PDA

View Full Version : Why have steering...

akaFr0sT
10-14-2007, 11:37 AM
i was wondering if the roads in this game will be similar to those in 18 wheels of steel series. that game had nothing but straight roads except for corners in cityes. that would be really dissapointing... another game for americans and their BIG stuff...

trucknisse
10-14-2007, 12:44 PM
similar to those in 18 wheels of steel series. that game had nothing but straight roads except for corners in cityes.

What are you TALKING about? Have you even played those games? There are bending roads everywhere, upramp, downramp etc.
Of course there will be curves, just watch the trailes, screenshots etc.

akaFr0sT
10-14-2007, 06:46 PM
yes i played 18 wheels of steel and the only curves that those games had were the ones when u change highways and some other in west area of the map. btw those 1 km ones on highways don't matter; those are not curves for me. in my opinion King of the Road still remains the best game of this genre though i really hope this one will end that supremacy.

"upramp, downramp..." whatever man...

Alex Pianist
10-14-2007, 07:36 PM
akaFr0sT
If you have played Haulin - you wouldn't say that. I smashed many times in Canada when I went only 50MPH just because there are very dangerous curves. Try to drive near Miami, or route 101...
About the "best game of the genre" I cannot absolutely agree with you. Yeah, it is true that King of The road has better gameplay.. but is this gameplay realistic. How many times we can see wheelers racing on the highways and in the cities? I like 18wos because there are many features - blinkers, jakebrake, engine overheat, brake pressure and so on... so it depends on ones personality - what do you want to get from the game - either arcade-gameplay (not arcade physics), or the real-rolling...

bayonet
10-14-2007, 09:13 PM
I think he's thinking about the interstates. I would have to agree with him, the interstates are boring as shit in haulin. Every scale is the same, every turn before a scale is the same, the only viewing distance is the very edges beside the road, there's nothing to see at all. however, once you go north it does get better and more interesting.

Alex Pianist
10-14-2007, 10:22 PM
Well, what was I talking about? About the skies? :lol:
Interstates are borring, yeah, but have you ever tried to drive 300 miles without a rest in the real life? I can tell you that it is really borring, so it is kind of realism as for me. I get borred in King of the Road after three hours. Btw - rolling becomes more interesting in 18wos when you buy for example a Peterbilt 387. When you rolling 90MPH with double eggs :D it is kind of tough thing.
And you cannot say that you agree with him because you mentioned the other things. Yeah I also think that it could be a few versions of gas stations or scales, for example they could use some types from the very first part of their game.
Why didn't you say - each traffic jam is the same? It's true, but when you tired to spend a lot of time approaching the exits - you can skip traffic by using outlet.

We'll see how many variants of highway entrances e.t.c. will be in RnR...

Flagman_20
10-14-2007, 10:40 PM
I think that not even interstates are "straight". Take a look at some of the interstates between Winnipeg/Seattle and around Thunder Bay in 18WoS. Drive there. See how fast you can go without loosing grip. Those roads are everything but straight.

Alex Pianist
10-14-2007, 10:49 PM
Flagman_20
Yeah my friend - you are completely right. Some curves on the interstates, you cannot safely pass with the the speed over 30mph

Flagman_20
10-14-2007, 10:53 PM
I should know :lol:
It was annoying actually, never do a double egg cargo and drive fast through there... 8)

Flagman_20
10-14-2007, 11:21 PM
First of all: Who are you calling a looser?
And only straight roads are goddamn boring, nothing to do

Trucksims
10-14-2007, 11:27 PM
Some straight roads are boring I find the curve roads annoying. steering left and right for hours just to stay in your lane when you can just cruise down a straight road. Enjoy losers

Flagman_20
10-14-2007, 11:32 PM
If you think that straights are boring and turns are annoying, why the f**k are you waiting for a truck sim? And you're calling us losers... :roll:
If you want to set cruise control and drive straight for hours, that's up to you.

Trucksims
10-14-2007, 11:43 PM
Wow dont get your panties all in a bunch there tea bag.

toyota-martin
10-15-2007, 01:39 AM
off topic:

easy now u 2..

i do see why flagman is annoyed on u trucksims.. why call them losers because they have a different oppinion then u have?? grow up m8. that "loser" comment was some of the first u wrote.. what about not writing in forums until u know how to behave!

To topic:

don't agree to what u guys says about only stait corners ;) eks. in haulin' take a trip from grat falls to miami.. its a long trip, but u get your corners ;) especially down at Miami, where its totally imposible to get a higher speed then 40 mph. if u want to drive just a litle bit safe :P

Trucksims
10-15-2007, 02:03 AM
Losers

Alex Pianist
10-15-2007, 04:40 AM
I like 18WoS because the roads are wide (I'm actually talking about the lanes), and you can feel that you are on the highway, so you can let yourself go faster (if you have a powerful truck). But again, as I told - in some places there is no way to go fast, such as Miami, west bound of canadian route to Seattle, route 101 and some others. As for me, it is too much for the interstate routes... but still - there are curves and you cannot fly on you truck drifting near the corners (especially with damn double-eggs :lol: )

If you want to set cruise control and drive straight for hours, that's up to you. In the game, when you have to roll and roll it's kinda borring, so I would definately do not make it even more borring by using cruise control.

Trucksims If you are keeping call everybody losers - you are damn coo-coo. Somebody call 911!

GinXeng
10-15-2007, 07:46 AM
I think its great to have curvey roads but not too much, then it gets boring.

Flagman_20
10-15-2007, 12:11 PM
First of all, Trucksims, your insults are getting old.
Secondly, if you want to call everyone loosers, why don't you stand in the road and get yourself killed, hum?

Beisdes, were talking about turns ( :lol: ), not insulting each other.
It's better to stop here before things get out of hand

akaFr0sT
10-16-2007, 11:35 AM
can u guyz tell me your opinion concerning 1. hard to drive roads in 18 WoS 2. easy to drive roads

i'd say 1. 15% 2. 85% +- 5%

bayonet
10-16-2007, 06:24 PM
Ok, let me rephrase something here....

Too many turns suck, I know, I meant curves not turns. Look at haulin.....there is no such thing as banked curves or anything, thats one of the reasons their stock map fails at life. As long the road itself is realistic I will have no problems driving an interstate.

Alex Pianist
10-16-2007, 06:34 PM
akaFr0sT
It depends on speed and on that fact - how do you drive.
Below 50-60mph Hard 10%, Easy 90%
More than 80mph - Hard 40%, Easy 60% (+/-5%), if you try to stay in lane as in the real life - Hard 75%, Easy 25%...

bayonet I didn't get it... sorry for my english ) but - curves mean sharp turns? Like around or even more than 90 degrees?[/b]

bayonet
10-16-2007, 07:07 PM
this is what I mean by curves

http://www.hankstruckpictures.com/pix/trucks/roadtrip2005a/day01/dsc_9911.jpg

see how they are not level and you have time to turn through them while still keeping a pretty good pace. if you play the 18wos series they dont have any of this, all they have is either sharp hairpin curves or completely flat roads with a few hills on the sides so you have no depth of vision to the scenery.

Flagman_20
10-16-2007, 09:09 PM
Oh, you mean banked turns (I believe it's how they're called)
No, 18WoS doesn't have any of those. It's bad really.

Alex Pianist
10-16-2007, 09:53 PM
bayonet Which game this screenshot was made from? I wanna this Game!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well... yesterday I drove from Chicago towards San Francisco - there was a curve actually... not long but - road went up, and then down with right turn into the tunnel. Also you can see sometimes such curves when driving on the one-lane roads.

Btw - is that Pennsylvania on the picture?

Flagman_20
10-16-2007, 10:16 PM
Alex
I don't think tht's a game at all :lol: :lol: :lol: , but a very nice pic nonetheless :wink:

Alex Pianist
10-17-2007, 03:50 AM
Haha guys :lol: . No curves?
http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/1166/curve1ki5.jpg
Really?
http://img524.imageshack.us/img524/2341/curvevh3.jpg

Isn't it just beautiful? 8)
http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/9126/beuryjg5.jpg

trucknisse
10-17-2007, 09:24 AM
Yeah. Thats right. :!: Real curves. It has happened to me more than once that when the sleep timer turns on, and you get a blackout, I smack hard in the roadside railing. Florida is the place for curves. :arrow: I will play there tonight and post some Florida screens for ya all.

trucknisse
10-17-2007, 09:25 AM
By the way, is double egges your preferred cargo? It pays well, and you need to drive carefully.

Alex Pianist
10-17-2007, 10:40 AM
Yeah, Florida routes are crazy :mrgreen:
Yes I prefer to take double-eggs because I can get more money for them. The only problem is to park double-trailer... but I get used to it, now it's not a big deal. Besides - it depends on the parking area - sometimes there is no way to park the double-...

Btw - these screens were made - I-80 W, before Salt Lake City