PDA

View Full Version : Axis or controller not recognized? Saitek Keyboard? Fix inside.

Dano
04-17-2011, 05:20 PM
Disable the Saitek Gamers' Keyboard Hot Keys (HID) devices in device manger under Human Interface Devices, axis detection should then work appropriately.

Possibly similar issues causing the same problem for other keyboard owners.

123-Wulf-123
04-17-2011, 09:44 PM
You got it!!!!!!!!!!! :)

3 weeks of faffing about, installing, uninstalling, plugging in, un-plugging, changing keyboards changing joysticks, enabling, disabling EVERYTHING. :!::!::!:

And it was the bloody (automatically installed) Saitek drivers, or more importantly the HID drivers.

HALLELUJAH!!!!!!!!

123-Wulf-123
04-17-2011, 09:45 PM
Can someone please contact BiBi??? he is in the same boat as me and I bet he has a Saitek keyboard too ;)

123-Wulf-123
04-17-2011, 09:47 PM
And for all those that doubted these problems were real I direct you to the rather excellent CeLo Green album track, not the Forget You version......:-P

Cannibal
04-18-2011, 01:28 PM
But won't this disable hotkeys that I configured over the saitek profile editor?

For example I set certain buttons to mean "Shift-N" and the like... will this stop working? Because if so, I'd be loosing quite a bunch of buttons!

Dano
04-18-2011, 02:45 PM
But won't this disable hotkeys that I configured over the saitek profile editor?

For example I set certain buttons to mean "Shift-N" and the like... will this stop working? Because if so, I'd be loosing quite a bunch of buttons!

Try it and see, you can always re-enable the entries if it breaks, I'd also suspect but have yet to test that once you have the controls setup you'll be able to re-enable and fly without issues.

Dano
04-18-2011, 02:45 PM
You got it!!!!!!!!!!! :)

3 weeks of faffing about, installing, uninstalling, plugging in, un-plugging, changing keyboards changing joysticks, enabling, disabling EVERYTHING. :!::!::!:

And it was the bloody (automatically installed) Saitek drivers, or more importantly the HID drivers.

HALLELUJAH!!!!!!!!

Glad I was able to help :D

battguano
04-18-2011, 06:03 PM
I couldn't get my logitech G940 to work at all. I upgraded software and it finally recognized the throttle but that's all. Over the weekend I bought a saitek stick and that didn't work either. From the above thread it seems disabling HID (assuming I have that) is the trick. Do you know if there is a similar function for the logitech product? Hoping that's the case then I can use my regular kit.

Bibi
04-18-2011, 10:32 PM
CoD runs:grin:
I have change my keyboard: saitek gaming keyboard >< 08/15 Keyboard HP:grin:
Thank you for the information!

Best Regards Bibi

123-Wulf-123
04-18-2011, 10:59 PM
I knew it :grin:

battguano
04-19-2011, 01:38 PM
still no go....disabled that HID option, nothing :( I wish someone could solve this problem once & for all....

emtguf
04-19-2011, 03:06 PM
Of course I read this at work so now I have to wait 9 hours till I can possibly finally play this game....

Thanks OP for the advise!!

Bibi
04-19-2011, 03:23 PM
@battguano,

disable and change your keyboard!

Best Regards. Bibi

emtguf
04-19-2011, 06:37 PM
That works!

Now to get the game to play on anything but all low settings with my high end system.... : /

Urufu_Shinjiro
04-28-2011, 03:01 PM
Wow, that's weird. I wonder what the root cause is? I have a logitech G15 and the hotkeys software doesn't cause an issue. Everyone with this issue please email Saitek, maybe they will fix their drivers, assuming that it really is their software and not 1Cs causing the issue.

battguano
04-29-2011, 07:00 PM
it's certainly not the joystick manufacturer that is at fault; i have two different setups and neither work in CoD yet both work for anything else.

Bert Groner
05-09-2011, 01:34 PM
Hello all in this forum!

My name is Bert Groner, editor in chief of FS MAGAZIN www.fsmagazin.de. While one of my authors and myself are heading for a review on CoD it is very worst that I can't get my keyboard-joystick-throttle-pedal-combination to work.

I use

- Intel i7 960 CPU (untweaked)
- mainboard made by ASUS
- Windows 7 64 Bit Ultimate
- Microsoft wireless Ergonomic Keyboard 7000 (combination with wireless mouse)
- Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Joystick
- CHProducts Pro Pedals
- CHProducts Pro Throttle

Neither the pedals nor the joystick or the throttle has been recognized so far by CoD. This has been reported to me by some readers as well.

All devices in use are on USB 2.0 (plug and pluy without any drivers needed) installed without making problems and shown within the game controller without errors ready to use. Flight Simulator X which is on this PC active as well recognices all devices listed correctly and makes them work.

I clearly think that here's a (quickly delivered and easy to use) solution needed for everyone who's bought or will buy CoD. Please no more help like "change your keyboard" or similiar things. In fact this a complete "no go" for no gamer should need to change which kind of working (!) modern (!) hardware - ok, maybe with the exception of very exoctic ones :-) - ever only because a game cannot cope with USB - so my guess for a possible reason here. I'm very honest when I write that it is the first time see that particular behaviour of a (modern) software...

Thanks for any help - take care!

Bert