PDA

View Full Version : Annoying Sound Issue with Onboard sound and IL2 1946!

3./JG51_Rudel
10-22-2007, 08:54 PM
The problem is that my new Hp pc's RealTek HD onboard sound is transmitting my engine sound when i use TeamSpeak to talk to my Squad mates During Forgotten Skies or training.

I tired different settings and updated to the new Realtek Drivers (v1.79), and still no luck. The only solution is turning my sound all the way off, which i don't mind but i want to hear my plane especially if i am hit or trackers are flying by my cockpit.

Now i have to rely on the Instruments to make sure my plane is not damaged or leaking fuel.

Im hoping someone here can help.

I have an old Audigy SE sound card that i could install a a spare if i cant resolve my problem. I hope i don't have to though because the Onboard sound is better.

Roy
10-22-2007, 10:56 PM
Does it work allright using the sound recorder?
(Start -> Programs -> Accessories -> Entertainment -> Sound recorder)

If it doesn't it's just that you plugged the mic into the wrong plug... otherwise it could be just that the default recording "channel" is set to "Stereo" or similar, instead of "Microphone".

Check it out and let us know mate

EDIT: To select the microphone as the default sound input you have to do it from the control panel, under Sound and Audio Devices, in the Volume tab, clicking on "Advanced..." in the "Device Volume" area within that tab and in the new window that opens, go to Properties -> Recording -> Check "Microphone" if it isn't checked -> Click OK and make sure that the Microphone is checked (again) and has the correct volume.