Radiator open check

I to start and put put stall.

Ok... not funny. What is the deal?

kristorf
04-15-2011, 12:14 PM
Throttle at about 10%, once started let it warm up for about 30 secs

ParaB
04-15-2011, 12:15 PM
Magnetos are on? Also make sure you have the mixture a bit leaned, engine won't start with full rich setting. I usually have the throttle opened about 1/4.

Redroach
04-15-2011, 12:27 PM
Also make sure you have the mixture a bit leaned, engine won't start with full rich setting

untrue.
Use the hand pump 3-5 times. Then, the engine will start at the first try, mostly.

ParaB
04-15-2011, 12:36 PM
With mixture a bit leaned I get engine start on 1st try every time without hand pump . Don't know how realistic that is, I remember in BoB2:WoV I wouldn't get the engine to start without using the pump.

JG53Frankyboy
04-15-2011, 12:37 PM
it depends, as we all know means 0% mixture in the InfoWindow full rich mixture in the cockpitlever...
so, one should always mention about what mixture setting you are talk.
the Hurricane needs full rich in the cockpit and 0% in the infowindo to start.

pchaxor
04-15-2011, 12:37 PM
All very good tips, but I had the throttle too high. (10% was the trick)
Picky Picky Picky and then ran too rich and oil all over the place.

Ill get it ... just going to take some time.

Thanks!

JG53Frankyboy
04-15-2011, 12:40 PM
yep, wait till coolant temp is around 60° , at least i wait so long :D

fireship4
04-15-2011, 01:29 PM
untrue.
Use the hand pump 3-5 times. Then, the engine will start at the first try, mostly.

With mixture a bit leaned I get engine start on 1st try every time without hand pump . Don't know how realistic that is, I remember in BoB2:WoV I wouldn't get the engine to start without using the pump.

Er, I always thought the hand pump was to provide pressure to the hydraulic system (ie landing gear and such) not the engine. You might be talking about the ki-gas primer, which is not selectable in cockpit as far as I know (there might be a key I dont know about).

kingpinda
04-16-2011, 03:18 PM
Er, I always thought the hand pump was to provide pressure to the hydraulic system (ie landing gear and such) not the engine.

Aah is that what it is? are you sure? I never use handpump in spit.

just like directions above throttle at 10 percent, mixture auto-rich ie. lever forward.
prop pitch to fine, offcourse the magneto's on and fuelcock to main. actually you should start in reserve it seems but if you go past off to get back to "main" the engine quits so i leave it at main.

I used to have radiator closed to warm engine faster but now I leave rad open and warm engine with playing with rpm. warms up fast enough it seems.

I don't know if this is in the new patch but be sure when you are doing airstart that you open the radiator. this was in previous version not default.

Also in realism options leave limited fuel enabled. or else you won't be able to manipulate the fuel cock and hence you cannot take off.