PDA

View Full Version : New computer requirements???????????????????????????????????

jamesdietz
10-13-2007, 04:19 PM
Now that ( apparently) we are closer to roll-out of BoB can anyone give us the PC requirements so that we can have purchased the right rig before we get the sim in our hot little hands...My PC which is 5 years old probably won't even run the titles & tracks let alone fly the game...Give us a break...let us be prepared...Pleeeeeeze? :wink:

DKoor
10-13-2007, 05:16 PM
Now that ( apparently) we are closer to roll-out of BoB can anyone give us the PC requirements so that we can have purchased the right rig before we get the sim in our hot little hands...My PC which is 5 years old probably won't even run the titles & tracks let alone fly the game...Give us a break...let us be prepared...Pleeeeeeze? :wink:Is there any hint info when will sow be released?

Avimimus
10-13-2007, 05:23 PM
Wait to upgrade then focus on 1. RAM followed by 2. CPU followed by 3. Video card (which doesn't matter near as much).

Release is expected in and around mid-winter (or possibly later)

kristorf
10-13-2007, 05:51 PM

Ahhh, but which year, thats the fun part of the guessing game............

SlipBall
10-13-2007, 09:35 PM
I'm not waiting anymore...bought a new 4000+ cpu.....new OCZ ram and OCZ gamer 750 watt PSU.........and I'm looking for a ATI 1950XTX......that should get me up in the air :P

Triad773
10-14-2007, 12:06 AM
Were I one to wager, I would bet perhaps Windows Vista 64 bit, Quad core Intel, crossfire video of 512mb, and maybe 3gb RAM. But then I just have described my dream machine for the next 5 years 8) (OH- and it's a Mac with Bootcamp- personal choice :D )

Looking forward to BoB:SOW mightily though 8)

Sim
10-14-2007, 01:01 AM
...Give us a break...let us be prepared...Pleeeeeeze? :wink:

Better strategy is to wait and see.

Triad773
10-14-2007, 01:21 AM
Sounds like prudent advice to me Sim. I had already upgraded once for IL-2. Like had been said at the other board, best to wait until we know ;) And we won't know until we know.

Until then I'm happy with the performance of my dual core rig :D

Shadow
10-14-2007, 05:01 AM
It'll run just fine on what most of us have now.

The only reason to have a higher speced system is to run it at higher graphics settings.

I started playing IL2 FB on an Intel 866 processer with a G force 3 video card and 128 Mb of ram and it ran just fine at reduced settings.

It drives me nuts reading this 'all or nothing' cr@p all the time.

You want to upgrade your computer now...

Do it.

Everything will be just fine.

Oleg is not an idiot. He will build in scalability. The sky is not going to fall if you don't wait until the game is out and then drop six grand on a rig to play it.

Relax already, folks.

Vantskruv
10-14-2007, 07:48 AM
And what about Linux? Will the game support OpenGL? I really hope the devs will make the game support Linux natively. I've almost completely converted to Linux this summer and it's great! Vista was the turning point for me. IL2 works quite fine on Wine (a Windows emulator), but I really, really hope you devs can make it available for Linux.

A tip for the devs: Follow the trend as ID Software and Epic Games do!

http://www.kubuntu.com/
http:///www.ubuntu.com/

Edit: For me it's vital with Linux support, because otherwise I'll not buy the game.

mazex
10-14-2007, 08:01 AM
Wait to upgrade then focus on 1. RAM followed by 2. CPU followed by 3. Video card (which doesn't matter near as much).

I would reverse that order. Everyone today has 2GB+ in new computers and you will not get an fps increase from adding more. Be sure. The CPU is naturally important but the mid-range core 2 duo:s (like the E6850) pulls any game off without beeing the bottleneck. It's on the GPU where the magic happens - and thats where I would recommend you to put your hard earned dollars ;)

OK - my recommendation for a gaming rig that runs any game fine today (and in the near future), without beeing super expensive:

2Gb+ memory. Add some if you use a 64 bit OS, I run a dual boot XP-32bit and Vista 64 Ultimate. I never run Vista 64 for gaming as the performance is worse on ALL games I have tried...

Intel Core 2 Duo E6850 CPU - Good value for money...

Nvidia 88xx Series graphics card. Today this card is the only one to buy. There are some new cards on the horizon that may be worth waiting for, the 8800 GT (G92) is a "budget" card that looks interesting...

Regards /Mazex

My own rig below (almost a year old now so don't take it as a recommendation - a year ago I would naturally have endorsed it, but not in the "budget" class):

Intel Core 2 Duo E6700 (@3.0Ghz - 1200Mhz FSB)
Asus Striker Extreme NForce680i SLI MB
Asus GeForce 8800GTX 768Mb
2 x 1Gb Corsair PC6400 XMS2 XTREME CAS4 @900Mhz 4-4-4-15 2,1 Volt
1 x RAPTOR 150GB + 2 x Raptor 74Gb (raid 0) + Hitatchi T7K500 320GB
Creative SB X-Fi Xtreme Gamer Fatal1ty Professional
Zalman CNPS9700 Cpu cooler
Antec TruePower Trio 650W
Antec P180B Chassis
Dual boot - Windows XP SP2+ and Vista64 Ultimate

Finally, BoB may arrive in 2009 so hardware recommendations for that game are hard to foresee ;)

Good luck! /Mazex

Blood_Splat
10-14-2007, 03:21 PM
You're going to need a couple of these.
http://www.solcomhouse.com/Enenucl.jpg

Asheshouse
10-14-2007, 04:13 PM
You're going to need a couple of these.
http://www.solcomhouse.com/Enenucl.jpg

Too late. These ones at Chapelcross Nuclear Stn have been demolished already.

VMF-214_HaVoK
10-15-2007, 09:59 PM
One ? will do, dont you think? Or does that make Oleg go "wow I better check out that thread and respond asap"? :roll:

S!

Duke
10-16-2007, 04:24 AM
Sorry if this has been asked before (I didn't see anything but I'm new :oops: ), is there any word on whether or not BOB will support multi-core CPU's?

SFM-SPIT
10-16-2007, 11:11 AM
Hi

As Oleg said long before.. be ready to change your hardware for BoB.. as we can expect roll out of BoB for 2008 (certainly late 2008) it's a bit hard to preview what hardware will be the average for BOB.

think Dual Core will be supported.. DX10, but what about openGL... it's a mistery..

Recently a demo of Game PT Boat was only available for Vista

JG4_Greif
10-16-2007, 12:07 PM
I also couldn`t wait any longer. My pc, I have here, is very slow, and I cannot play the newer games anymore. And as the release date of BOB is not known jet, maybe at the end of next year, I couldn`t wait any longer.
Got now a quadcore, 4 gig ram and the 8800GT(when it comes out).
Hopefully it will be enough for BoB, I wont´t change anything except the GraficCard.

mwolf
10-17-2007, 09:31 AM
the thing is that develotment team knows what we will need
they are runing beta versions so they must know
it will be nice from them to tell us
some of us need to change hardware soon if not now
so PLEASE TELL US !!!!
ofcourse for medium and max setings

thank you

JG53Harti
10-17-2007, 11:55 AM
if you read this
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/viewtopic.php?p=2649#2649

Hi folks!

Here we begin to post development news of BoB.... some time, but not so rare... I hope once per 2-3 weeks or so .... and more close to beta - each week like in old good time with IL-2

you will know that we are far away from a beta...

Zoom2136
10-17-2007, 01:53 PM
Hi

As Oleg said long before.. be ready to change your hardware for BoB.. as we can expect roll out of BoB for 2008 (certainly late 2008) it's a bit hard to preview what hardware will be the average for BOB.

think Dual Core will be supported.. DX10, but what about openGL... it's a mistery..

Recently a demo of Game PT Boat was only available for Vista

Oleg said a long time ago that all "optimization" will be made.... so it is safe to assume that dual core (quad core ?) is in....

As far as DX10... when I asked Oleg this question earlier this year he said that BOB will be OPEN GL ans NOT DX10....

As for iL2 BOB will have a multitude of features that will be "turned on" as hardware becomes more powerfull....