PDA

View Full Version : Best/Worst Feature?

Evgeny
10-19-2007, 12:36 PM
Which feature of the game you liked and which one you didn't like?

Yuki
10-20-2007, 11:36 AM
personally, i liked the map options such as the field of vision of the enemies being displayed and the mini map in display. on the other side i would like to have a bit more control in the map in the menu such as zooming and moving the map for more information.

also the "E" button regarding opening and closing doors and strangling could use some improvement, and although there was a huge choice of weapons, i always seemed to pick the same ones (the silenced nagant revolver was standard with me :) )

i also liked the tips occasionally being displayed, also that they didn`t give a clear idea of how to do things so it didn`t spoil the fun of figuring it out yourself.

and i liked the stances option, crawling, crouching and walking/running, but would like to see the camera being free from the body moving.

overall, just a few minor things if i really have to name something :) (but you asked :P ) i loved this game and in my opinion there was nothing that harmed the gaming fun, maybe just the difficulty slightly but this forum helped that out a lot

mbv
10-20-2007, 11:40 AM
LIKE - Pretty much the whole concept of being a SMERSH operative behind enemy lines in WWII. I cannot fault the gameplay really as all areas of the game design have been so well thought out.

DISLIKE - If I had one dislike it is that you are always a lone operative. It would be good to have a partner to control on some missions (perhaps a female SMERSH oeprative? :) ) and perhaps the capability to switch between player characters eg. like in Strike Force or Hidden and Dangerous. A few more sniper missions would be most welcome also!

hank3150
10-24-2007, 01:38 PM
there are a alot of weapons in the game, but like Yuki said, you probably only use a few of them on the missions. I also think that the game looks alot like the hitman series. but overal i think it's a great game

xXx
10-24-2007, 01:55 PM
I don't like the option to see enemies vision range... it's not realistic and there's no need to hide when you are out of range. :roll:

Basher
10-25-2007, 09:20 AM
Like:

AI seems pretty intend on throwing granates at you when discovered
Ability to stealth it or massslaughter it
The many ways of completing the missions = freedom

Dislike:

Closing doors is a little buggy
Screenshots get overwritten when starting the game

Would like to see:
Camera movement (turn the camera and look at yourself)

Overall a very nice game :)

Tobus
11-19-2007, 07:59 AM

Dislikes:
Not all doors can be opened or closed, which seems iffy.
Game could use a single click stun and/or knife in all relative stances between you and guards.
Camera and movement seem better tuned in Splinter Cell than in Death to Spies: camera should not be linked to the direction your character is facing.

BlackMamba
11-22-2007, 07:46 PM
Like: the challenge

Dislike: That you cant use windows and all doors, germans cant speak german (only few words), they move like zombies, that they have to good hearing, that you cant gives orders to soldiers when you have an officer uniform, this bug that they can move into a wall, closing doors.

But very good game overall, if you can just fix some issues, maybe a little with controll and so. Finally an russian game about WW2 from soviets perspective..

redscare
12-07-2007, 11:07 AM
Pros:
-Higher than average difficulty. It's great to find a game that actually posses a challenge.
-Ultra-fast quick-loading. Makes 100% painless trying to get out of difficult situations. Without this, the game would become unbearable!!
-Different stances, enemy uniforms, weapons.
-Suspicion system. It's great to see that carrying a soviet weapon not only gives you away, but actually modifies the sight range of enemies at which they start to realize you're not one of them.
-Great level design and programming (I was like WTF when I saw the brigdle level, it's incredible that such a big level runs as smooth as the small ones in my outdated system with outdated graphic card).

Cons:
-Clunky gameplay sometimes: Having to be EXACTLY behind an enemy to choke him, having to be way too near the doors to open/close them. It's a pity that some of the most difficult points come from this issues instead of coming from enemy AI/level design.
-You don't get to use a lot of weapons, specially the soviet ones.

But whatever you do in the expansion/sequel: keep loading times as they are now!! :grin:

CRUNCH
12-08-2007, 02:37 PM
the only thing that needs change is, when you get new uniform you should not have too still sneek around so much.looked at,yes, but not 8secs of looking and bam someone from acroos the road knows your a fake lol.other then that,dont change a thing and wreck it.just add and improve.the graphics were also very good.good luck with expansion.

fc0rattle
12-31-2007, 01:20 PM
I hope they keep ragdolls as they are now, and loading times were quick too.
But where is the blood? I realise you can't change clothes if you shot someone because the clothes were bloodstained but I can't see any blood!

Full camera movement would be great too, I thought the graphics were great but i could never see my character from the front. (except using the mirror)

Also maybe more dialogue between the npcs, and maybe you could speak or give orders to soldiers while disguised as officer?

I hope they don't change too much because i really like this game. But some additions would be nice

Skooma
12-31-2007, 04:53 PM
I don't like the option to see enemies vision range... it's not realistic and there's no need to hide when you are out of range. :roll:

The whole point of this game to me anyway is to hide in plain sight by a getting uniform.

I don't like how the AI can be so easily tricked and worked around. I eliminated a lot of people in the 2nd level and people just down the hall didn't notice.