PDA

View Full Version : Oleg how doable is this?

Bearcat
10-15-2007, 04:36 AM
First off.. I know that there are other threads in here for this.. but I don't want this to get lost in the mix.

Oleg.... how difficult would it be to add certain view functions as server side settings... What I mean is... right now the server can enable or disable padlock.... but how difficult would it be to separate the padlock settings for friendly, enemy, air and ground? As it stands now we do have settable switches in the sim for these functions.. external as well as normal padlock... it would be great if we could split that up... sort of like this:

padlock enabled/disabled : air or ground or both
friendly or enemy or both

in some combination of either of the settings above.

and also external view enabled : friendly or enemy or both

Is that even possible in the sim (46) or is that something that is beyond what 1C is even willing to consider. I think that the addition if possible of those features would be great.. as it is now.. we can set the icons to become visible where we want them.. could the same thing be done for these functions as well even if the separate settings is not achievable? Sort of like... padlock will only work within a certain range.... or externals within a certain range... I have no idea what it would entail... but it could be set in the menu in the same place as the other settings like No Icons, No Padlock, No Externals... but as a drop down sub menu.... and my other question is... if it is NOT possible to implement these features into 46... then can they be implemented into SoW? I happen to like externals.. and the graphics are just so good looking that often if I die an early death... I just like to watch the action. Would it also be able to set externals so that they only become active after you either land or get shot down?

bigbossmalone
10-15-2007, 06:19 PM
Everything that Bearcat said, and please make ships 'padlockable' as well, if possible, thanks Oleg!

GOZR
10-15-2007, 08:08 PM
Humm..

Bearcat
10-16-2007, 08:20 PM
boink

Monguse
10-17-2007, 12:42 PM
I'd like to add one simple request.

Currently the game saves the last skin used by the user in the settings.ini file under the user folder. That allows the user the ability to re-use a "user popular" skin whenever they arm with that aircraft.

I would like very much for the developers to expand this feature. The last skin used should also be included in the the server log (eventlog). By adding this small feature it would allow a server notification on the skin used by the client and would provide a means for the server and its administrators to either accept or reject the use of a particular skin.

In my opinion this would allow servers that allow skin download to host and enforce skins effectively.

Bearcat
10-18-2007, 01:18 PM
Bump.... uhhh... Mr. M??? Hello!!

GOZR
10-18-2007, 05:11 PM
Adding too much logs is not very good for server side .

A way to lock a certain quantity of skins or well define skins type is maybe a good implementation this way the server has to deal with only a small quantity of acceptable skins for the the given server missions.. I did explain this in some other thread at UBI..

The actual skin method is not good to much graphics exchange instead of just numbers or skin names ( can be good ), when the server as skins on and open to public there is no limitations and the server get out of hand on size..

I have on HISTORIA server 10 Gb of onliner skins.. this must stop too much graphics exchanges multiply this by the quantity of players and players to the server.. lots of traffics.

Now i think Oleg said that will change with SOW.. that is a great news.

GOZR
10-18-2007, 05:13 PM
Bear.. WOoosh! :D

4./JG53_Wotan
10-18-2007, 06:54 PM
Adding too much logs is not very good for server side .

That's exactly what is needed. We need a way to limit and restrict certain skins so that if we run an historical / on line / war campaign we can restrict skins to specific 'approved' or 'historical' skins. If the skin name was recorded into the event log, like load-outs, we could create a kick script that kicks those players from the game that are using non-approved skins. This along with the cache will allow a DF based war like Forgotten Skies - that has 80 to 90 per mission - to use something other then default skins.

Just using 'cache' skins doesn't prevent players from choosing their 'own' not apporved skins - either by mistake or whatever. If the skin name was recorded int he event log we could right a script that picks that up and would kick these players and then everyone would be sure to have the correct skins on.

This would be great to have in 4.09M...

Dozer_EAF19
10-20-2007, 03:37 AM
I think it would be really, really, REALLY useful if you can only start an online flight from the 'ARMING' screen. So many times, people start a flight with incorrect markings, wrong skins, illegal loadouts.... or plain forget to check their bomb delay settings... So if you could only start a COOP or DOGFIGHT flight from the ARMING screen I'd be very pleased.

It would simulate a pilot physically looking at his (or, in the unique case of Billfish, her) aircraft before the flight.

[beer is good.]