PDA

View Full Version : First Online kill!

Skoshi Tiger
04-20-2011, 03:59 PM
Not really much to brag about because the 109 flew in front of me and all i did was hold down the trigger! But Still! One cross on the side of my plane.

The server that I was on was just testing how things work with a few people comming and going. It was fairly well full real with CEM, Engine Temp effects and no labels. Though it did have aircraft marked on the map.

My biggest problem was actually finding the E/A. Without labels the planes just blend into the terrain. especially with so much ground clutter. I was flying around in circles and the map said ther was several planes withing half a kilometre of me and I couldn't see them until some AAA went off and I noticed the movement of a plane.

Many thanks to WTE_Macka for opening up the WTE server. It was a blast!

This sim will rock! Keep those patches rolling in!

JG14_Jagr
04-21-2011, 06:31 AM
Not really much to brag about because the 109 flew in front of me and all i did was hold down the trigger! But Still! One cross on the side of my plane.

I'm willing to bet that many a real fighter pilot had the same story..

Hellbender
04-21-2011, 12:20 PM
To be honest and fair, with a Spit almost everybody can down a 109 since it neither can outturn (it will stall by that attempt) nor outrun you. If you dogfight a Spit with a 109 and score a kill, then we can talk :grin: . One on One agaisnt a 109 is far away from a real exceeding achievement.

However, if 109 pilots would learn on online servers to fly in groups, they would stand a chance against Spits and Hurricans on their tail. But at the moment almost everybody (on both sides) is flying alone without a wingman.