PDA

View Full Version : Oleg: Consider enabling flying of AI planes with no cockpit

*Buzzsaw*
10-23-2007, 06:26 PM
Post is no longer relevant

Alloy007p
10-24-2007, 10:49 PM
AS far as bombers go I don't think it would make bomber pilots feel like theyre in hevan because we would not have the copkits, You can't bomb acuratley in no copkit mode, and you dont have the gagues :evil: .

It would be great though even if we got the copkits for the B-29 B-24 and one of the B-17's 8)

*Buzzsaw*
10-24-2007, 11:29 PM
No longer relevant

CrazySchmidt
10-26-2007, 08:49 AM
I sincerely hope that non flyable aircraft remain exactly that "Non Flyable".

If they can't have cockpits modelled for what ever reason, then let them remain AI controlled. If you guys don't like a Spit with a nose missing, imagine flying any aircraft without a cockpit!

CS. :)

scooby200245601
09-05-2008, 11:43 AM
There are plenty of Models with cockpits are wherewithals, maps, and other utilities needed to make these aircraft flyable at simviation.com and other sites. The work is already done it just needs to be implemented into this game. I heard this game is going to be improved and expanded but if enough of us voice this fact to ubisoft they will comply with our wishes. I mean they want sales to go up. This is one of the easiest ways to accomplish this end.

Sincerely, scooby200245601 :-)

Feuerfalke
09-05-2008, 11:50 AM
Considering the ammount of whining about the 190-bar, the gigantic Tempest-backplate and the little other minor issues and incorrect mini-bugs, that have surfaced again and again over the last 5 years, it's funny to see a bunch of the very same people demanding to just copy'n'paste an existing cockpit to make a non-flyable flyable. :grin:

Besides that, the main argument is not to cockpit or not to cockpit, but the fact that the flightmodel for the AI-planes is as basic as the AI itself. ;)

VMF-214_HaVoK
09-05-2008, 07:31 PM
IMHO there is no point in Oleg spending the time to include this request when its already been done (to great effect) and in widespread use. I do recall Oleg stating many times that no such request would be included. IMHO I do not think Oleg looks at these hackers in the same light some of you may.

Oleg and crew have moved on and its time many here should as well...if your catching what Im throwing.

S!

lbuchele
09-05-2008, 08:45 PM
IMHO there is no point in Oleg spending the time to include this request when its already been done (to great effect) and in widespread use. I do recall Oleg stating many times that no such request would be included. IMHO I do not think Oleg looks at these hackers in the same light some of you may.

Oleg and crew have moved on and its time many here should as well...if your catching what Im throwing.

S!
Totally agree with you Havok.
Anyway ,Oleg seems to count with third-parthy efforts way more with SOW than previously in Il2 old times.
People who are doing mods right now doesn´t have bad intentions , they are not doing money with those mods.
But they are gaining experience that could be well received doing future addictions using the tools that Oleg will release with SOW.
That´s why I have an impression that Oleg see those mods with curiosity and in a more light way that some users do.
Just my humble opinion.;-)

LEXX
09-05-2008, 11:52 PM
Oleg: Consider enabling flying of AI planes with no cockpit
Can already fly AI planes with swapped cockpits now, and eventually with dedicated cockpits.

No need for Oleg to waste time while working over New Sim.

FB/PF is already brought back to life, starting late last year.

proton45
09-06-2008, 12:21 AM
yes, lets push back the "SoW BoB" release date a little more... ;)

JoeA
09-06-2008, 09:53 AM
IMHO I do not think Oleg looks at these hackers in the same light some of you may.

S!

That´s why I have an impression that Oleg see those mods with curiosity and in a more light way that some users do.
Just my humble opinion.;-)

Yup, just your opinions which I do not share and none of us have any real proof.

Otherwise no point in this request which was bumped up from LAST YEAR in case none of you have noticed.

JoeA
09-06-2008, 09:54 AM
There are plenty of Models with cockpits are wherewithals, maps, and other utilities needed to make these aircraft flyable at simviation.com and other sites. The work is already done it just needs to be implemented into this game. I heard this game is going to be improved and expanded but if enough of us voice this fact to ubisoft they will comply with our wishes. I mean they want sales to go up. This is one of the easiest ways to accomplish this end.

Sincerely, scooby200245601 :-)
Did you notice this thread was from last year?? :roll:

Avimimus
09-06-2008, 08:13 PM
But "AI planes are already flying and they have no cockpit"

;) Sorry, couldn't resist...

WTE_Galway
09-09-2008, 02:14 AM
The wonder of year old threads.

One of the saddest things about the "success" of IL2 is all the arcade style players who would have been happy as a pig in a poke with MSCFS dodgy flight models and planes that flew like "in the movies" as they would get to "fly" 1000's of different user made aircraft.

Overall we would have been far better off if those guys had stuck to MSCFS it suited them perfectly.

Ala13_Kokakolo
09-13-2008, 06:45 AM
Considering the ammount of whining about the 190-bar, the gigantic Tempest-backplate and the little other minor issues and incorrect mini-bugs, that have surfaced again and again over the last 5 years, it's funny to see a bunch of the very same people demanding to just copy'n'paste an existing cockpit to make a non-flyable flyable. :grin:

Besides that, the main argument is not to cockpit or not to cockpit, but the fact that the flightmodel for the AI-planes is as basic as the AI itself. ;)
100% agree

GF_Mastiff
09-14-2008, 03:10 AM
uh ho; another mistake, didn't he make that mistake of enabling flying 3rd person view before (IL2)? Shouldn't he just have cockpits made close as possible, for all the planes?