIR and it was presented to let people get acquainted with the “Single Player” mode. The second one represents the mode, that has been just developed, it’s called “Instant Order”. This demo is very raw, so there may be some bugs. This mode was created to let people get acquainted with almost the whole ingame territory, the capabilities of particular supply depots, the capabilities of particular trucks. We think, that such acquaintance allows a player to choose the optimal strategy in the final version of the game.
In the second demo almost the whole ingame territory and most trucks were presented.

The things, that left to do:
1) The plot subsystem. Here the big part of development is left.
2) The game world. Here mostly the painterly modifying is left.
3) Trucks. The same as for 2).
4) Total testing. It’s being done permanently.

As for the release date, I can tell anything precise now. And not because I don’t want to or it’s a secret. Just because there some factors, that are hard to predict. But I can tell, that it’s not sooner than in 2-3 months. We want the game to be released as much as you do and we do our best to achieve it. Even developers’ stamina has its limits.

Thank you. Igor.

GinXeng
11-05-2007, 07:02 AM
Do that good make demo people make realease date and the demo single player. :shock:

JOleg
11-05-2007, 08:02 AM
Thanks a lot Ubaku!
Now I wonder/curious, how are you going to translate the word "трехжильных" :D LOL

bakingcookies
11-05-2007, 10:55 AM
So, basically what he said is the release is difficult to say, but no more than 2-3 months at the most?

Flagman_20
11-05-2007, 11:09 AM
I believe he ment it will not be realesed in the next 2/3 months.

The translation was tough to understand, but, I think I got it. Not bad news at all.

roebedoes
11-05-2007, 03:17 PM
no as usualy this game will be delayed to next year :shock:

Holland1994
11-05-2007, 04:11 PM
no as usualy this game will be delayed to next year :shock:

This we knewed already, but now there are problems with the game...
I know it can be very hard, but after finishing other products, that has cost a huge amount of time.
Now there are some problems with the game.
Its really disponting me,

P.S. I see you make some mistakes, (in English), that is typicaly Dutch.
(You are Dutch is'nt it? x :mrgreen:

1Truck
11-05-2007, 08:35 PM
2 demos? I'm confused :lol: . It won't be released in the next 2-3 months. They don't know when themselves. The game looks great, I hope they can release it in 2008. That should be the final year. (of course I told myself that in 2005). I hope Igor will say something about multiplayer soon.

bigbubba467
11-07-2007, 11:50 AM
2 demos? I'm confused :lol: . It won't be released in the next 2-3 months. They don't know when themselves. The game looks great, I hope they can release it in 2008. That should be the final year. (of course I told myself that in 2005). I hope Igor will say something about multiplayer soon.

i thought that multiplayer was dead.. like not happening anymore. hmm 2 demos would be interesting to bad they cant let us have one of them to tie down the time of waiting for it.

thanks for posting ubaku great work as always
bigb

USA Driver
11-07-2007, 06:19 PM
2 demos? I'm confused :lol: .
According to what I saw, Demo 1 is Single Player. Demo 2 is Multiplayer.

2-3 months sounds like it could be released by January or February of next year! :o
But I wouldn't hold my breath. :?

Freak Of Nature
11-07-2007, 08:11 PM
Haven't you heard yet? Multiplayer is removed :(

Bombakas
11-07-2007, 09:15 PM
Haven't you heard yet? Multiplayer is removed :(who wrote that and where?

JOleg
11-07-2007, 09:46 PM
Evgeny said, on behald of Softlab-NSK. It was posted here on this forum. This thread:
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/viewtopic.php?t=140
first post

Bombakas
11-07-2007, 10:20 PM
Evgeny said, on behald of Softlab-NSK. It was posted here on this forum. This thread:
first postThanks for search Oleg 8)
Well i guess then they plan include multiplayer later with patch or expansion pack :?

USA Driver
11-08-2007, 02:19 AM
first post
Hmm. I think I see what they mean by "2 demos".
1 was an old version. The 2nd was a new version.

GinXeng
11-08-2007, 04:23 AM
first postThanks for search Oleg 8)
Well i guess then they plan include multiplayer later with patch or expansion pack :?Yea right and if they do, do you have any idea how many years they will take on that one.

Evgeny
11-08-2007, 06:35 AM
Well, here is the official translation of the letter I've made.

Hi.
Two versions of the demo were presented at IGROMIR. The first one was from the previous IGROMIR and it was presented to let people get acquainted with the “Single Player” mode. The second one represents the mode, that has been just developed, it’s called “Instant Order”. This demo is very raw, so there may be some bugs. This mode was created to let people get acquainted with almost the whole ingame territory, the capabilities of particular supply depots, the capabilities of particular trucks. We think, that such acquaintance allows a player to choose the optimal strategy in the final version of the game.
In the second demo almost the whole ingame territory and most trucks were presented.

The things, that left to do:
1) The plot subsystem. Here the big part of development is left.
2) The game world. Here mostly the painterly modifying is left.
3) Trucks. The same as for 2).
4) Total testing. It’s being done permanently.

As for the release date, I can tell anything precise now. And not because I don’t want to or it’s a secret. Just because there some factors, that are hard to predict. But I can tell, that it’s not sooner than in 2-3 months. We want the game to be released as much as you do and we do our best to achieve it. Even developers’ stamina has its limits.

Thank you. Igor.

pook
11-08-2007, 11:50 AM
Well. What about physics Trucks and semi - trailers. It is ready??? Physics is absolutely ghastly. Largely worst is physics semi - trailers. I want it know. When the won't demo, so how so Shall I know. If such physics, so me RnR out of own line. I like simulators and no games. It already 18Wos serial story has better physics semi - trailers. And that is 18WoS arcade.

Freak Of Nature
11-08-2007, 02:12 PM
Then go and play 18Wos, Simulation doesn't mean real life you know....

pook
11-08-2007, 03:07 PM

I'm sorry. I very badly speak English. I 18WoS games absolutely have no use for. Wanted be but say, that the 18 Wos has better physics semi - trailer. That is all. Misunderstand why should RnR to me have bad physics, when says simulator. I very pleased on RnR. But one disillusion behind second. Now already be in the pits with RnR :cry: Much would wish be past with RnR excited :wink:

Ubaku
11-08-2007, 03:20 PM
Thank you very much Evgeny for translating the letter, I just do not have time right now to do it.

USA Driver
11-09-2007, 12:13 AM
Yes. Thank you for the translation. :)

Ron Falco
11-11-2007, 02:55 AM
first post

He didn't say it was removed, he just said it wasn't planned to be in the final release. But, as we all know, things can change...

number9ark
11-11-2007, 07:42 PM

I think some things need to be explained a little . simulation simulates "REAL Life" as close to as Real as possible . I Think the very first thing for any real world game at the beginning of development should start out with the game engine and the game designers giving the game gravity . when you drop the apple it falls to the ground , as on the the quake engine .. real world titles cannot ever be a simulator without having gravity, gravity controls phsyics,motion,movement,weight,friction etc...

and thank you for the translation ,

JOleg
11-11-2007, 08:43 PM
number9ark,

short and to the point. Well said. And I also agree.

Ubaku
11-11-2007, 09:37 PM
number9ark,

Yes gravity and also inertia which depends on mass. In some of the videos the trucks stop in an instant which is of course nonsense. Newton's first law. In all of the interviews they bragged about how realistic the physics of the game will be and how they consulted real truck manufacturers to get the most realism. Was this just talk like everything else about this game?

I hope these are just bugs, and I hope these bugs will be fixed.

GinXeng
11-12-2007, 03:06 AM
Wow ubaku your real smart.