PDA

View Full Version : Map Editor

aleray
10-30-2007, 04:51 PM
Can we please get an update on the status of an English version of the Map Editor. It is definitely not a "Rich multiplayer" experience only playing the same 4 maps over and over and over.

Taken from the official game website:

Rich multiplayer either in hot-seat, lan or network. Battle up to 4 players, save an unfinished game, exchange sides and even create your own maps thanks to a thoroughly realized map editor.

Guardian
10-30-2007, 05:05 PM
I second to the plea :)

asadex
10-30-2007, 10:03 PM
I quote!!!
Is not possible to say that there is an editor when there is not!!!

Evgeny
10-31-2007, 05:30 AM
We're working on the mission pack now, so stay tuned! :wink:

aleray
10-31-2007, 05:43 PM
No, not a mission pack. What about the Map Editor that is supposed to be included with the game?

Guardian
10-31-2007, 06:12 PM
oooh boy, Evgenyj, now You're fried :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

...Of course, mission pack is always handy 8)

aleray
10-31-2007, 07:09 PM
A mission pack is handy and welcome, but where is the Map Editor? There is a russian version of the map editor, and people in russia (I assume) are using it to make new maps. Where is the English Version that is listed on the official game website as a thoroughly realized map editor.???

Skelos
10-31-2007, 08:07 PM
A mission pack is handy and welcome, but where is the Map Editor?

We are doing our best to translate Map Editor in english. We are working on it and we are adding new features and script commands.

Soon it'll be available, I hope.
In addition we are working on new campain and new story.

Your interest to our game is very inspiring.

asadex
10-31-2007, 11:37 PM
Yes but somebody spents his money for a game within a map editor as said on the game site

Guardian
11-01-2007, 05:53 AM
Ok guys, enough, if You make them angry that'll be the end of our hopes for Map Editor, not to mention Random Map Generator (that's my personal love, You see :wink: )
Skelos, good to know, WE. ARE. WAITING. Salivating a bit, but still :D

And true, it'd be good to, khem, modify main site to prevent people from getting confused/angry... Like, "Map Editor for english version is under construction and will be released with oncoming expansion pack, upgraded with new options and improved interface" or something.

Did I mention already that You'd make Guardian very, very happy if "new options" would be either RMG or skirmish mode? :wink: :lol: 8) Or both?

murteas
11-01-2007, 02:59 PM
Did I mention already that You'd make Guardian very, very happy if "new options" would be either RMG or skirmish mode? Or both?

Here's my vote for these options as well!!!

bam65
11-01-2007, 03:26 PM
The game hasn't quite gotten to the U.S. yet so I'm looking forward to it's arrival. That being said, I want to put in my vote for a random map generator too. RMGs make good games great. :wink:

Kaerius
11-01-2007, 04:26 PM
I'm also looking forward to a map editor.

A couple of hopes of mine relating to it:
That it will allow us to create our own campaigns.
That it will allow us to make our own troops for such campaigns.

For the second one, it'd be ok if it just allowed us to reuse existing graphics, however it'd have to let us pick stats, perks available to the unit and upgrade trees.

aleray
11-01-2007, 04:34 PM
We are doing our best to translate Map Editor in english. We are working on it and we are adding new features and script commands.

In addition we are working on new campain and new story.

Your interest to our game is very inspiring.

Thanks for the update. Hopefully an English version will be released soon.

Glabro
11-01-2007, 10:56 PM
Take your time, guys. Good is always worth waiting. Besides, The Witcher occupies me full-time at the moment!

I await the new stuff with interest.

Guardian
11-02-2007, 05:56 PM
Take your time, guys. Good is always worth waiting. Besides, The Witcher occupies me full-time at the moment!

I await the new stuff with interest.
Same here, finally a proper game, I looooove Geralt's stories.

So yes, do Your best, we'll be waiting :D

asadex
11-06-2007, 10:54 PM
Why is not possible to install and use the russian map editor?

jombee
11-10-2007, 12:15 AM

Thanks for the update. Very much looking forward to the English Map Editor.

asadex
11-20-2007, 11:27 AM
Thanks thanks but i still havn't seen the promised editor

Alex Mars
12-10-2007, 05:03 PM
What is the word on the English language version of the editor? As soon as it is released I'll purchase a copy of the game.