PDA

View Full Version : Both dts games have stopped working

oggmeista
04-15-2011, 02:49 PM
Hi all

this is my first post really I needed somewhere to get this issue resolved as they are both gr8 games but unfortunately for me they both have stopped working

whats happening on both games is that I double click the smersh.exe and game begins to try load but stops within a few seconds and I get this error

"smersh.exe has encoutered a problem and needs to close we are sorry for the inconvenience"

Is there a log file of the error which i could submit here?

I was having problems trying to play online flash content and some other problems shortly afterwoods when i tried to run smersh aka dts neither would start up :-(

What ive tried so far is uninstalling codecs & reinstalling uninstalling the games & re uninstalling java script uninstalling and reinstalling quick time
and also removing the saves folder in my documents//...

none of this has worked but it was fine at first ..so there must be a solution :confused:

Im running windows xp x64 with sp II also with dirx 9c

Hope someone here can help me

Thx for reading & listening

OSS
04-16-2011, 08:00 AM
Hi all

this is my first post really I needed somewhere to get this issue resolved as they are both gr8 games but unfortunately for me they both have stopped working

Thx for reading & listening

Try to remove *.vid files from the root directory of the games.. if you encounter this after installing or manupulating codecs, maybe the problem is with playing startup videos..

oggmeista
04-16-2011, 06:33 PM
hi

yeah thx I looked deep into these forums the other day and found this same post you made here, and it did the trick

So thx man