PDA

View Full Version : Blenheim gunsight

Georgio41
04-15-2011, 11:34 PM
Minor point but after applying the latest patch, the Blenheim cockpit gunsight is extremely blocky whereas before it was relatively round and smooth.
This is viewing at 1960x1050 so it's not resolution.

ATi 5750 running in bootcamp/Win7 64 bit / i7 2.93GHz

Positronic
04-16-2011, 03:03 AM
it seemed blocky to me when I tried it yesterday (before installing the new beta patch), not sure if youre referring to that patch

1.JaVA_Platypus
04-16-2011, 09:02 AM
Well, the gunsight is indeed very blocky, but maybe it has something to do with AA or the intergrated SSAO mod??

Anyways, It is the least of the current issues with the Blenheim. Try to get it off the airfield in Full-Real! (The cross-country flight in the QMB) I can start the engines just fine. But when I want to take-off, the plane wants to go to the right, even when I apply the opposite rudder. I can only take off with nr.2 engine running at full and the nr.1 engine somewhere at 40%. Wich is very undesirable because of runway length and overstressing the Nr.2 engine for too long!!

CH_RoadDogg
04-16-2011, 07:28 PM
With the new beta patch looking in the Ju88s and HE111s bombsight the sight is messed up now part of it is clear and yellow while most of it is blurred and discolored.

1.JaVA_Platypus
04-20-2011, 09:19 PM
YUP, I got that too.

And horizontal stabilizer isn't working either. Even of you assign a key for it. This makes the bombers next to useless in the game unfortunatly :(

Blackdog_kt
04-21-2011, 11:22 AM
Use the course autopilot for the bombers. The Ju88 had a bugged gyro-compass before the patch which prevents the autopilot from working and i don't know if they fixed it (didn't check yet), but it works fine in the He-111.

I think that once you get used to it the course autopilot system is better than the old "level stabilizer and rudder trim" trick...now you can actually command small turns without messing up your trim, having to go back to a view that contains a slip indicator and re-adjust it once you align the target.

242Sqn_Chap
04-21-2011, 01:43 PM
The blocky gunsight and low res bombsites seem to be related to the new texture settings.

If you set this to original they are OK.
The other settings 'scale' the textures and these particular textures don't scale well.

1c need to exempt some textures now from this scale-ing don't they.

Feathered_IV
04-23-2011, 11:24 AM
As well as the blockiness, there are stray pixels down the sides and slightly outside the sight proper. Very much like the texture error that is on the right of the Stuka sights in the original Il-2/FB series. Very irritating, as it always looks like an enemy contact. :evil:

Buzpilot
05-06-2011, 07:30 PM
It was ok on the original install, and even bomber sight have a really bad resolution.
Anyone else had engines and their temperatures reset when changing position online? (Blenheim)