PDA

View Full Version : Help request: Installing IL2 under Vista

KOM.Nausicaa
10-17-2007, 03:06 PM
Hello,

I just tried to install IL 1946 on my new laptop from the DVD. It is a Dell XPS 1330 (newest model) with a DVD drive, running VISTA Home Edition.

Following happened: The computer shows IL2 1946 as being present in the DVD drive, and asks if I trust the program to be installed. I click YES. Then nothing happens. I tried this multiple times. I am running the computer as Administrator, I also right-clicked on the installer exe and choose "run as Administrator", but it doesn't help. I have the feeling that VISTA blocks 1946 somehow, but I don't know how to disable this. I tested the DVD drive and even installed other games, so the hardware works ok I think.

Any help would be very much appreciated,

Thanks,

Nausicaa

PS: During installing attempt I was not connected to the internet. Is this necessary?

JG4_Greif
10-17-2007, 03:20 PM
I don`t think that it is necessary to be connected to the internet.
I would say you should wait a while (a long while), after the message came, if you trust the programm. But use the right mouse butten and install it as aministrator.

KOM.Nausicaa
10-17-2007, 04:07 PM
Mhh...the DVD drive just seems to stop running, there is no sound coming from it anymore. I still think the game gets blocked somehow.

EAF331_Hans
10-17-2007, 04:35 PM
Disable UAC (control panel --->User acconts) and try again.

Antoninus
10-17-2007, 08:11 PM
Try to launch the "a.exe" directly from the DVD instead of the normal "setup.exe". For me this way installed the sim correctly under Vista.

Evgeny
10-18-2007, 07:35 AM
Well, you can also ask our support team (support at 1cpublishing.eu)

KOM.Nausicaa
10-18-2007, 10:45 AM
Thanks for the answers :)
I will try this out and come back later to tell if it worked.

mazex
10-18-2007, 09:12 PM
Try to launch the "a.exe" directly from the DVD instead of the normal "setup.exe". For me this way installed the sim correctly under Vista.

Had the same problem myself when Vista arrived, and I had to manually browse the DVD and execute "a.exe" like Antonius describes above. Worked like a charm...

SlipBall
10-18-2007, 10:29 PM
Since Sow will be open GL, I think that I will just keep XP as the OS......Vista sounds hungry from what I have read

EAF331_Hans
10-19-2007, 08:21 AM
The market is slowly moving to Vista. All new computers have Vista since February.
With SP1 (patch from MS, now as beta), Vista will be a faster OS than XP (I tried the SP1 beta, and I can tell you that Vista flies with it) and add to this the new games that will be using DX10 for graphics. I think that in the beginning of next year when SP1 is official, we will see a lot of people wanting to move on from XP to Vista. That's how it works. But at present Vista is not faster than XP.

IL2 will run on both Vista versions (32-bit or 64-bit). Saitek has drivers since May for all their sticks (betas but working fine). Check if you have another manufacturer. Trackir is also working on all Vista versions.

Shrike_UK
10-30-2007, 02:17 AM
Saitek has drivers since May for all their sticks (betas but working fine).

Saitek drivers work fine but the software for programming the buttons doesnt, so my X52 is sitting in the cupboard while i use a Logitech wingman strike force 3d. Sad but true. I hope one day Saitek sort the software out. I have an R440 wheel also, and it plays havok trying to get both to install and work properly on XP, Vista not even 1 will work. but yes, drivers work if your okay with default button assignments :(

ChrisZ
10-30-2007, 11:26 PM
The market is slowly moving to Vista. All new computers have Vista since February.

Not exactly...
With regard to moving to Vista - the sale numbers don't tell the whole truth. You may find this link helpful to see more of this picture:

http://www.news.com/The-XP-alternative-for-Vista-PCs/2100-1016_3-6209481.html?tag=nefd.lede