PDA

View Full Version : RAF BOB campaign with new voice packs

Slap
10-28-2007, 07:12 AM
Check out Compans latest BOB campaign. The excellent RAF voice pack has transformed this game and I would strongly recommend that 1C consult with Compans for their upcoming SOW:BOB.

http://www.simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2362469#Post2362469

S!ap

76.IAP Männis
10-28-2007, 10:13 AM
Yes I've been using this since a couple of days now and I find it realy great. It's the best voice pack i've seen (heard) till present.
And the Campaigns good to :lol:

FlatSpinMan
10-28-2007, 10:53 AM
He has done excellent work alright. He really has created agreat sense of immersion through the skins, great voice pack and the amazing amount of work he has doen on the map. The missions have quite a "real" feeling to them too, without taking seven hours and having to fly in a straight line over water.

Definitely give this one a look. His other campaign, "With No.32 squadron in France" is also a cracker.

jamesdietz
10-29-2007, 04:05 PM
Just downloaded it...Voice packs are terrific change...Oleg should take note...I have only two complaints ...one - the new RAF pack seems to have eliminated some of the "command responces "from my flight. I get nothing if I ask them to tighten or loosen formation, and I miss a few more( I've only flown two missions so I can't be sure if this is just a fluke or not..) I DID note that there was another RAF Voice folder within the RAF Voice folder that seemed to be a duplicate of the Voice actors first shown...not at all sure what this is all about...Two - The station commander seems a bit....um...peevish about air traffic around his aerodrome...perhaps a trip to his "Local" is in order...?
Not if I could only pick up Ray Noble , carroll Gibbons or Jack Hylton on my RT my life would be complete! :D

Slap
10-30-2007, 06:20 AM
I also noticed the duplicate voice folder James and I ended up deleting it thinking it must have been a error of sorts; the sounds work fine all the same. Have not tested command responses yet thought, just been trying to stick to my leader like superglue :)

"No no no no!.." Yes the poor old chap is definitely having a bad hair day :D

I think you can install your own music and have it playing in-game with IL2...Don't know if you can turn it off on the fly though without having to go to the menu system...Would be cool though.

S!ap

Talisman
10-30-2007, 09:35 AM
The great thing about the voice pack with this campaign is that the main characters have been given a HUMAN PERSONALITY! This is wonderful from an immersion perspective.

I hope Oleg and team can reflect this sort of character personality in the actor's speech for BOB SOW.

Happy landings all,

Talisman

Slap
10-30-2007, 07:53 PM
James, confirmed from Compans that you can delete the extra GB folder. Also check my original link at the top of page for feedback on your command responses query.

Hopefully Comp will pop in here at some point and stop me being a middle man =)

S!ap

http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/4102/sofewposter741209vc3.jpg

Compans
10-30-2007, 08:16 PM
Thanks Slap and everyone else. I'm glad you're enjoying this.

Regarding 'tighten/loosen formation etc...' you should have given yourself the rank of Flt Sgt before starting the campaign. As a lower rank you have no command over the section. You're there to do as you're told!
I just checked the commands you mentioned in QMB and they work fine for me. Let me know if you have any further probs. There'll be a follow on with second stage of the battle coming later.

S! Comp

Seeker
11-03-2007, 02:56 PM
All the links I can find point to part two of this campaign.

Any one know where part 1 is hosted?

Slap
11-03-2007, 04:32 PM
Here you go Seeker:

http://mission4today.com/index.php?name=Downloads&file=details&id=2883

S!ap

JG52Uther
11-04-2007, 12:31 PM
Amazing work! Oleg could learn a lot from you and the other top campaign makers out there! :D

choctaw111
11-05-2007, 02:48 AM
I listened to the new voice acting. Sounds GREAT. I can't wait to try it out in the campaign when I get some time.