PDA

View Full Version : Difference between versions?

Neurus_Ex
04-16-2011, 09:34 AM
First of all, I'm not really sure if this is the place where I should ask for it, or if I have to direct the question to Steam/FX Interactive.

I got yesterday the Spanish version of this game, published by FX Interactive. I player around a bit and, looking in the Steam forums, I noticed retail version of the game is activable on the Valve's Plataform, and I have the retail version of the game. oh!

So I activated it in my account and decided to install, but what was my surprise when steam told me the total weight of the game was over 2 gigabytes and the total FX Interactive installation weights 4 gigabytes!, the double!

It is known that the games distributed by FX use to have lot of extra content (Death to Spies was shipped with the sequel engine, for instance), but the installation seems "clean" (Besides over 300 MB on trailers of other games distributed by them) and the only "custom" content I've seen is the spanish voice acting in the briefings (Thanks lord the english soldiers still talking in english xD).

So, any idea on why the steam version weights half of the retail spanish version? As I said, I don't really know if I should ask here, direct the question to FX Interactive (Who doesn't really has to know details about the steam version), to Steam (Who doesn't really has to know details about a specific version) or just the developers, but I had to begin my search somewhere :P

[SOE]No.Mam
04-16-2011, 01:40 PM
possible steam version is only in english and your game is a "multilingual" version (eng + ger + esp ....) with bonuscontent.
my gamersgate version (only in english) had 1.19GB to download.

GeneralBighorn
05-03-2011, 07:29 PM
ive got the english retail version and the size is 3.76gb

[SOE]No.Mam
05-03-2011, 10:16 PM
GamersGate version is a compressed installer from game - only in english and without any patches.

Steam version is uncompressed version to download with latest patches.