PDA

View Full Version : COMPETITION

Bloodstar
10-17-2007, 03:58 PM
LOL
After reading this forum I just tried 18 Wheel of Steel Haulin. The demo on website could be a virus (Zone Alarm report). But, Chezh have learned something. Their first games were appaling.

This game is somewhat better. Maybe they collected few tricks after seeing King of the Road.

Anyway, demo is just 60 minutes of play and I didn't finished my mission, to deliver some army cargo from Seattle to San Francisco. Anyway not so bad...

What you think overally about other truck simulations and can you compare it somehow?

And truck driving is not easy job lol

Mario

Flagman_20
10-17-2007, 04:41 PM
You hadn't tried 18 Wos Haulin yet? Wow :shock:
Either way, it's a pretty good simulation, nice graphics and many unregistered trucks (Mack=Metalhorse; Forrenerunner=Freightliner etc)and lots of cargoes. And it's easy to mod, so, if you ever want to add turcks and trailers, it's pretty easy.

trucknisse
10-17-2007, 04:53 PM
You can mod the map too if you want.
I am currently working on a LA mod map. The LA freeway system is very extensive.

Pete379x
10-17-2007, 08:05 PM
Ya its pretty easy to mod,Its a simple good trucking game! But im sure RNR will be better.

Flagman_20
10-17-2007, 08:25 PM
Of course it will, that's why we've been all waiting for SOO long :)

Bloodstar
10-18-2007, 04:34 AM
Either way, it's a pretty good simulation, nice graphics and many unregistered trucks (Mack=Metalhorse; Forrenerunner=Freightliner etc)and lots of cargoes. And it's easy to mod, so, if you ever want to add turcks and trailers, it's pretty easy.

The only reason why I didn't tried this game is because I tried some games of that company around 2000 or 2002. I don't know.

It was disaster back then. I know that I was thinking what a bloody amateurs is that company.

Since then they obviously improved somewhat, but they are still bloody amateurs compared with Softlab LOL

Flagman_20
10-18-2007, 01:24 PM
Agreed, Bloodstar.
Other than Pedal to the Metal and Haulin, I don't enjoy any other SCS game.
F*****g ameateurs compared to Softlab/1C.
Even thought Euro Truck Simulator looks good.

toyota-martin
10-19-2007, 02:57 PM

The only reason why I didn't tried this game is because I tried some games of that company around 2000 or 2002. I don't know.

It was disaster back then. I know that I was thinking what a bloody amateurs is that company.

Since then they obviously improved somewhat, but they are still bloody amateurs compared with Softlab LOL

valusoft/scs had made a few bad games ;)

the only games that really are good games are pedal to the metal and haulin' BUT. both of those games sucks to if u don't get the pathes for the games :)

don't think we have to talk about Convoy, i can give a good describtion of the game with a few words, IT SUCKS ;)

toradnic
10-19-2007, 04:01 PM
I think haulin is best Simulator for trucks on market. It's attractive because of it's low HW requirements. The game itself is better from part to part. AA was fine, funny physics and lovely made models. Pttm was like childs play, animated graphics, arcade physics system and bit borig after all. Convoy seems to by beta of Haulin. Haulin is best, improoved physics, beautyful graphics, and also fine game mode.

And say whatever you want, you aren't able to find any better truck sim tahn 18WOS haulin

Bloodstar
10-19-2007, 04:46 PM
I think haulin is best Simulator for trucks on market. It's attractive because of it's low HW requirements. The game itself is better from part to part. AA was fine, funny physics and lovely made models. Pttm was like childs play, animated graphics, arcade physics system and bit borig after all. Convoy seems to by beta of Haulin. Haulin is best, improoved physics, beautyful graphics, and also fine game mode.

And say whatever you want, you aren't able to find any better truck sim tahn 18WOS haulin

Yes, OK, maybe you are even right,

BUT...

King of the Road was released in 2002. those jokers lol from Valusoft, SCS had 4 bloody years to copy best part of King of the Road and do better graphics etc... it was released in 2006.

I know what game had they in 2002! And mind you that was the time when King of the Road was released!

So basically those "bastards" lol have good simulation ONLY because Rig'n'Roll is not yet released.

Of course you may say whaterer you want but Softlab NSK is far better developers then those SCS...

The wait will be worth...

But, maybe that haulin game is worth 20$ but I will not buy it because I don't mind waitting for Rig'n'Roll. SCS are copy paste guys.

Mario

Flagman_20
10-19-2007, 08:02 PM
I don't mind waitting for Rig'n'Roll.

I thought you did mind waititng... 8)

Bloodstar
10-19-2007, 11:33 PM
I don't mind waitting for Rig'n'Roll.

I thought you did mind waititng... 8)

Heh... :wink:

I must confuse 1C and Softlab... 8)

In any way maybe Softlab is non profit organisation so they can make this game forever 8)

But when they finally release the game they will have enough money to go to Spielbergs restaraunt in LA and see how his mother is cooking LOL

Mario

Alex Pianist
10-20-2007, 01:43 AM
Bloodstar
Have you ever played 18wos Hauling? I think that NO, because you wrote stupid things.
King of the Road was released in 2002. those jokers lol from Valusoft, SCS had 4 bloody years to copy best part of King of the Road and do better graphics etc... it was released in 2006.
If you could write at least one "best part" of the HT2 that was copied to 18wos, I'll be very thankful. Why don't you mention HT1? It was their first game, and compare to the second - it sucks. Why do you think SCS had to make an outstanding game when it was their first trucksim?

So basically those "bastards" lol have good simulation ONLY because Rig'n'Roll is not yet released.
So those "bastards" make good games, and such a clever and an intelligent man like you - write shitty posts. However, SCS do make games, release them, and improve them, when Softlab just feeding their fans with empty promises.

SCS are copy paste guys
Think before you write, that really helps.

Bloodstar
10-20-2007, 05:24 AM
Have you ever played 18wos Hauling? I think that NO, because you wrote stupid things.

No, you wrote stupid things. Read my first post, I played the demo.
I see that we have here a case of SCS fanboy on a Rig'n'Roll fan page, way to go.

If you could write at least one "best part" of the HT2 that was copied to 18wos, I'll be very thankful. Why don't you mention HT1? It was their first game, and compare to the second - it sucks. Why do you think SCS had to make an outstanding game when it was their first trucksim?

I said King of the Road, if that is HT 2 then fine. I agree that everybody improves. I was comparing 2002. release to 2002. release. or something like that. First, I played some game from SCS and I was thinking to myself "Gee! This truck is moving like a ball on a pool table LOL."
They almost didn't had any physics whatsoever. LOL

So those "bastards" make good games, and such a clever and an intelligent man like you - write shitty posts. However, SCS do make games, release them, and improve them, when Softlab just feeding their fans with empty promises.

Huhuhu... Naughty boy is upset, didn't you? Did somebody took some toy from you?
Man relax - that was a free expression, nothing else.
BTW, and I wouldn't offend Softlab on these boards. Go then to SCS boards if they have them and tell them how superb they are.
Softlab is not feeding fans with empty promises, what are you SCS employee?
Game is late but I am sure I repeat that it will blow everyone once it is released. I had also overreacted and we need to have a little bit more patience.

Think before you write, that really helps.

Uh, uh, you have really scared me bu-huuu. Listen, I can say that SCS games suck big time. OK they have improved somewhat but not drastically. You don't agree with me fine - then please take a hike because certanly I will not lose time on you.

Mario

Flagman_20
10-20-2007, 10:58 AM
I had so much fun reading those posts LOL :lol: :lol: !!
Different opinions, don't insult each other for that.

Chill the f**k out, both of you (no offense, of course). I think that we all have to agree that 18WoS is a great game, besides, it's the most modern trucksim we've got.

But, I'm sure Rig'n'Roll will be much better. And I have to agree with Bloodstar on one thing: The first SCS trucksims were a big pot of crap, but they have improved a lot.

Just lighten up already, geez :lol: :lol: 8) (again, no offense)

Bloodstar
10-20-2007, 01:55 PM
I had so much fun reading those posts LOL :lol: :lol: !!
Different opinions, don't insult each other for that.

Chill the f**k out, both of you (no offense, of course). I think that we all have to agree that 18WoS is a great game, besides, it's the most modern trucksim we've got.

But, I'm sure Rig'n'Roll will be much better. And I have to agree with Bloodstar on one thing: The first SCS trucksims were a big pot of crap, but they have improved a lot.

Just lighten up already, geez :lol: :lol: 8) (again, no offense)

OK, you are right, I apologize for any offense 8)

I didn't wanted to turn this into some nasty discussion but just for the historical facts I need to ask who have stolen ideas lol?

I see that all games are based on making some truck empire, hiring truckers etc? Does this has to be just like that in truck sim?

Now, I admit that I didn't played all games so I ask simple question, who made first truck sim, Softlab or SCS?

Who do you think borrowed ideas?

And lastly I am not trashing too much this last game from SCS, I played the demo and it is OK - but just need some facts. This is nothing personal.

Mario

Flagman_20
10-20-2007, 02:40 PM
Of course it's not personal.

And I agree, SCS stole some ideas from HT, HT2 and KoTR. But, early 18WoS is still not good as HT2 and other Softlab trucksims.

toyota-martin
10-21-2007, 03:18 PM

I didn't wanted to turn this into some nasty discussion but just for the historical facts I need to ask who have stolen ideas lol?

I see that all games are based on making some truck empire, hiring truckers etc? Does this has to be just like that in truck sim?

Now, I admit that I didn't played all games so I ask simple question, who made first truck sim, Softlab or SCS?

And lastly I am not trashing too much this last game from SCS, I played the demo and it is OK - but just need some facts. This is nothing personal.

Mario

your point with the idea of the game:

i will give a litle example for you.. what is the idea of many of the first person shooters?? to save the world? or kill some other idiot.. oh my.. all most same point in all first person shooter games..

what is the point in the game counterstrike and SWAT 4?? hmm hmm aha.. u are going to kill teorists.. again.. too bad.. one of them stole the others idea..

if SCS should make something else in a trucksim game then driving truck and grov bigger then come with some ideas?? isent that was trucksims is about m8!

Mud
10-21-2007, 11:02 PM
Anyway, demo is just 60 minutes of play and I didn't finished my mission

Oh I hate that demo. I wish it was unlimited time, but it would only let you do 2 missions or something.

Bloodstar
10-22-2007, 07:25 AM

Mario

your point with the idea of the game:

i will give a litle example for you.. what is the idea of many of the first person shooters?? to save the world? or kill some other idiot.. oh my.. all most same point in all first person shooter games..

what is the point in the game counterstrike and SWAT 4?? hmm hmm aha.. u are going to kill teorists.. again.. too bad.. one of them stole the others idea..

if SCS should make something else in a trucksim game then driving truck and grov bigger then come with some ideas?? isent that was trucksims is about m8!

OK, I see what you want to say...
My friend is a truck driver. They could ask truck driver what they should do...
He has 2 drivers and he also drive and later on he will stop driving and have 3 drivers.

They could make a nececary visit to accountant monthly to pay some bills for example and see what he have done this month or something like that. It doesn't NEED to be the same - everything.
They could make anything, truck driver goes to whore (lol), or to the saloon for poker gambling, or fist fight :), or to eat a whole lamb :).

Mario

Bloodstar
10-22-2007, 07:27 AM
Anyway, demo is just 60 minutes of play and I didn't finished my mission

Oh I hate that demo. I wish it was unlimited time, but it would only let you do 2 missions or something.

Yes, demo is really too short. BTW, my friend have relatives in Edmonton, nice place he have told me many times about it. He wanted to live there but he was not able and he ended up in Slovakia now.