PDA

View Full Version : Custom PCs?

mentatz
04-09-2011, 05:13 AM
Hi, I'm currently playing 7.62 with BSM 1.6 and I was just wondering if there was anyway to make custom characters. The thing I liked about JA2's IMP mercs was that they were ambiguous enough for creating backstories on my own. The character backstories in 7.62 is kind of distracting and I was wondering if:

a.)I can customize the character backstories? Like i.e. changing Kurt's back story to make him, say into an Afrikaaner or Rhodesian.

b.) change the in-game voices for specific characters?

c.) I can extract the HUD\Faces and HUD\LARGEFACES files for Kurt and am planning to edit them yet I can't seem to extract the TGA files for the 3d body and face textures. My photoshop CS4 keeps getting a "Could not complete your request because the file-format module could not parse the file" error. Has anyone encountered this? Is it because the files got corrupted as I extracted them from their .azp file?

d.) and finally, when I've done all of that, how do I possibly install the mod? do I pack it into a new azp file or repack it into a similarly named and modified azp file which i just overwrite over the one in the main directory?

Sorry, for the long questions but I guess I hope to extend the immersion I can get from this pretty promising game. :)

Mentatz

Kuujis
04-09-2011, 07:28 AM
Well... Guys are adding whole bunch of JA2 mercs with their corresponding sounds, etc., so I don't see any reason, why the stuff you want could not be accomplished...

But, as always, there's a catch - you'll have to do this manually :) I.e. go to specific merc describing files and change stuff there. No out of the box in-game tools for that sadly...