PDA

View Full Version : IL2/FB/PF/1946 Video Awards

DoolittleRaider
10-23-2007, 02:59 AM
ATTN: Oleg Maddox

I note that a movie-making contest was held for your 1C "Theater of War" product, organized and sponsored by Battlefront.com and your 1C company. The winner, just recently announced, received a fabulous prize of a trip to Moscow to visit you and your 1C (TOW) staff.
http://www.battlefront.com/products/tow/video_contest.html

During the last five years, many hundreds of movies have been created using your IL2-FB-PF-1946 simulation...actually thousands of "movies" if one adds in the now ubiquitous low-quality/resolution youtube clips... Only one movie competition was ever held by UBI, in February 2003, for which the prize I believe was a T-Shirt and a poster. The quality of 'IL-2' movies has improved by leaps and bounds, exponentially, since then and the newest movies actually compare quite favorably with professional Hollywood and TV productions.

Have you given any thought to reviewing the outstanding and highly acclaimed Flight Sim (IL2, etc series)movies for similar recognition and possible award/reward? Such an act of recognition would go a long way towards boosting the morale, interest, and participation of Movie-Makers...especially as many are now looking forward to the release of SOW:BofB as a resource for making new cutting edge movies. Such BofB movies will obviously be a free marketing tool for your product, just as the 'IL-2' movies have surely made thousands of viewers aware, for the first time, of your Flight Sim's amazing realism.

For your ease of review, here at the Flight Sim Machinima Website you can find all of the Best-of-the-Best movies ever produced from the IL2-FB-PF-1946 series.
http://flightsimmachinima.montydan.com/ I would suggest that the movies most recently produced in 2007 and 2006 represent the state-of-the-art in 'IL-2 Flight Sim' movie-making, and among which could certainly be found one or two deserving of such special recognition and a visit with the 1C developers.

1.JaVA_Platypus
10-23-2007, 07:46 PM
This is actually a very good idea :P

Dowly
10-24-2007, 01:35 PM
I think everyone already knows which one would take the #1 prize. 8)

RockStar
10-24-2007, 06:24 PM
Great link of IL2 movies, thanks and bookmarked. There are some in here that I have missed so thanks again.