PDA

View Full Version : oh no..

blaart
04-15-2011, 11:47 PM
well i just updated the game today to the latest patch,and can finnaly fly it on high settings with no problems whatsoever.beforehand ive just been flying around not fighting anyone.

so i start the campaign and get to the mission with the 110's over the sea....
get into the dogfight and start chasing one of them all of a sudden it looks like hes doing practice runs for the dover red bull air race....

so i think ok maybe its a one off
so the next mission is the one with the 109's.
again go into the dogfight but this time i feel like im fighting against an X-wing fighter.

surely my hurricane could make the 110 look stupid as far as roll rate is concerned in real life.and would probably not been far off the 109's

i hope ive missed a simple solution to this if so please help me guys,

kingpinda
04-16-2011, 03:12 PM
I don't know the exact numbers but hurricane is better at turns etc at low speed. the 109 isnt. but its faster and can dive faster and because of its speed it would appear it can climb faster.

With rolling you can use the rudder to get a faster roll. Just be sure you won't cut your engine with "positive"? G's. The 109 has no engine cutting problems.

I normally try to snap barrel roll. ie. roll to the right, give slight left rudder and at just the proper time push stick backward to make it "snap". If you do this halfway through forward you will cut the engine. With the 109 you can do either way.

If the models roll rate are correctly modeled i'm not sure. I just know you need to practive alot to be as efficient with your energy as you possibly can.