PDA

View Full Version : The Ultimate List: trucker games

doordie
10-25-2007, 03:41 AM
Add any trucker titles you can think of not already listened below, and voice your opinions of the ones already here!

-18 Wheeler American Pro Trucker
(this originally came out as an arcade title in the year 2000, and was ported to Sega Dreamcast the next year. Following the collapse of the Dreamcast, it was made available on the Sony PS2 & Nintendo Gamecube as well)

http://img142.imageshack.us/img142/2005/3599dj3iq6.jpg (http://img142.imageshack.us/img142/4762/3599dj3.jpg)

GargantulaKon
10-25-2007, 05:27 AM
From SCS Software:
18 Wheels of Steel: Across America
18 Wheels of Steel: Pedal to the Metal
18 Wheels of Steel Convoy
TruckSaver
18 Wheels of Steel Haulin'
Euro Truck SimulatorThere is already a good list on this Web site (http://3dartpol.da.ru/).

I never heard of "18 Wheeler American Pro Trucker" so I do not know what to think of it.

Correction: Sunstorm Int. made Hard Truck: 18 Wheels of Steel

number9ark
10-29-2007, 03:22 PM
From SCS Software:

Hard Truck: 18 Wheels of Steel
TruckSaver
Euro Truck SimulatorThere is already a good list on this Web site (http://3dartpol.da.ru/).

I never heard of "18 Wheeler American Pro Trucker" so I do not know what to think of it.

Hard Truck: 18 Wheels of Steel you need to fix this , SCS did not create or develope this title sunstormINC did.

My thoughts about these titles

american pro trucker ----- didnt like it

Hard truck 18 wheels of steel --- I still play this game after all these years.

18 wheels of steel across america --- very good game but still broken needs patched they will never make.

18 wheels of pedal to the medal --- is ok truck game it has company driver the only good part of this game .

18 wheels of steel convoy --- the first part of 18 wheels of steel haulin it sucks.

18 wheels of steel Haulin --- finished Patched up version of convoy it sucks .

truck saver is stupid waste of time there ..

Now take into consideration convoy and haulin are on the maya modler program not 3dsmax and maya really sucks for phsyics either this or the prism3d engine just sucks for everything gaming. Eitherway pedal to the medal was the last hope for a decent title from SCS in the truck game department .

GargantulaKon
11-01-2007, 10:37 PM
Thanks for the correction! I obviously did not know that.

Reading your list makes me want Rig'n'Roll even more. :P

number9ark
11-02-2007, 11:19 PM
Sabre the owner of SCS was working for sunstormINC when sumstorm developed 18wos hard truck , he made 2(TWO) small textures for the game . SCS was not even started as a company until 6-8 months after sunstorms game release of 18wos hard truck. needless to say sabre has never matched quality or the gameplay in his later "crappy copycat versions" .

KENWORTH
11-03-2007, 02:03 AM
im trying to download hard truck 18 heels of steel but i need another site cause i lost the site were i could download it and the site have to be a good site

Caffeine Free
11-04-2007, 03:19 AM
well theres "trukz"

very fun game you should check it out

www.trukz.com

KENWORTH
11-04-2007, 08:25 PM
im on trukz its me Caffeine Free

bakingcookies
11-04-2007, 09:02 PM
From SCS Software:

TruckSaver

Hard Truck: 18 Wheels of Steel you need to fix this , SCS did not create or develope this title sunstormINC did.

18 wheels of steel across america --- very good game but still broken needs patched they will never make.

18 wheels of pedal to the medal --- is ok truck game it has company driver the only good part of this game .

18 wheels of steel convoy --- the first part of 18 wheels of steel haulin it sucks.

Now take into consideration convoy and haulin are on the maya modler program not 3dsmax and maya really sucks for phsyics either this or the prism3d engine just sucks for everything gaming. Eitherway pedal to the medal was the last hope for a decent title from SCS in the truck game department .You're telling me you'd rather play a old game like AA, than a newer....... and 20X better game like haulin? You're stuck in the past man, those games absolutely suck compared to the ones scs have out now.

KENWORTH
11-05-2007, 12:41 AM
From SCS Software:

TruckSaver

Now take into consideration convoy and haulin are on the maya modler program not 3dsmax and maya really sucks for phsyics either this or the prism3d engine just sucks for everything gaming. Eitherway pedal to the medal was the last hope for a decent title from SCS in the truck game department .You're telling me you'd rather play a old game like AA, than a newer....... and 20X better game like haulin? You're stuck in the past man, those games absolutely suck compared to the ones scs have out now.yeah you are right hauling is the best game so far

bakingcookies
11-05-2007, 10:57 AM
Maybe not stock........ I have modded lots myself and downloaded lots so this is what I go by.

travs2448
11-08-2007, 08:55 PM
Haulin- the best
Pedel to the metel- wonderful for its time well cleaned up version of AA
Across America-many minor issues to be fixed
Convoy- absoulty horrible for its time doesnt show the buisness side of trucking
ORIGINAL hard truck- ok for its time i guess

USA Driver
11-09-2007, 12:52 AM
The ones I played are;
King of the Road. Fun game that you can create trailer parks, and the haul to GrayStone was the best.

HT: 18WoS. The first game that had my near to home city in it. Louisville.

18WoS: AA. When SCS made it where you can go coast to coast. Creation of the Map Editor.

18WoS: PTTM. The game where I started Map Editing. :wink:

18WoS: Convoy.... the day TruckPol went on lockdown, banning anyone that said anything bad about it. It sucked, but Map Editing didn't. Map Editing was alot more free because you could design your OWN interchanges! :D

18WoS: Haulin'. The game where I finally hung up my map editing skills on the wall for someone else to take over. Sure it had more choices in interchanges, and the Stack interchange. SCS took some of my map editing ideas(like the one I did for Atlanta to elevate I-75) and put it into their default map, but forgetting to remove their old work.

The ladies loved me, and I got quite a few "Map Editor of the Month" awards, for my realistic interstates. :lol:
(ok seriously. The above statement was fake. But people did love my work... that was until I met WoW)

number9ark
11-13-2007, 07:59 AM
Not to forget Haulin has convoys awful crappy fake phsyics . And yes to whom ever may care sunstorms 18 wheels of steel hard truck is to this day better than anything SCS has crapped together .
Haulin is convoy finished two years they developed 1 game and still messed it up phsyics wise . Ive been around since the very first hard truck and king of the road etc... KOTR is still to this day better than anything SCS can come up with . People need to stop confusing SCS with quality game developers .

Ps graphics is all Haulin has going for it , even AA has competitors and actual truck damage . check the games out , you may just find your actually missing the good ones :wink:

toyota-martin
11-15-2007, 08:34 AM
hmm m8. how long time is it since u have played a game by SCS?? the only negative thing i can say about haulin' is that the handling of the truck is awful...

the grafic is okay.. and the game makes fun..

but now m8.. i have 1 litle question for you "number9ark"

everytime i see a post from you, u are telling how bad Haulin' and SCS is.. thats off cause your buisness, just starts to wonder what your problem is with that company?? most of your arguments are wrong.. so plz.. tell us the reason.. we all want to know what the problem exacly is.. only thing i can find as a posible reason, is that you are trying to sucking up to 1C company.. but tell me if i'm wrong..

Not to forget Haulin has convoys awful crappy fake phsyics . And yes to whom ever may care sunstorms 18 wheels of steel hard truck is to this day better than anything SCS has crapped together .
Haulin is convoy finished two years they developed 1 game and still messed it up phsyics wise . Ive been around since the very first hard truck and king of the road etc... KOTR is still to this day better than anything SCS can come up with . People need to stop confusing SCS with quality game developers .

Ps graphics is all Haulin has going for it , even AA has competitors and actual truck damage . check the games out , you may just find your actually missing the good ones :wink:

number9ark
11-16-2007, 01:04 PM
I have haulin installed and have played many hours of it . The phsyics are the worse ive seen in any driving "GAME" ever . I do not have a problem with SCS other than the fact they make "CHEAP" Value low quality games in under 7 months . A true high quality game you will not be able to produce in under 7-8 months .. They are able to make and sale these crap titles because they have a large group of mindless zombies on another forum willing to buy any truck game that hits the market . They are only trying to relive the original Hard truck days with shabby crap games , all the newer fans to the series think these newer titles are awsome because they have not had the older titles to measure them up with . SCS always makes crap and pats themselves on the back as if they are the "CHAMPIONS" of the truck game developement . When they are far from it .
When you finally get to play rignroll I can promise you will agree with me 100% without a single doubt , good high quality titles take years to create like a peace of art .

bigbubba467
11-17-2007, 02:58 AM
18wos haulin, is by far the best trucking game ever. Not out of the box, but if you're not a tool and you can mod it, then it vastly surpasses definitely all the other games and with the right amount of work, even rignroll. I'm not making this up, i've played every single PC trucking game starting with HT1: people who rag on Haulin' simply do so because they are incompetent and can't mod it. If you disagree, you are wrong. But if you dont have time or skill to mod, and you just want a fairly good game to play straight out the box, then hopefully rignroll will be it. Hopefully... at times it looks terrifyingly bad, other times it looks very good...

PS. worst game ever, ironically, was Convoy. ...well, Im not including "big rigs: over the road racing" here..

I am going to have to agree with you. But haulin is still a great game even if you don't mod your self. Personally i could never get that going in haulin (pttm a different story) but I don't have the time or knowledge how to do some trucks that i see get pumped out by members like hardtruckisthebest. The only thing that i got accomplished was skinning in haulin. really any game could be a favourite to any person. it depends on what they are in to and what they have time for. personally i tried all trucking games that was for pc anyway. Some are great and some aren't like convoy but it did have some good qualities. but 100% i agree with hardtruck

big b

bigbubba467
11-17-2007, 03:12 AM
I have haulin installed and have played many hours of it . The phsyics are the worse ive seen in any driving "GAME" ever . I do not have a problem with SCS other than the fact they make "CHEAP" Value low quality games in under 7 months . A true high quality game you will not be able to produce in under 7-8 months .. They are able to make and sale these crap titles because they have a large group of mindless zombies on another forum willing to buy any truck game that hits the market . They are only trying to relive the original Hard truck days with shabby crap games , all the newer fans to the series think these newer titles are awsome because they have not had the older titles to measure them up with . SCS always makes crap and pats themselves on the back as if they are the "CHAMPIONS" of the truck game developement . When they are far from it .
When you finally get to play rignroll I can promise you will agree with me 100% without a single doubt , good high quality titles take years to create like a peace of art .

sorry for the double post but i think your very wrong. I know it is your opinion and that is great. Just that people that buy and play these "crap games" are because there isnt anything out there better. if there was one i don't think that people would be even after rignroll. the point is that even tho the games was cheap and made under seven months they are quiet well done for the time they have. I personally enjoy scs's trucking games just because it may no be real life but it is similar you have a truck you drive and drop of load. but one thing that scs games have over rignroll is the many cut scenes like for example getting your trailer
we can back up to a trailer and hook it up, another example going to the gas station we can fill up own tanks with out cut scenes. Sure rignroll would be a great sucess but since it is not open for the public to make mods and maps and custom items for the game. It gets boring after 2-3 months. atleast with scs games we could mod trucks, make skins, new maps and items with out complaint. The game a cheap which is great for me anyway since i have a family to support not my pc needs. I understand what you are coming at and it is true we might see differently but I am not a "mindless zombie" and that there we can also say that everyone is for truck sims because everyone has been waiting how many years for rignroll. even tho scs has it's zombies rignroll has bigger ones :p
That is just my opinion

Road hammer

GargantulaKon
11-17-2007, 04:02 AM
Haha, so you are saying to install Haulin' and then mod the heck out of it until it is a very different game than the initial game? It sounds like the customers made the whole game themselves and are using only the graphics engine as a base.

Did the customers mod the physics too? I played the Haulin' game for the time trial of 60 minutes and I thought that it was good, but not great.

bakingcookies
11-17-2007, 06:52 AM

Ps graphics is all Haulin has going for it , even AA has competitors and actual truck damage . check the games out , you may just find your actually missing the good ones :wink:If you play the stock game maybe. If you're too lazy or not smart enough to do shit with haulin yourself then it's your fault you're still playing a old game like kotr. I wouldn't even consider buying that game, not because the gameplay might suck or it's shittier graphics, but because the game I've been spending all my time on is 10X better. Haulin. My mod folder is larger than the base file. As of tonight I have 2 crappy scs trailers left to replace and then no more scs trailers exist in my game. Sad that you can't just put a game disk in your cd rom drive and enjoy it, but it's worth it because you can make it better than any developer can make a game. Why? because the game becomes your imagination. All your work, and other people's great work, that has been put in the game is done by you and you alone. Something even the best developers in the world couldn't do. The unltimate trucking sim is what you come up with yourself.

GargantulaKon
11-19-2007, 08:18 PM
Yes we mod the physics too.. suspension, air resistance, rolling distance, stuff like that. Engine and transmission parameters, brake parameters.. even tire forces if you know about the pacejka formula. Which by the way I don't understand yet worth shit. I just use the basic game engine and make my own game from it. That's why it has to be my favorite, otherwise I'd be wasting my time pretty much..

Nice! I just saw Haulin' in Best Buy today. Where is the specific web site (I know I can just Google) to download all of the cool graphics and physics mods?