PDA

View Full Version : airport lights

carlingo
04-25-2011, 01:02 AM
Hi,
maybe it will be a stupid question, but it is driving me crazy.
i have read that in the radio options, you can ask for landing, take off, etc.
one of the options is request light in the airport, but i canot see anything when i ask for it.
is it only for special airports? conditions? ...somone can tell me something??
many many thanks

_RAAF_Smouch
04-25-2011, 02:09 AM
You have to had placed the lights at the airfield in the FMB and select the appropriate side colour, eg Red or Blue and then I believe place a Red or Blue Home base on that airfield.

Then you should get the lights turn on when you ask for them. If there is any enemy A/C within the home base circle then the ground control will not turn the lights on.

hope that helps. Also read the guide for further info. ;)

carlingo
04-25-2011, 03:37 AM
thanks

i have just tried so, and nothing...
anybody who has tried this and works for him?
in the manual o guide i have, i cant find nothing clear, any links?

thanks

Ventura
04-26-2011, 04:49 PM
As RAAF Smouch said, create a mission in FMB and place your lights. Request runway lights and they'll come on in about 5-8 seconds.

..or just dload a custom mission that has the lights built in
Shameless Plug: My "Pacific Islands template" has em on both fields, fully populated and you can build your own mission around it.

(they work, I just tried it.)

carlingo
04-27-2011, 01:24 AM
thanks to both boys,

i tried ventura map and discover what i was doing wrong, stupid thing as i thought, i didnt mark to the lights any army ( blue or red) so, always were on.

another question, do you use light number 4? it seems more powerful, but i have to be near to see it, otherways disappear. at first i though it depends of landscape view but i try the perfect mode but is the same. just this is curius, i dont realy mind, knowing yet hot to activate the others ones.

_RAAF_Smouch
04-28-2011, 11:20 PM
Light #1 is a softer white, #2 is green I think and #3 is red.

If you think that they are not bright enough then, what I do is to put 2-3 on top of each other, which will increase the brilliance of the light.

With the new ability in FMB to copy/paste objects such as these you can do this step for one set and the paste them along the runway as you need.

Just be mindful that the more objects you use, it may increase the load time for a Multiplayer map.

Have fun.