PDA

View Full Version : Mission 8 - Blowing up the bridge - great mission!

mbv
10-14-2007, 11:06 AM
After the nightmare that was mission 7 in the Abwehr school this mission gives a lot more freedom for experimentation. It is quite interesting having a mix of long range targets while also having to deal with guards at close range. I also love the way that, just when you thought you were finished after some pretty difficult manoeuvering, your objectives are suddenly updated and you get one final tricky problem to sort out. Excellent mission !

Have just set off the alarm right at the end because someone found a body, but as no-one can see me I think I will carry on.

Weissmann
10-14-2007, 12:05 PM
This mission is my favorite too :)

It all went wrong for me at one point and I ended up having to fight my way out of one of the towers - loved it !!

I'm on the British Embassy mission at the moment - I think this is the last one ?

Von Omar
10-16-2007, 08:23 AM
Also my favorite mission by far. I basically ended up killing everyone using the enemy sniper rifles each time I needed to move forward. The layout and options of advance made that level enjoyable from start to finish.
Hope they design more of those types of missions in future releases/add-ons.

RedMosha1
10-27-2007, 04:58 PM
I really can't do this one. I can get the first one because his head is obviously popping out. But the rest - out of sight, I've tried going incognito but then what? Am I meant to sneak into each tower and kill the sniper?

mbv
10-27-2007, 06:41 PM
From the trees near the start I could take out the first sniper in the right tower. Then from the centre of the rail track, between the two concrete walls that go up to the start of the span over the river itself, I could take out the sniper in the second tower on the left without being seen or heard. From that tower on the left I could take out the sniper directly opposite on the tower to the left (opposite side of bridge). For the last tower on the right (opposite side of the bridge) I had to get into the tower and kill him myself right at the top.

Hope that helps. It is a difficult mission (I set the alarm off twice and they never found me) but this really is one of the best missions in the game for freedom of movement compared to the missions inside buildings. There are lots of ways to complete this mission and mine is not necessarily the best way. Have fun :D

RedMosha1
10-29-2007, 12:13 AM
I killed EVERYBODY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock:

mbv
10-30-2007, 01:59 PM
:shock: Must have been quite difficult as there were loads of NPC's on that map, bet your score was nice and low :mrgreen:

hank3150
11-06-2007, 03:17 PM
I hate that mission. it was just duplicating the tower climbing 8 times and it went wrong for me in 1 tower, quicksaved at the wrong time >.<

rhytham
11-13-2007, 02:13 PM
Hi guys, this is my first post, actually I am stuck at this level, I have killed all the snipers, and I am supposed to get dynamites.

The problem is when I reach for dynamites, the action menu didn't pop up and even on pressing action key( 'E' by default) nothing happens, in the map there is blue exclamation mark at the place where dynamites are located.

Could anyone please tell me, where am I going wrong????

Thankssssssss

OSS
11-13-2007, 05:24 PM
you must have backpack to take dynamites..

rhytham
11-13-2007, 07:10 PM
thanksss, but backpak will raise their doubt :(

OSS
11-14-2007, 06:26 AM
no, on this mission you will get german backpack, so it's ok..

eveningsky339
12-01-2007, 12:05 AM
This was a fun mission, but it's not my favorite. Took me ages. >.<

I actually liked the previous School mission better... *waits for angry mob*

redscare
12-07-2007, 07:59 AM
This was a fun mission, but it's not my favorite. Took me ages. >.<

I actually liked the previous School mission better... *waits for angry mob*

Me too. There was a room at the school (third floor, where the target with the instructors is) were I killed 6 guys with the silenced revolver before they were able to see anything or raise the alarm. Priceless :D

I'm currently half-way this mission and I find it a bit repetitive. I wasn't able to get clear LOS to the snipers (besides the first) so had to go tower by tower hunting them. After the first two it becomes a bit boring. I expected a sniper war in this mission, but so far I've only used my sniper rifle to kill one sniper, and to kill every soldier under the bridge (then throw corpses to the river) to be able to move freely back an forth.

I also have no idea how I'm going to be able to place the dynamite in the center bridge location. There are tons of SS troopers that identify me. Oh well, I'm sure I'll find a way :-P

OSS
12-07-2007, 10:58 AM
I expected a sniper war in this mission, but so far I've only used my sniper rifle to kill one sniper, and to kill every soldier under the bridge (then throw corpses to the river) to be able to move freely back an forth.

i'v killed some snipers from another towers, they are hiding, but you can shoot window on that tower and they will pop to invistigate what happened.. you can than shot them nicely..

Jason
01-13-2009, 12:35 PM
no, on this mission you will get german backpack, so it's ok..

OMG :-x I dropped it at the start!

I have killed all the snipers without an alarm but plenty of suspicion (and swearing :oops:)

This mission is very hard to be quiet and it is frustrating more than fun so far...

[EDIT]

Time: 03:18:49
I can't believe it took that long!