PDA

View Full Version : That game is .... it makes me so angry.

Hagiman2000
04-09-2011, 08:39 PM
Why is this game soooooo unrealistic? You can't win on Hard Mode. Why are this ******* Shermans indestructible? I tried to play the first German Map on Hard but you can't win.

I take the first three points and thats it. I can't even defend them. I place two pak 38 and a StugIII in the Middle and than a Sherman cames kills the StugIII instantly (both Pak38 destroyed only the tracks) and that the Sherman takes out the paks one by one. The paks hit the Sherman 5-6 times !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
What is that? In War two AT guns and a Stug would instantly kill the Sherman.

The Sherman sooooooooooo bad tank but he rules MoW AS. And there are ******* AT Guns everyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyywhere. And they kill troops instantly. What is this? Where is that realistic? AT Guns are sooooooooooo powerful against Troops. In WW2 they hat no place and manpower to transport HE Granates for ANTI TANK (HELLO ITS ANTI TANK AND NOT ANTI INFANTRY !!!) guns.

Look at Company of Heroes here you have to protect your Anti Tank Gun ( ANTI TANK TANK TANK TANK TANK TANK TANK TANK !!!!!!!!!!!!) against Infantry. But in MoW they are ******* Railguns from the future they kill everything.

It is impossible to win. You can't attack with tanks because you don't have the manpower, and you can't attack with infantry because they have that anti TANK TANK TANK TANK TANK TANK TANK TANK TANK TANK Guns.

That game makes me so angry. I better play Company of Heroes, they don't say that their game is realistic but it is.

signum79
04-12-2011, 07:15 PM
Did you really come on to a forum to whine about how hard a game is .....really.
I am guessing from the fact that you are complaining about MW:AS that you never played the original. This games definition of hard is what some would call Insane mode in most games. Also if you look up AT guns in any book or website you will see that yes they where anti tank guns "but" they where primarly used for defence of positions. All AT guns in WW2 had HE rounds that as everyone knows where doom to infantry or light vehicle that was hit by it.

On another note while shermans where rolling death traps by real life standards , throwing a game on hard and expecting them to roll over and dead is a rather foolish notion. On easy they are paper on treads , on Normal they are ... lack of a better term shermans and on hard they are an Abrams tank wrapped into a king tiger that just happens to look like a sherman.

So next time you play Mow:AS just turn down the difficulty and leave your Malice at home.

KnightFandragon
04-13-2011, 02:16 AM
Why is it "Hard" mode in games is always some sort of just uber'd up AI stuff? The Sherman on Hard is an Abrams tank? Just because it is hard the Sherman suddenly becomes an unrealistic, impervious god? I always found that to be sooooo annoyingly stupid in games that the only thing making "hard", hard is the AI getting all sorts of Aimbots and Armor hacks, damage increases and super resource bonuses while your stuff is just as crappy as ever. I have yet to play AS past the demo but yeah I did notice the Shermans were pretty brutal, taking several side shots from my 50mm AT guns. I played it for like 90 minutes as the Germans to get no further then the bridge and only then to lose it when I moved my captured (76)W to far forward and got it popped by an M5 AT Gun. Also, yeah I realize the skirmish is supposed to be played with people but still.

In MoW, I could handle the AI getting resource bonuses or maybe accuracy bonuses, but giving them armor bonuses and penetration bonuses is just plain retarded in a game that is supposed to be "more so" realistic then others.

As for the last line about CoH being realistic?..........it is as far from realistic as the Titanic is from being a Spitfire.

I spent several hundred hours on it and had a fair amount of fun but there were things in it I disliked about it from day 1, not the least of which was the short 35m range and the fact you cant give your guys a hold position order. There are TONS more now but meh, why think about it when ive got Men of War. I will agree Men of War is a difficult game, even on easy you have to work to win. Not even an army of 20 King Tigers will just simply steam roll anyone, especially the AI. While the Anti Tank Grenades in Men of War are quite OP compared to what they actually were, I LOVE the fact that infantry now serve a purpose past being a stop gap till you unlock all the tiers to spam Vet 3 Panthers and the lone call in King Tiger. I am an Armor Whore normally but Men of War gave Infantry a sort of AWESOME that NO other RTS game ive ever played has. I now actually play infantry and have fun with it, now that they can be Directly Controlled one man at a time. Its like a FPS in an RTS...its just great. As for the difficulty levels, I think my dad read somewhere awhile back when we first started playing. Easy is Hard, Normal is Insane and Hard is Impossible, just by the way the game plays....I tend to agree. I play vs the AI with Fog of War off and still find my self sometimes missing something and getting my tanks blown into shards of splintered DNA strands.

samedi
04-21-2011, 09:36 AM
This game is pretty much damn near impossible, on hard, medium or anything.

i have done and tried everything and when i capture a position the ai just cheat and in the end they just send a whole load of tanks which i cant deal with as none of my ****** soliders have any AT grenades, and then in one minute, the tanks undo all the work i have spent over 400 soldiers and countless tanks on, if that is the first mission imagine how the last ones are??

The first men of war was hard, hard but not frustrating to play, the missions required a fair degree of tactical knowledge and reasoning, and the ability to outthink the enemy whilst being outnumbered, however in this game it seems that they are asking you to take down whole of germany with a single rifleman and a knife. not only this but it seems that half the enemy tanks are indestructible, and everytime you capture a position, the ai then spams you with tanks and then undoes all your hard work while you cant counter it as you only get one reinforcement point every ten seconds, and by then they would have forced you all the way back to the start.

djsatane
04-22-2011, 08:45 AM
Lol, me and my buddies play it on hard and heroic every day , and granted u need 4 good people at least + patience, its really not that hard but it does take some planning and strategy.

kane1
04-23-2011, 12:52 AM
This game is pretty much damn near impossible, on hard, medium or anything.

i have done and tried everything and when i capture a position the ai just cheat and in the end they just send a whole load of tanks which i cant deal with as none of my ****** soliders have any AT grenades, and then in one minute, the tanks undo all the work i have spent over 400 soldiers and countless tanks on, if that is the first mission imagine how the last ones are??

The first men of war was hard, hard but not frustrating to play, the missions required a fair degree of tactical knowledge and reasoning, and the ability to outthink the enemy whilst being outnumbered, however in this game it seems that they are asking you to take down whole of germany with a single rifleman and a knife. not only this but it seems that half the enemy tanks are indestructible, and everytime you capture a position, the ai then spams you with tanks and then undoes all your hard work while you cant counter it as you only get one reinforcement point every ten seconds, and by then they would have forced you all the way back to the start.

With a simple hack(Takes me about a minute) you can be having a blast with this game on Heroic. You'll still lose lots of troops and tanks but it won't matter.

djsatane
04-23-2011, 03:08 AM
With a simple hack(Takes me about a minute) you can be having a blast with this game on Heroic. You'll still lose lots of troops and tanks but it won't matter.

Well yes, this is why they included editor, basically you can play skirmishes however you like it with basis knowledge of gem

kane1
04-23-2011, 05:14 AM
Well yes, this is why they included editor, basically you can play skirmishes however you like it with basis knowledge of gem

Your right, if you use the editor you can do a lot of changes. What I meant was going into a saved game file and just giving yourself a lot of Reinforcement points. So many that you don't worry about losing stuff.

roptor90
04-23-2011, 10:04 AM
Hard and Heroic is for partys its almost immposible as 1vsAI. Normal is very tough but that feeling at the end is fantastic. I played British Arnhem mission 3-4 hours...

Mihao
04-24-2011, 03:58 PM
That's why I always play on EASY. Which is like NORMAL or HARD in other games. And I think it's not like it's impossible to win on HARD - just You are not HARD enough:p

samedi
04-25-2011, 03:12 PM

Comment (how) do you do this

kane1
04-25-2011, 04:47 PM
Comment (how) do you do this

You can load and play any mission while in the Editor, and add/delete any unit/weapon or amount of units you want.
Start here to learn the Basics,

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=7079

warrior014
05-02-2011, 06:59 AM
That's why I always play on EASY. Which is like NORMAL or HARD in other games. And I think it's not like it's impossible to win on HARD - just You are not HARD enough:p

umm played a game on normal and won pretty easy in an hour and like 15-30mins then played the same map on easy and tried it 2 times and when we took the first objective they brought in an armored car with a 20mm and tore all our infantry new buttholes and couldnt catch up with it trying to throw AT grenades at it. It was like someone was controlling it and just messing with us lol.

samedi
06-14-2011, 11:10 AM
Another thing that really irritates me in this game is the fact that all enemy guns and vehicles have bonuses. whats the point of giving the ai bonuses as it imbalances the game, for example the enemy howitzers are able to fire shots at a rate of one shell every 4 seconds (i counted) however my simple 57 mm gun and 88mm tiger tank takes 10 seconds to reload and my howitzers take a good one and a half minutes a second. this is very frustrating as they are able to force me back all the way to the bridge and undo everything i have done.

Also it seems that the enemy tanks are made of some kind of super armour from the future. they are flipping indestructible. this game annoys me because this is what happens. first you attack the positions. the ai lightly press you back but you push them back more. get to the second line then in come the enemy supersoldiers. but you cant deal with them as you only get one reinforcement point a minute.
if by some miracle you manage to get through and get to the third line in come the machine gun howitzers. blasting your troops and tearing you a new ******* . and if thats not enough cue the supertanks. the ai then spam you with indestructible tanks which dont die even if hit by two 75 mm guns at pointblank range. unlike the old men of war. which was difficult to the point of madness, at least they didnt cheat or bump you like they do in this game. at least they were completable,

kane1
06-14-2011, 10:26 PM
Also it seems that the enemy tanks are made of some kind of super armour from the future. they are flipping indestructible. this game annoys me because this is what happens. first you attack the positions. the ai lightly press you back but you push them back more. get to the second line then in come the enemy supersoldiers. but you cant deal with them as you only get one reinforcement point a minute.
if by some miracle you manage to get through and get to the third line in come the machine gun howitzers. blasting your troops and tearing you a new ******* . and if thats not enough cue the supertanks. the ai then spam you with indestructible tanks which dont die even if hit by two 75 mm guns at pointblank range. unlike the old men of war. which was difficult to the point of madness, at least they didnt cheat or bump you like they do in this game. at least they were completable,

Give yourself lots of points so you don't have to wait. You can go into any of your saved game files and give yourself all the points you need, or change the delay time. I play the game on Heroic, yea my game is tweaked but I have a blast. I still lose lots of Units but it doesn't matter.

samedi
10-21-2012, 11:24 AM
Nothing has changed, the AI has some kind of god mode enabled and still spam you with indestructible tanks which when hit by pointblank range directly, see no damage.

djsatane
10-22-2012, 09:55 PM
Lol u made me chuckle

KnightFandragon
10-22-2012, 11:18 PM
Samedi, are you playing the US Campaign in MoW AS??

Well, heres the thing, it sounds more like you need to do research and learn more about what your using and what your fighting. The "75mm Gun" your using, its the Sherman 75mm Stubby isnt it? Well, heres the thing, THAT gun isnt going to kill anything, it needs several shots into the SIDES of German armor to kill them, much less frontal kills.

THe German armor is much more accurate and much more deadly. The Super Tanks your running into are most likely the Boxy Tiger, Panther and King Tiger tanks and your shit ass 75mm Sherman gun ISNT going to kill those.

I am not going to argue that this game gives little reward to flanking manevers nad tanks seem to have Hitpoints where after a number of shots thy die, but still....just gotta learn the game better.

I played the Campaign on EAsy and got shoved back into the sea after the Germans started sending in StuGs and Panzer IVs.....Gotta buy more M10s and learn how to hide and ambush the Germans. You might need a lesson in how to combat the AI rather then complain how they are hacking. They are in a way easy to fool really.

Get better with Direct Controlling your vehicles, then you wont have as big a deal with enemy armor.

Willia55m
10-23-2012, 02:26 AM
I better play Company of Heroes, they don't say that their game is realistic but it is.
http://www.rdox.info/01.jpghttp://www.rdox.info/02.jpghttp://www.rdox.info/8.jpghttp://www.rdox.info/04.jpg

KnightFandragon
10-23-2012, 11:57 PM
Company of heroes? Realistic??? Are you drunk?

CoH is like CoD....where as MoW is more like Red Orchestra.

Obviously, no game is going to get it exactly realistic, but CoH is no where near it....

hunsnotdead
10-30-2012, 01:33 PM
Nothing has changed, the AI has some kind of god mode enabled and still spam you with indestructible tanks which when hit by pointblank range directly, see no damage.

You are still holding it wrong.:(

General rule of thumb: if you are new to a game, you dont play on the hardest difficulties. If you do try it and fail miserably, you suck it up and dont whine on the net about "how this game sucks". It just makes you look like a fool. :!:

Secondly MoWAS skirmish mode is a coop focused series of scripted maps in a game that is a straight successor of a Commandos clone game. These missions were designed to be played with 8 people online, with each player having control of only a few units, and microing the hell out of them to gain a substantial amount of advantage.

The AI is limited and the maps are highly scripted, so you can easily counter the enemy if you memorise the map, on higher difficlties they spam units like theres no tomorrow, but even with this, moderately skilled bunch of 8 people can utterly destroy a hard enemy without any sweat. The AI units do not in any way recieve improved health or any unfair advantages, as a matter of fact, on easy and normal, your own units get health and damage buffs, and you get more points to spend. But your own units usefulness are limited, on hard and heroic you must scavenge for enemy equipment, and you will need to rely on captured enemy armor more than on normal.

The problem here i feel is Assault Squad was advertised with a single player campaign like its predecessors, but in reality, these skirmish maps are very much multiplayer focused, the average player just gets overwhelmed by the sheer unit numbers, and micromanagement requirements in single player.

neogodhobo
11-02-2012, 04:37 AM
Your right, if you use the editor you can do a lot of changes. What I meant was going into a saved game file and just giving yourself a lot of Reinforcement points. So many that you don't worry about losing stuff.

How do you do this exactly ? for those who arent good with computers

kane1
11-03-2012, 01:10 AM
How do you do this exactly ? for those who arent good with computers

Here is a link for a "how-to" vid,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukCQLLezWl0

If you have any trouble just PM me(shogomad). Once you figure this out you can play on Heroic, that's the only way I play. Make sure you watch the vid in HD.

DMS|Instinct
11-27-2012, 11:36 AM
There are no bonuses for AI, in fact the AI is getting penalties on all difficutly levels other than heroic. Player units, always fight better, everything else is just imagination.

dracopticon
05-03-2014, 09:42 AM
The balance in this game is politically correct, but historically incorrect. Me and my friend played germans against the AI american and the shermans beat a tiger from the front with two shots which then exploded, but before that we hade to shoot against another sherman with like 20 shots before it took a beating, but didn't explode! Nope, this game is SO american biased it stinks!

TheBattleMaster8
05-06-2014, 11:21 PM
Signum is correct about AT guns, but the game still sucks because all the skirmishes are set up the same exact boring way...... it isn't hard, because I can win when fighting the U.S, Soviets, etc, but the only faction I have NEVER won against, is Germany, I have no clue why, but they always have like 3 or 4 Pz IIIs down in my main point very quickly, the other factions..........seem to not do that........:confused:

nannerpuss
07-16-2015, 01:26 AM
Honestly there's no viable way to win every nation's Skirmish mode on Hard or Heroic mode by yourself. I wish 1C would have included a warning or something on the menu about needing more than one player to finish Hard/Heroic campaigns, because the way it is now you can beat Normal mode very easily and very quickly, but the scaling goes out the window on Hard.

I just uninstalled AS2 after about 250 hours, with about 30 spent just trying to finish Carentan solo on Hard mode. Was a very fun game until I went to Hard, and I beat everything relatively easily on Normal.