PDA

View Full Version : adjusting machinguns convergence

labecane
11-03-2007, 07:03 PM
hello Oleg,
for the futur SoW BoB, it will be so immersive to have the posibility
to make adjustments for the convergence of machinguns as it was in real
in a special hangar; planes were maintained strongly and pilots could pratice and adjust the machinguns to be sure to make better shooting
in flight and dogfight; some targets were installed on different distances to calibrate the shooting.
it will be the first time that one can see that in a flight simulation
what do you think about that :?:
sorry for my poor english....... :oops:
and thank's for all you job ! :D

Snuff_Pidgeon
11-04-2007, 01:05 AM
thats already an option labecane.

GADGET
11-07-2007, 02:46 PM
The Aces High approach is pretty good.

Each pair of guns can be adjusted individually, plus a .TARGETXXX function where a huge target plate appears floating in middle air at XXX yards in front of the aircraft and you can check impatcs and grouping at various distances, speeds, attitudes, etc.

choctaw111
11-11-2007, 03:01 AM
What Labecane is asking is something that I had asked for long ago. An actual gunnery range type thing where you can adjust EACH gun, not just pairs of guns, like Aces High. They would actually have targets in front of the plane, while it was parked on the ground, to adjust the aim of the guns. For the tail draggers they had a special "thing" to prop up the tail so the guns would shoot level across the ground at the targets. As I said earlier, each gun could be adjusted for aim. If the pilot wanted all of the guns to shoot into one spot at a certain range then they could. Or if the pilot preferred, a more of a shotgun, spread type pattern at a given range to increase the chances of a hit.
Here is to hoping that each gun's aim is adjustable and that we have a gunnery range to test fire them. :wink:

Vigilant
11-11-2007, 04:08 AM
What Labecane is asking is something that I had asked for long ago. An actual gunnery range type thing where you can adjust EACH gun, not just pairs of guns, like Aces High. They would actually have targets in front of the plane, while it was parked on the ground, to adjust the aim of the guns. For the tail draggers they had a special "thing" to prop up the tail so the guns would shoot level across the ground at the targets. As I said earlier, each gun could be adjusted for aim. If the pilot wanted all of the guns to shoot into one spot at a certain range then they could. Or if the pilot preferred, a more of a shotgun, spread type pattern at a given range to increase the chances of a hit.
Here is to hoping that each gun's aim is adjustable and that we have a gunnery range to test fire them. :wink:
That would be awesome, for sure.

DKoor
11-11-2007, 11:58 AM
The Aces High approach is pretty good.

Each pair of guns can be adjusted individually, plus a .TARGETXXX function where a huge target plate appears floating in middle air at XXX yards in front of the aircraft and you can check impatcs and grouping at various distances, speeds, attitudes, etc.+1

GADGET
11-12-2007, 11:38 AM
On the other hand, I have to admit that for historic accuracy the iL-2 convergece of Spits V (a very weird thing) is very well modelled.

Kudos to Oleg on this subject.

More important than convergence, I found that from ver. 4.04 (I think) the targets gain/loose definition just on the 300 m mark, right the distance at which a trained pilot shoot, or starts thinking about pulling that trigger. This is really annoying.

A 500 meters switch from boxy airplanes to hi-definition ones would be a better compromise, but again I don't know the impact that should have on framerates.

Wild.Bill.Kelso
11-12-2007, 07:55 PM
I like this idea. It would be nice to be able to actually visualize how big an object should be for where your guns are aligned.