PDA

View Full Version : The Good, the Bad and the AI

msalama
10-25-2007, 07:56 PM
S! all.

The AI buggers might be stupid PITAs, but über they ain't, at least when there're humans at the receiving end. I'm working on this coop ATM where it's us - the venerable RBD squad, that is ;) - flying IL-2s w/ 4 ace F2s intercepting, and I've just started to flight-test the mission. So OK, I recorded a track to check a couple of things out and we-hey, whaddaya know... I hit the target, strafe some trucks etc. a couple of times, get bounced by an AI "expert" and later by another one so now there's 2 of them against me. But still, no way they got me shot down, aces or not...

Would've been different had I started to fight them, true, because as you know they're capable of some über snapshots from weird angles... but still, aces? Hardly! Had those Biffers been piloted by human experten I would've been dead in two bloody minutes ;)

The track's here (http://koti.welho.com/msalama/Sturmo_1.ntrk) if you're interested.

1.JaVA_Platypus
10-25-2007, 08:21 PM
An F2 has only got the peashooter 15mm gun. No way that it is going to take down even a single Il-2. Granted they don't hit you in the fuel tank (behind your back) or in the oil radiator, under your butt ;) Maybe you should try to replace the 109 F2 with the G6, with mk-108, on the same AI level!! Real life reports state that sometimes even the 20mm shells will bouce off the skin of an il-2.

msalama
10-26-2007, 05:35 AM
That's not the point here. The point is that they don't hit me AT ALL... and yet they're called aces :P

Check the track, please. One of them gets some 2-3 bullets in at one point, but that's all... aces? BAH!

DKoor
10-26-2007, 05:58 AM
I would have shot him with F2... be sure!
For that matter... most of the humans would.
Especially if he ducks @ SL.
msalama is right when he says that about Ai.

Unless they catch you at alt, or by surprise they are NON ISSUE when you fly bombers.

msalama
10-26-2007, 06:11 AM
Exactly my point Kuna, whereas an IL-2 vs. a human-flown Bf-109 is usually a losing match if the fliegenoffizier in question knows what he's doing...