PDA

View Full Version : 4.09 Sugestion: FM locked and sound open.

MOH_Hirth
10-20-2007, 02:50 PM
Ty for all Oleg and 1C Team for my 5 year of fun! For finnish with golden key IL-2 series:
Why dont let open the sounds? but by a OFICIAL mod from 1C, let the comunity work now, only FM locked, we know the hacker motivation was the sound.
:wink:

DKoor
10-20-2007, 03:20 PM
What about new flyables?

JG53Harti
10-20-2007, 03:41 PM
Ty for all Oleg and 1C Team for my 5 year of fun! For finnish with golden key IL-2 series:
Why dont let open the sounds? but by a OFICIAL mod from 1C, let the comunity work now, only FM locked, we know the hacker motivation was the sound.

This will not work. So somebody make sounds of the enemies airplane which is like a siren or similar. So its possible to hear the enemy who is sneaking on six to the opponents plane.
Hopefully Oleg will close this for online gaming.

DKoor
10-20-2007, 03:55 PM
The best time was when the cats put void skins as default on all planes (was fixored few patches ago).....................this reminds me of that.
Or perhaps they put pink skins............who knew?

ElAurens
10-20-2007, 04:36 PM
The big problem with this Hirth is that the sound files and the FM files are one and the same and cannot be separated as far as I know.

Sadly, the life of the series of over.

Oleg and his crew need to move on to the Storm Of War series, so asking for major revisions in the code is not going to happen.

My only hope is that the online code can be made secure for a few more months, or as long as it takes to release Storm Of War: Battle of Britain. And that we get a few more maps and a plane or two to keep interest up till then.

Once the new sim is released IL2 will quickly fade.

It has been an amazing 6 years. But time marches on.

GOZR
10-20-2007, 05:29 PM
If the Sound is open to all, it may cause problems like stutters or some lag while online with peoples using different lower machines

crazyivan1970
10-20-2007, 05:37 PM
bad idea, sorry 8)

fly_zo
10-20-2007, 05:54 PM
IMHO: let us have new sounds...it has nothing to do with FM (They are separated in sfs files ...fb_3do01.SFS vs fb_sound01.SFS)and if someone wants to cheat he WILL find the way no mater what....

...there was strong opposition when CD and DVD writers came out ... and see what happened :wink:

... but world is full of hypocrites... still 8)

GOZR
10-20-2007, 06:09 PM
But understand.. If you open things the online will be full of stutters and lag and one thing that Oleg did is to close everything to have control of it and ovoid at all cost online problem.. small maps, textures lock etc.. Opening them and it will be a online fiasco if everyone have their own sounds..
Should do a different set of sounds yes but if you want to maintain a online stutter free you must close it.. somehow.

For now bumped your bass . ;) The original sounds can be modified just by settings differently inside the sfs to give them more depth it's possible. 109 with more turbo sound it's possible and easy.

fly_zo
10-20-2007, 06:14 PM
But understand.. If you open things the online will be full of stutters and lag and one thing that Oleg did is to close everything to have control of it and ovoid at all cost online problem.. small maps, textures lock etc.. Opening them and it will be a online fiasco if everyone have their own sounds..
Should do a different set of sounds yes but if you want to maintain a online stutter free you must close it.. somehow.

For now bumped your bass . ;) The original sounds can be modified just by settings to give them more depth it's possible. 109 with more turbo sound it's possible and easy.

well lets force people to fly online with 640x480 res so there wont be stutters on my low end PC ... see ?

regarding my bass: i run it on audigy2 hooked on "dual" amplifier with "Jamo" woofer + 2 satelites so my bass is bumped 8)

GOZR
10-20-2007, 06:52 PM
Yes i have mine on Class A tube lamp amp with high quality hi fi speakers and big subwoofer.. no PC gadject speakers here..

Instead same with the fatigue thread real sounds in cockpit and inside the head set will not sound like that they are very buffered in RL.. , I say more different sounds from very different sources can make computer stutter due too maybe someone have a huge wave files of his favorite P51.. i completely understand Oleg situation.. so everyone should have more or less the same and regulate them to have a better online experience.

BTW in response of your 640x480.. many guys are running well above resolution that there pc can run well.. someone with a 9800 pro running at 1600x1200 with an older p4 with not a good sound card when he should of run at list 1024x768 max can make lag or stutters. it's all a balance matter ..

fly_zo
10-20-2007, 07:23 PM
Yes i have mine on Class A tube lamp amp with high quality hi fi speakers and big subwoofer.. no PC gadject speakers here..

Instead same with the fatigue thread real sounds in cockpit and inside the head set will not sound like that they are very buffered in RL.. , I say more different sounds from very different sources can make computer stutter due too maybe someone have a huge wave files of his favorite P51.. i completely understand Oleg situation.. so everyone should have more or less the same and regulate them to have a better online experience.

BTW in response of your 640x480.. many guys are running well above resolution that there pc can run well.. someone with a 9800 pro running at 1600x1200 with an older p4 with not a good sound card when he should of run at list 1024x768 max can make lag or stutters. it's all a balance matter ..

man i am not trying to split hear here but original idea was that Oleg include new sounds in sfs files as an option like clouds so everyone has the same wave files old or new ... no custom ones.

i see your point and 100% agree with you just i don't like how some post on forums misguide people like its hard coded can't be separated etc .

stay well

Z

GOZR
10-20-2007, 07:27 PM
Agree :)

1.JaVA_Sharp
10-20-2007, 08:47 PM
bad idea, sorry 8)

although the recent hack added some beautifull sounds, I'd have to agree with Ivan. It starts with sounds, and who knows where it might end.

DKoor
10-20-2007, 08:55 PM
Legalize the sounds!

SlipBall
10-20-2007, 09:52 PM
The big problem with this Hirth is that the sound files and the FM files are one and the same and cannot be separated as far as I know.

Sadly, the life of the series of over.

Oleg and his crew need to move on to the Storm Of War series, so asking for major revisions in the code is not going to happen.

My only hope is that the online code can be made secure for a few more months, or as long as it takes to release Storm Of War: Battle of Britain. And that we get a few more maps and a plane or two to keep interest up till then.

Once the new sim is released IL2 will quickly fade.

It has been an amazing 6 years. But time marches on.

Sad but inevitable....plus the extra work load put on Oleg because of the mod....is only slowing the progress on SOW

GOZR
10-21-2007, 07:00 PM
Well think about it.. does Oleg really putting a lot of work into the sounds and the open SFS in 409m .. ? ... No

Does this sound mod will help the SOW.. well yes think about it.. In interest of oleg? .. well ...

SG1_Gunkan
10-22-2007, 10:41 AM
Stop working in IL2 and concentrate in SoW:BoB :roll:

150GCT_Veltro
10-22-2007, 05:41 PM
Great idea!

Triad773
10-22-2007, 05:57 PM
I know this won't happen: it would take too much reworking of the code to secure one area, while opening another. The code as it stands is an all or nothing proposition. You can change legally what you can change, but any reverse engineering not covered by the EULA voids any future support (to say the least).

Lastly, the origins of the new sound files' source may not be verifiable, which would open the developer (if they were to go for this,) to potential future punitive legal actions by the original owners of those sounds.

Welcome to the high stakes world of intellectual property law :twisted:

Krt_Bong
10-22-2007, 07:32 PM
I really wished that whoever created the sound mod had left the um flyables with crudely connected cockpits out, that being said I have saved the mod to play offline and am seeing a whole new side to this sim. I can only hope that with Olegs' time being understandably short, that he can make SOW somewhat more realistic in sounds in some way similar to this hack as it were which does have some shortcomings that I'm now starting to pick out. But at the same time as it is its rather nice, at least on my machine with my now old creative Live soundcard. I don't support hacking the game to cheat others online don't get me wrong, we don't want that but I do like personal mods to appearance and sounds. I've got custom splashes, when I play campaigns I hear appropriate WWII era music etc..Too bad that sopme people will never be satisfied with making a game more enjoyable by ambiance they have to cheat as well.

Baco
10-23-2007, 12:53 AM
Well see everybody has his cup of tea. I hope Oleg doesn´t take away my Hawk 75 with 4.09. Of course I understand i fhi locks teh thing up. But I prefer to have a flyable Hawk 75 with an ockward cockpit, than not having it at all. Speically when it was teh palne my country flew until we got the Centauros, and the Metheors.

And we have moded the "Skin" of the Ilustrious to resemble the ARA Independencia. And to have our own carrier looking as it should, is priceless. It might even mean not switching to 4.09 if it gets locked...

Krt_Bong
10-23-2007, 02:14 PM
Well see everybody has his cup of tea. I hope Oleg doesn´t take away my Hawk 75 with 4.09. Of course I understand i fhi locks teh thing up. But I prefer to have a flyable Hawk 75 with an ockward cockpit, than not having it at all. Speically when it was teh palne my country flew until we got the Centauros, and the Metheors.

And we have moded the "Skin" of the Ilustrious to resemble the ARA Independencia. And to have our own carrier looking as it should, is priceless. It might even mean not switching to 4.09 if it gets locked...
There are some version switchers out there and if you have HD space you can always install 2 versions of the game, one online conformant and the other for playing offline with modded content. I can see that some movie makers out there might like the ability to use some of the modded AI planes to include in their production but really no-one wants a Storch with a P-39 cockpit

DKoor
10-23-2007, 05:31 PM
Anyone fired Hs-129 gun yet?

Icewolf
10-25-2007, 07:34 PM
We need patch 4.09 now !!

there has been over 400 downloads of the sound mod and many hosts are now running with checkruntime=2 to stop hacked SFS files.

some think it is ok to have Checkruntime=1 but as a previous post indicated ,in full real this is a problem as they can use sounds to detect enemy planes

SG2_Wasy
10-26-2007, 06:58 AM
there has been over 400 downloads of the sound mod and many hosts are now running with checkruntime=2 to stop hacked SFS files
Correct, 4000 already.

DKoor
10-26-2007, 07:25 AM
:P

Daimler
10-26-2007, 08:56 AM
Legalize sound mod . . . . . one of the best patches. :wink:
It´s like a new game now and now we can wait for BoB a next few months. :wink:
Many hosts are running WITHOUT checkruntime=2 because most of pilots knows, that it´s better with sound mod (no sonar effects - more reality) and they are using this sounds. :?
I´m sorry . . . but this is true - not some screams from kid players and no cockpit arcade shooters. :twisted: :D :mrgreen:

Clear 6-4 all.
Daim.

msalama
10-26-2007, 10:25 AM
Yeah, well, as you undoubtedly understand there's NO WAY to separate the good from the bad after a game gets cracked, and once that has happened there're always a**holes who WILL cheat. So I'll just continue to host my games w/ CRT=2 and keep on hoping that's enough...

You, OTOH, do just as you please.

Daimler
10-26-2007, 11:17 AM
Yeah, well, as you undoubtedly understand there's NO WAY to separate the good from the bad
...it has nothing to do with FM (They are separated in sfs files ...fb_3do01.SFS vs fb_sound01.SFS)
:idea: :idea: :idea: :idea:
What about: take new sounds into patch 4.09 and re-lock rest of SFS´s ?

ElAurens
10-26-2007, 11:39 AM
It won't happen as the sounds are aparently rips from CSF3, talk about copyright issues.

Gents, the sounds in IL2-46 are not going to change. Get over it.

Time for SoW:BoB.

1.JaVA_Sharp
10-26-2007, 11:41 AM
Yeah, well, as you undoubtedly understand there's NO WAY to separate the good from the bad
...it has nothing to do with FM (They are separated in sfs files ...fb_3do01.SFS vs fb_sound01.SFS)
:idea: :idea: :idea: :idea:
What about: take new sounds into patch 4.09 and re-lock rest of SFS´s ?

sure and get sued by microsoft for a copy right infringement.

Daimler
10-26-2007, 12:25 PM
Sonar effect is CHEAT :D Sounds like these can eliminate this.
And 1C company is crew full of great sim makers and I belive they can do their own real sounds pretty good too. 8)
BoB is far away yet. :?

Lewicide
10-26-2007, 01:36 PM
Anyone fired Hs-129 gun yet?

Total Pwnage of

T45's and all armour

death to torpedo boats and armoured patrol boats (2-3 shots 1 if lucky)

takes about 8-10 seconds to reload

cool animation of the spent cases being ejected

I sunk a tanker with one too :D

BlitzPig_DDT
10-26-2007, 01:46 PM

It's not a Hawk75 though. That's the point. It's a crude AI FM/DM, meant for use by the AI in such a way as to allow them to mimic the plane close enough for gov't work while also allowing them to present a challenge to humans.

In short, they are little more than graphic representations that rely both on their crude FM, AND the controlling AI to behave something like the plane ought to. When controlled by a human, you suddenly have something that is FAR too capable in most cases.

You would be better off re-skinning another plane and using it as a stand in. (this IS a simulator afterall, what the hell is the point of "flying" a collection of pixels that looks like something if it doesn't BEHAVE like it the thing it looks like? And player controlled AI do not.)

Lewicide
10-26-2007, 02:01 PM
Should someone tweak the FM/DM then?

msalama
10-26-2007, 02:45 PM

FAR easier said than done.

1.JaVA_Sharp
10-26-2007, 03:04 PM

yeah, the programmers/designers and NOT the hackers.

SG2_Wasy
10-26-2007, 03:06 PM
It won't happen as the sounds are aparently rips from CSF3, talk about copyright issues.

All engines sound makes special for mod, about samples from the MAW, author of this samples give resolve use them in the mod.

Luffe
10-26-2007, 03:38 PM

All engines sound makes special for mod, about samples from the MAW, author of this samples give resolve use them in the mod.

Wasy, I'm no expert but I'm not sure it is that simple.

Who recorded, and not just copy/edit, the original samples used in the mod?

Keep in mind that Il2 is still a commercial product and that Maddox also have certain obligations to UBI Soft as to what is added to the sim in the patches.

Just my thoughts .

Tiger33
10-26-2007, 07:07 PM
Hi
I'm creator of majority of sounds actually in last version of mod and the sounds are not at all property of anyboby.
I use my personnal records extract to many hours from aérial meeting videos and audio records directly from aircrafts.
These samples are composed by myself with a semi professional software and mixed with various recording levels.
All these sounds are my property and so, no copyright problem.

Lewicide
10-26-2007, 09:57 PM

yeah, the programmers/designers and NOT the hackers.

I was kidding :lol:

fly_zo
10-27-2007, 01:17 AM
I believe that sound mod is here to stay and if SOW BoB doesn't be out soon everyone will be playing moded game ..... and half of people here will jump in their mouth for statements they made.

~S~

Z

F19_Klunk
10-27-2007, 08:50 AM
I believe that if the security breach isn't fixed (sound is not the issue, when will you get this?), the online flying will loose out immensly, and THEN "half of people here will jump in their mouth for statements they made" for supporting hacking.

razbijanje

msalama
10-27-2007, 09:34 AM
soon everyone will be playing moded game

A modded game consisting presently of kludgy planes w/ wrong cockpits and incomplete AI FMs for the most part? Yeah, riiight :D

But OK, if it gets much - and I mean MUCH - better then maybe. We'll see.

fly_zo
10-27-2007, 11:02 AM
I believe that if the security breach isn't fixed (sound is not the issue, when will you get this?), the online flying will loose out immensly, and THEN "half of people here will jump in their mouth for statements they made" for supporting hacking.

razbijanje

if bob doesn't come out you will be playing il2... just as you played cfs2 until il2 came along... no choice... so there will be playing hacked or not ( we are all addicted to it ) . Ah and btw i'm strictly offliner so i couldn't care a less for cheating.

razbijanje ... hmmm... u smislu?

fly_zo
10-27-2007, 11:07 AM

A modded game consisting presently of kludgy planes w/ wrong cockpits and incomplete AI FMs for the most part? Yeah, riiight :D

well those guys at least trying to contribute to the community ( since game has been hacked)and prolonging the life of dying game and IMHO they doing a great job.

What the h*ll did you bring at the table?

That's it ...Zoo is officially here!

carguy_
10-27-2007, 12:07 PM
well those guys at least trying to contribute to the community ( since game has been hacked)and prolonging the life of dying game and IMHO they doing a great job.

Correction : they`re trying to give you new stuff.Ilegal or not,whatever,huh?

Let`s say he did not bring anything.That means he refrained from modding a cracked game.That means he refrained from comitting ILLEGAL actions against IL2 author.

Therefore he`s bringing honesty on the table,unlike many people who call themselves fans of IL2 yet they spit daily in Oleg`s face.

fly_zo
10-27-2007, 12:35 PM

Correction : they`re trying to give you new stuff.Ilegal or not,whatever,huh?

Let`s say he did not bring anything.That means he refrained from modding a cracked game.That means he refrained from comitting ILLEGAL actions against IL2 author.

Therefore he`s bringing honesty on the table,unlike many people who call themselves fans of IL2 yet they spit daily in Oleg`s face.

ah the Zoo master ... first of all guys that do mods didn't crack the game! It has been hacked by someone who likes to cheat online OK? Why would someone dishonest invest so much time and work in bringing new stuff to community for free? If they were so bad they would keep it quiet and fly fm uber planes online.

Your so called honesty doesn't mean a thing to me ... go open FMB... make just one mission for community and i will find a little respect for you.
Endless posts with no use what so ever here and at the Zoo i can't use ...

go and quote someone else

carguy_
10-27-2007, 12:48 PM
ah the Zoo master ...

Insult as the first paragraph words?Too easy!

first of all guys that do mods didn't crack the game! It has been hacked by someone who likes to cheat online OK?

No difference.Those who benefit actively from the cracking ie. USE it to suit their needs are just as guilty.

Why would someone dishonest invest so much time and work in bringing new stuff to community for free? If they were so bad they would keep it quiet and fly fm uber planes online.

Free?I`d say for everything!The community is paying a huge price and will pay more in the future.Other than that, selling a modified IL2 under a different mark would probably trigger legal actions.Putting a FREE label on an illegal application/file doesn`t change a thing.Well...maybe besides giving some of you a reason to justify the modding/crack tools.
Anyhow, lot of ppl work as criminals for life and are exemplary fathers/husbands/neighbors.Doesn`t make them one bit better than they really are.

Your so called honesty doesn't mean a thing to me ... go open FMB... make just one mission for community and i will find a little respect for you.

Hey,

maybe you don`t know

but

I don`t care what you think of me!

SAVVY?!

go and quote someone else

8)

fly_zo
10-27-2007, 01:06 PM
as i said ... endless worthless posts ....

carguy_
10-27-2007, 01:11 PM
yello?

What part of

Hey,

maybe you don`t know

but

I don`t care what you think of me!

SAVVY?!

you don`t understand?

fly_zo
10-27-2007, 01:16 PM
quoting .... it is kind of fetish for you? ... let it go man ... just say no

when there is no one else ...quoting yourself is bad .... you can go blind you know 8)

msalama
10-27-2007, 01:18 PM
Seems like I touched a nerve there ;)

My opinion. You've problem w/ that? Fine... because I really couldn't care less :D

Aha, so you don't like people expressing their opinions, I take it? Then by all means feel free to leave... just mind the door on your way out :D

fly_zo
10-27-2007, 01:22 PM
Seems like I touched a nerve there ;)

My opinion. You've problem w/ that, fine, because I really couldn't care less :D

Aha, so you don't like people expressing their opinions, I take it? Then by all means feel free to leave... just mind the door on your way out :D

carguy cried for help i take it ? ... the more the merrier :D

ok enogh ... Monday will come and poor Evgeny will have to much work as it is....

stay well .... both of you
Z

msalama
10-27-2007, 01:24 PM
But OK, I'll elaborate a bit further still if you don't mind:

1) I'm an onliner first and foremost, and online play is, amongst other things, about trust. Trust, OTOH, consists partly of an unmodified game. Now why exactly should I exchange all this for a game modified w/ components that are IMO largely of substandard quality anyway?

2) I'm not saying all mods are categorically evil, or that no good whatsoever can come from modding the game. But whether this'll ever happen remains to be seen - and as I stated already the current mods, tatty as they are, are really not worth it for me, because how would the other OL players _know_ what I'm running had I any of them installed? Thus, no mods for me, thank you...

3) I could of course install two separate versions of the game for off- and online, or use some kind of mod/original switcher if I wanted to. But again why bother at least yet, because as I stated already the mods that I know of are pretty kludgy? And still we have these soapbox prophets here who with their almighty crystal ball predict that we'll be assimilated soon and all resistance is futile... please :D

So yeah, maybe some day, as I said already. But with the current offerings? No frikkin' way...

fly_zo
10-27-2007, 01:26 PM
Aha, you're still here... the door locked or something?

ok but that will leave you bored to death ...

carguy_
10-27-2007, 01:29 PM
quoting .... it is kind of fetish for you? ... let it go man ... just say no

I find TAGERT way of posting kinda fun. :lol:

Other than that, I think every forum member deserves to be answered in a proper,precise way. 8)

when there is no one else ...quoting yourself is bad .... you can go blind you know 8)

I talked to a doctor about that.Said it`s nothing but a superstition :roll: :D

fly_zo
10-27-2007, 01:31 PM
hey guys its been fun ...like dogfight server... no hard feelings

Z

carguy_
10-27-2007, 01:38 PM
hey guys its been fun ...like dogfight server... no hard feelings

On the contrary, I suddenly found out that many folks posting are two faced opportunists with no respect whatsoever. :(

It`s not like I`m going to send you all to hell or keep insulting ya or trigger legal actions

but

I wouldn`t want to have a beer with ya either. :roll:

1.JaVA_Sharp
10-27-2007, 01:46 PM

maybe after SOW comes out, but definetly NOT before.

Now Evgeny, perhaps you should lock this thread.

fly_zo
10-27-2007, 01:51 PM
i'm sooooo sorry if you got impression that the beer is offered ....

as i said Zoo ...

@Evgeny: sorry m8 for making your job harder than it is .... :oops:

msalama
10-27-2007, 02:16 PM
no hard feelings

M8, surely not. We the community can disagree even vehemently at times, but I at least have a way of NOT taking any of that c**p personally ;) But still, you have to admit that modding the game _does_ present the online community w/ grave problems, no?

But as I said already, I'm not entirely of an opinion of all modding being from Satan myself, onliner or not... so, again, we just have to wait and see, no?

Stay well m8 2 ;)

F19_Klunk
10-27-2007, 02:18 PM

razbijanje

if bob doesn't come out you will be playing il2... just as you played cfs2 until il2 came along... no choice... so there will be playing hacked or not ( we are all addicted to it ) . Ah and btw i'm strictly offliner so i couldn't care a less for cheating.

I said ONLINE flying will loose out immensely... and as an offliner you don't care... that is quite obvious.

Da.... mislim!

msalama
10-27-2007, 02:20 PM
I wouldn`t want to have a beer with ya either. :roll:

You sure 'bout that? Arguing this topic over a pint or a million would pass the evening like nobody's business IMO! :D

fly_zo
10-27-2007, 02:46 PM
no hard feelings

M8, surely not. We the community can disagree even vehemently at times, but I at least have a way of NOT taking any of that c**p personally ;) But still, you have to admit that modding the game _does_ present the online community w/ grave problems, no?

But as I said already, I'm not entirely of an opinion of all modding being from Satan myself, onliner or not... so, again, we just have to wait and see, no?

Stay well m8 2 ;)

100% agree !!

have nice rest of weekend ( one hour+ daylight saving time)

Z

fly_zo
10-27-2007, 02:48 PM
[quote=

Da.... mislim![/quote]

online prijetnje... katastrofa :shock:

F19_Klunk
10-27-2007, 03:16 PM
for you as an offliner...threat? no!... for us onliners, very much so.
Oleg said it best:

"Say "Thanks" guys who did it... and who do not understand what they did for online community..."

U think Oleg is paranoid as well?

fly_zo
10-27-2007, 03:36 PM
for you as an offliner...threat? no!... for us onliners, very much so.
Oleg said it best:

"Say "Thanks" guys who did it... and who do not understand what they did for online community..."

U think Oleg is paranoid as well?

well i didn't hack the game ..it's been hacked and no one can do nothing about it. I am sorry for onliners but you guys should get together and find solution how to play in peace. Why be angry with offliners who just trying to improve game ( with more or less success )?

i am sorry if i offended you in any way ok?

ugodan vikend
Z

Chadburn
10-27-2007, 07:53 PM
Why be angry with offliners who just trying to improve game ( with more or less success )?

ugodan vikend
Z

Improving the game by hacking into someone else's intellectual property and then stealing sounds from CFS as a substitute, without the original owners' permission? We're supposed to be supportive of theft and illegal alterations? No thanks.

I'd rather have a game that I can continue playing knowing that we're all on a level playing field. Unfortunately, that's now in jeopardy. Instead of increasing the game's longevity, this hack is likely to shorten it drastically.

Tiger33
10-27-2007, 08:04 PM
Improving the game by hacking into someone else's intellectual property and then stealing sounds from CFS as a substitute, without the original owners' permission? We're supposed to be supportive of theft and illegal alterations? No thanks.

Two edition of my post so i repeat !

Hi
I'm creator of majority of sounds actually in last version of mod and the sounds are not at all property of anyboby.
I use my personnal records extract to many hours from aérial meeting videos and audio records directly from aircrafts.
These samples are composed by myself with a semi professional software and mixed with various recording levels.

Daimler
10-27-2007, 10:27 PM
THX Tiger33 . . . . no sonar cheaters + super souds of engines + guns. 8)

fly_zo
10-28-2007, 01:53 AM

Hi

thanks for pointing that up m8 i should put it to my sig cos people have tendency for repeating stuff picked up from forums with no much knowledge of the real facts .

And one more thing to be absolutely clear : with sound mod you can't alter anything but sounds ... it doesn't content any tool for messing with the sfs files!!!

Thanks for all your work... it brought big smile on my face

:D
Z

ElAurens
10-28-2007, 02:02 AM
Yeah Tiger33, thanks for ruining my game experience.

I really really appreciate the fact that you broke the law, broke the code and broke the online game.

It makes me feel so warm and fuzzy inside.

Jerk.

Tiger33
10-28-2007, 07:54 AM
Yeah Tiger33, thanks for ruining my game experience.

I really really appreciate the fact that you broke the law, broke the code and broke the online game.

It makes me feel so warm and fuzzy inside.

Jerk.

I've not broken any code or online game but my post is in response to guys who think that sounds are taken from microsoft cfs3....
I'm the creator of majority engines samples and that's all !!
So no attack to SG2_Wasy concerning copyright of samples....

crazyivan1970
10-28-2007, 08:56 AM
For those who does not understand:

Cracking files.sfs doesnt mean that way to PROPER modding is open, understand that, chew on it... get it finally. There are only a hand full of people in the world that know how to insert, adjust, correct ... etc components of IL-2 PROPERLY and they all work for 1C... anybody else, who thinks that he is IT, NEEDS REALITY CHECK. You can stand on your head... use all your programming skills and whatever else you can throw out there... until someone in 1C seats down with you and explains HOW TO, you are stuck in the rather pathetic attempts that look more like abortion, then anything else... And it takes weeks to explain too. Sooo... oh the bright ones... one day, as was said above, some of you mod supporters will say those words: WTF was i thinking... this is all crap.

fly_zo
10-28-2007, 09:34 AM
jup, and that day is when SoW BoB comes out just like it was with cfs2 when IL2 came...

stay well

Z

SlipBall
10-28-2007, 10:25 AM

Cracking files.sfs doesnt mean that way to PROPER modding is open, understand that, chew on it... get it finally. There are only a hand full of people in the world that know how to insert, adjust, correct ... etc components of IL-2 PROPERLY and they all work for 1C... anybody else, who thinks that he is IT, NEEDS REALITY CHECK. You can stand on your head... use all your programming skills and whatever else you can throw out there... until someone in 1C seats down with you and explains HOW TO, you are stuck in the rather pathetic attempts that look more like abortion, then anything else... And it takes weeks to explain too. Sooo... oh the bright ones... one day, as was said above, some of you mod supporters will say those words: WTF was i thinking... this is all crap.

Well said, shame that it has come to this.....have to think of Bob now, and how to protect it from kids

F19_Klunk
10-28-2007, 07:34 PM
eh?

crazyivan1970
10-28-2007, 08:44 PM
ok

stalkervision
10-28-2007, 09:52 PM
> Не хочу обидеть, но, размахивать кулаками надо было на сухом 3 месяца назад... Теперь уже немножко поздно, не правда ли?

"I do not want to offend, but, to swing by cams it was necessary on the dry of 3 months ago... It is now already a little late, not truth whether?

RaVe
10-29-2007, 01:46 AM

Cracking files.sfs doesnt mean that way to PROPER modding is open, understand that, chew on it... get it finally. There are only a hand full of people in the world that know how to insert, adjust, correct ... etc components of IL-2 PROPERLY and they all work for 1C... anybody else, who thinks that he is IT, NEEDS REALITY CHECK. You can stand on your head... use all your programming skills and whatever else you can throw out there... until someone in 1C seats down with you and explains HOW TO, you are stuck in the rather pathetic attempts that look more like abortion, then anything else... And it takes weeks to explain too. Sooo... oh the bright ones... one day, as was said above, some of you mod supporters will say those words: WTF was i thinking... this is all crap.CrazyIvan??
just some clarity for my slow brain please....
Here is my question...

Can the FM be changed?

Or am I understanding that what you are saying above is that,.. all is OK. there is no way they can change the FM.
Thanks Rave

carguy_
10-29-2007, 01:17 PM
Can the FM be changed?

Yes.

And very easy to do it is.

Daimler
11-07-2007, 06:58 PM
Can the FM be changed?

Yes.

NO.

It isn´t.

http://www.thelin.net/laurent/cinema/photos/and_now_for_something_completely_different/john_cleese________.jpg

SlipBall
11-07-2007, 07:34 PM
If they can have the pilot run around the aircraft, I think that the flight model can be changed....or one aircraft's fm, applied to a different aircraft....just a quess

ElAurens
11-07-2007, 10:53 PM
They can make any FM appear online as any other aircraft they choose to.

They can also make any aircraft appear with the skin of their choosing. This was done before, but it is now back, so the next time you get hunted down while trying to terrain mask, just remember that to the script kiddies your aircraft is bright red with white polka dots...

And they think they are providing a service to the"community".

:roll:

Bearcat
11-08-2007, 01:11 PM

Hi

:idea: Have you considered donating the sounds to 1C for incorporation into the sim with a disclaimer stating that very fact? Perhaps if you did so Oleg would consider incorporating them at some point and relocking the sim.. or even adding them as an option in the config file.. newsounds=1, 2 etc.. That would go a long way towards a solution to the complaints of many and maintaining the integrity of the sim. . The sounds are great.. but because I know that Oleg never intended to have the sim modified like this and because of the reputation of myself and my squad.. we have chosen to have no part of the sound hack... unless it is eventually sanctioned by Oleg & 1C.

razbijanje

What rubbish... The only true statement is that many will indeed be still flying IL2 if BoB doesn't come out soon.. but primarily because it is still the best thing going in a WWII CFS .. whether or not they will be flying the hack is another story and one that you obviously are not qualified to do anything but make an uneducated guess on, since as you said.. you don't fly online. As for a dieing sim.. well FYI IL2 and subsequently FB has been on a steady upward climb since it's release... thats a fact... and it still is, the only reason why many MSCFS flyers took so long to come over was either :

A)Their rigs were more suited to the less demanding MSCFS reqs
B)Most of their friends/squaddies were still in MSCFS and they didn't want to leave.
C)They were just being loyal to what they were familiar with and never gave IL2/FB a chance.. or if they did they gave it a cursory look.. which everyone knows is not always enough to see what a real gem this sim is.

Many folks tried to fly the sim initially and thought it was all wrong because they couldn't take off every time when they first got into it... so rather than do the work and learn the sim they went back to what was easier.. but far more sterile.. thats why so many are coming over here now...

I just cant do the hack debate anymore... The people who fail to see the problem with this .. the bigger picture.. because it isnt just about the sounds... never will.

You know.. you talk about "the Zoo is here" and yet with that attitude of name calling and such... you help to bring that mentality here more so than anything I have seen in this thread. :roll:

That brings to mind the pilot episode of Star Trek.. where Pike was stuck on that planet with the butthead guys... a ship had crashed there years earlier and there was one survivor.. a little girl.. they saved her.. but because they had no idea what human physiology was like when they put her back together it was bass ackwards.. Thats what we get with the hackers who think they know enough to mod the sim.... Sure they can modify files.... but that does NOT a mod make like Ivan said...

fly_zo
11-08-2007, 01:29 PM
@ bearcat: .... if you just could lock this one too... unlocked and newer the less in official forum....

just joking....can't resist.... sorry :D

Z

BlitzPig_DDT
11-08-2007, 01:31 PM
Can the FM be changed?

Yes.

NO.

It isn´t.

http://www.thelin.net/laurent/cinema/photos/and_now_for_something_completely_different/john_cleese________.jpg

:lol:

"Well this isn't an argument!"

stalkervision
11-08-2007, 01:36 PM
being primarly a "off-liner" I see many of the mods as a real plus. It is a real plus to have the actual sound of a me-109 when your flying one! :)

IMO it is a real improvment!! 8) Now will someone work on the lousy torque curves in the game? :cry:

BTW, I have no problem whatsoever with oleg making a server patch to lock up the game for onliners if that will stop all the on-liners sniveling little girl whining.. :D

SG1_Gunkan
11-08-2007, 07:54 PM
For offliners, the mod's are very welcome. Vitaminen for the sim! But you know, the minority are hardcore simmers . Very little in number, but very noisy. :wink:

Chadburn
11-09-2007, 12:48 PM
For offliners, the mod's are very welcome. Vitaminen for the sim! But you know, the minority are hardcore simmers . Very little in number, but very noisy. :wink:

Agreed. Offliners=gamers. Onliners=Simmers. And yes, mods are welcome to online players as well. But what we're talking about here are hacks.

BSS_Sniper
11-15-2007, 11:44 PM
I'm not sure if some of you realize that if the sounds are opened, which is fine with me, the only person that will hear them or be affected by them will be the person that installed them on his/her computer. It really doesn't make a difference to anyone else. You will only hear what you have as far as sounds are concerned, on your own computer.

HanzBlixz
11-16-2007, 06:38 AM
The MOD sounds can absolutley have a negative effect on the other flyers in an online dogfight.

BSS_Sniper is correct in that "the only person that will hear them" will be the one with the MOD sound installed on their computer... however the sound definelty can affect the others online.

BSS_Sniper check your PM for an explanation. Once you read it you will clearly understand why I'm not posting it here.

jermin
11-16-2007, 07:18 AM
Thanks for your great mod, tiger! I have stopped flying for months. It is your mod that briought me to my Anton. :twisted:

As for online play, I prefer introducing a server side command to decide whether using sound mod or not.

1.JaVA_Sharp
11-16-2007, 08:23 AM
The MOD sounds can absolutley have a negative effect on the other flyers in an online dogfight.

BSS_Sniper is correct in that "the only person that will hear them" will be the one with the MOD sound installed on their computer... however the sound definelty can affect the others online.

BSS_Sniper check your PM for an explanation. Once you read it you will clearly understand why I'm not posting it here.

mind repeating that to me as well. I'm rather curious about the hows and whats myself.

HanzBlixz
11-16-2007, 04:19 PM
I’m sorry Mr. 1.JaVA_Sharp

I’ve spent too many hours contributing to programs to deter online cheating and will not make this into a “How To” for the dishonest individuals out there.

1C has been sent a list of methods on how to use a sound mod to cheat and affect other online gamers.

**If anyone listed them here I would hope a moderator would delete them immediately.**

For a copy of the list sent to 1C try the following.

Post the topic/question directly to Oleg or 1C titled…
“Oleg please publish a tutorial in your forum called -
“Modding for Morons - How to exploit sound mods that pass CRT=2 so that I may ruin the online gaming experience of others.”

(I sure some of you could come up with a better title.)

1C has the list I sent them. CrazyIvan has also been given an overview.
I will let them decide if they would like to share it.

1.JaVA_Sharp
11-16-2007, 05:21 PM
Hanz, no problem. PM answered btw.

SG2_Wasy
11-16-2007, 06:21 PM
If search only cheats even 4.09 don't help you.

Huxley_S
11-17-2007, 10:09 PM
I installed the sound mod and all it did was change my menu and messages into Russian and make my guns very quiet... :(

jermin
11-19-2007, 10:31 AM
Cheating by cracking file.sfs file has been seen online before 4.07, whether you believe it or not. IL2 isn't as hard to crack as you think. Even Starforce can be cracked. Every popular game should spend a bunch of time to deal with cheating issues. But we haven't seen any game companies stop making games because there is cheating in them, right? I have said it before and I would like to say it once again: Modding the game does not necessarily mean cracking the game. It depends whether this "mod" is made with CHEATING in mind. Obviously this sound mod isn't. We cannot forbid modding just because somebody uses it's bug to cheat, just like we cannot stop eating because of a hiccup. It's not the modder(food)'s fault. Modding is good for the game, just like eating is good for us. Think about other games, e.g. Battlefield series, Half Life series, Call of Duty series, LockOn, FS seires, CFS series, Flashpoint, Falcon 4, Silent Hunter. Mods make these game more popular, versertile and give them much longer life. I just dont understand why some people are so excited about the sound mod, shouting here and there, as if they finnaly find a decent reason to accuse someone shot him down in a "overmodelled" plane cheating. I can say that most of those who are very nervous about the sound mod are inexperienced players, because PWNers just don't scare cheaters.

1.JaVA_Sharp
11-19-2007, 04:31 PM
Cheating by cracking file.sfs file has been seen online before 4.07, whether you believe it or not. IL2 isn't as hard to crack as you think. Even Starforce can be cracked. Every popular game should spend a bunch of time to deal with cheating issues. But we haven't seen any game companies stop making games because there is cheating in them, right? I have said it before and I would like to say it once again: Modding the game does not necessarily mean cracking the game. It depends whether this "mod" is made with CHEATING in mind. Obviously this sound mod isn't. We cannot forbid modding just because somebody uses it's bug to cheat, just like we cannot stop eating because of a hiccup. It's not the modder(food)'s fault. Modding is good for the game, just like eating is good for us. Think about other games, e.g. Battlefield series, Half Life series, Call of Duty series, LockOn, FS seires, CFS series, Flashpoint, Falcon 4, Silent Hunter. Mods make these game more popular, versertile and give them much longer life. I just dont understand why some people are so excited about the sound mod, shouting here and there, as if they finnaly find a decent reason to accuse someone shot him down in a "overmodelled" plane cheating. I can say that most of those who are very nervous about the sound mod are inexperienced players, because PWNers just don't scare cheaters.

thank you for driving on a road already taken. :roll:

Monty_Thrud
11-20-2007, 01:33 PM
:roll: Agreed. Offliners=gamers. Onliners=Simmers. And yes, mods are welcome to online players as well. But what we're talking about here are hacks.

That is the biggest load of rubbish posted on these forums.

It's foolish comments like this, that split the Offline and Online community.

Ploughman
11-20-2007, 05:59 PM
I'd be interested to know what, if anything, is planned for the Il-2 engine after its development by Maddox etc., is discontinued. There are a few planes I'd still be willing to pay money for, more light bombers, Blenheim, Wellington, B-26, , a Spit XIV and so on. There's a few more $ in the old girl yet, at least out of my wallet.

wgvette
11-21-2007, 07:50 AM
As an offliner I can almost understand the argument in saying that the hack doesn't hurt anything, but only almost!

I have no interest in adding the sound or any other unofficial mod to my game. Several posts talk of IL2 being a dying game or that the mod breaths new life into it.

While I have only been playing the game for a couple years, I find it hard to believe that every possible thing to do in the game has been done.
More likely the boredom of the game comes from doing the same old thing with it. With all the flyable aircraft and different maps, there has to be something left untried. I of course could be very wrong, but I don't think so.

One last thought...How many pilots during WWII; do you think got bored going out on yet another patrol, or wished for a different sounding airplane after a hundred different missions???

Baco
12-21-2007, 11:57 PM
One last thought...How many pilots during WWII; do you think got bored going out on yet another patrol, or wished for a different sounding airplane after a hundred different missions???

Real WWII didn´t fly more than 2 years in all.
I have been flying Il-2 series for more than 5 now...

I love patroling, I even love flying cargo from point A to b.
Il-2´s FM is so satisfying that just flying is grate.
That is why getting transports and recon planes is such a treat.

And Yes I hate that it had to be this way. But they are here and I can´t turn my back on them.

Baco
12-22-2007, 12:00 AM
There's a few more $ in the old girl yet, at least out of my wallet.

You can say that aggain. If Olleg or RRG or someone conected to Oleg was to put all the mods on an add-on, Not prefect them but leave them as they are, and make them "legal and maybe secure for the comunity". Oh I would pay money all right.